Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: X-Men #9 Cover

I think some fans have underestimated Duggan and his plans for this series. While he’s certainly dedicated swathes of time in each issue to plot-, villain-, and character-building, it’s clear—to me, at least—that he is working toward something big, which will definitely connect, as I suspected, with the outcomes of Trial of Magneto, Inferno, and X Lives/X Deaths of Wolverine.

The Resurrection Protocols have already been dramatically changed, and the Quiet Council has followed and will continue to follow suit. We have yet to see how Logan’s time-traveling will further affect the status quo, but it’s sure to be in a big way. Moreover, Captain Krakoa looms, and it is upon his arrival that I suspect this series will shift into high gear.

I think Duggan has been successful at buying time while serving both intrigue and fun, seemingly light fare. I genuinely love this series. I think once he completes his first arc, or the first twelve issues, people will be able to pull back and see what a great job he’s done, especially while juggling and avoiding so much.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    finally, we see something happening in Duggan's X-Men. great! cannot wait. Will Orchis take over Mars?! Storm on a broken throne would make sense then.
    To be fair, these first 5 issues were clearly just spinning their wheels until we reached the gross Percy event.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    To be fair, these first 5 issues were clearly just spinning their wheels until we reached the gross Percy event.
    Also Marauders didn’t exactly set a high bar for another Duggan written team book. Then X-men Green happened. Honestly if it’s gotten a lot better recently I’ll pick it back up but the most I’ve heard since I put it down is Captain Krakoa memes, mostly of the variety of how many mutants in a trench coat are they?

I caught up on 3-5 the other day and I gotta say Duggan is doing a pretty good job. There is plenty of plot, and a lot of plot threads developed throughout this book. It’s pacing just feels way more classic: A plot, B plot, C and D hinted to become A and B in so many months time etc. I like it, and Duggan is really doing a lot of good job with the page economy and character.

Simply put, it doesn’t seem to be spinning to me.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

damn that's hot fire, I want a virgin version of this cover so bad

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Yep. *sigh* hopefully we get Hickman to return on a Xbook a few years from now. I'm assuming Immortal Xmen and XMR will handle the Dominion plot eventually.
    Yeah. I fully expected ORCHIS to survive Inferno, but I thought we would still get some sort of resolution to the conflict (no more Nimrod and or Omega Sentinel maybe). Now it just looks like it was about removing the Sword of Damocles that was/is Moira, so the X-Office could carry on without addressing that plot point.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    Yeah. I fully expected ORCHIS to survive Inferno, but I thought we would still get some sort of resolution to the conflict (no more Nimrod and or Omega Sentinel maybe). Now it just looks like it was about removing the Sword of Damocles that was/is Moira, so the X-Office could carry on without addressing that plot point.
    Honestly I’d rather they not kill Omega Sentinel but try to find a way to purge the future self’s influence. I liked the character in her other appaearences.

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    Thank you! Solicits are out!

Oh geez, another new Wolverine book.
    He’s almost as over saturated as Batman.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    At least batman stuff has supporting character's that get their own books, I don't think there's been a case where every member of the batfamily was put on hold for for a whole third of a year of Bruce.

Astonishing Member

I would love to see the Children of the Vault as a cover, as for me they always pose the true threat not Orchis,but this is cool too.

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    At least batman stuff has supporting character's that get their own books, I don't think there's been a case where every member of the batfamily was put on hold for for a whole third of a year of Bruce.
    I’m certain that this wolverine weekly is a reaction to Hickman leaving. They needed somebody to act as a buffer so they could realign everything, relaunch to a new direction, and scout a new big name to be the flagship book so Percy came in. Shame they got Mr Wolverine to pen the new book, but I’m sure the office needed 3 months to plan and get Gillen in, so we’ll get something good at the end of the tunnel.

Mighty Member

I dunno, maybe it's just me who paid attention to all the last like 4 pages of each issue that were all "Orchis manipulating the media and doing messed up things in the shadows that the X-men are unaware of" and thought

"Yeah that's eventually gonna be a thing."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spit and Syntax View Post
    I’m certain that this wolverine weekly is a reaction to Hickman leaving. They needed somebody to act as a buffer so they could realign everything, relaunch to a new direction, and scout a new big name to be the flagship book so Percy came in. Shame they got Mr Wolverine to pen the new book, but I’m sure the office needed 3 months to plan and get Gillen in, so we’ll get something good at the end of the tunnel.
    Problem is at any time Marvel feels the need to push Wolverine to Center Stage they end up neglecting literally every other character not named Wolverine. Having an entire event masquerading as a Wolverine solo doesn't instill me with any faith.

For the record I do like Wolverine I just hate when Marvel oversatutates the Xbooks with him. But hey it's a good time to be a Wolverine fan...again.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I would love to see the Children of the Vault as a cover, as for me they always pose the true threat not Orchis,but this is cool too.
    They are the coolest threat of this era but with Hickman's departure and their emergence being a 'future' deal I doubt we are going to see them for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    He is nowhere near as over saturated as Batman or Spider-man. He is in one ongoing, one team and now one mini. That said this weekly event is ridiculous. That will likely be something that should have been told exclusively in his ongoing title.