Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Oh yeah, and then he picked a fight w/ Otto who was about to start surgery on a girl and then "lost".Yeah I wiped that from my mind
    He only started a fight with Otto when Otto was gonna steal the helmet, during the surgery, he kept being annoying, but didn't interfere.

Anyways, there's also one weird moment from Superior#2, where Peter doesn't want Otto to break up with MJ:

And it's weird because, in the same fucking issue, he was shown disgust whenever something was going on between MJ and Otto:

Makes no sense, he should be celebrating that Otto broke up with MJ lol.

Also ****, Ghost Peter is annoying, if I ever read Superior in its entirety, I'll probably be kinda happy when he gets "killed", will be one less annoying thing to put up with lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    He only started a fight with Otto when Otto was gonna steal the helmet, during the surgery, he kept being annoying, but didn't interfere.

Anyways, there's also one weird moment from Superior#2, where Peter doesn't want Otto to break up with MJ:

And it's weird because, in the same fucking issue, he was shown disgust whenever something was going on between MJ and Otto:

Makes no sense, he should be celebrating that Otto broke up with MJ lol.

Also ****, Ghost Peter is annoying, if I ever read Superior in its entirety, I'll probably be kinda happy when he gets "killed", will be one less annoying thing to put up with lol.
    Oh and when Ock was going through Peter's memories to get himself off, probably because no women ever touched him when it wasn't a punch.Yeah I know May happened, let me have my joke

I hate people thinking THIS is Peter because of Slott, he must have some great blackmail material on Marvel because ain't no way

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Oh and when Ock was going through Peter's memories to get himself off, probably because no women ever touched him when it wasn't a punch.Yeah I know May happened, let me have my joke
    Maybe Otto had enough sense to not masturbate about Peter's aunt while he's in Peter's body .

I hate people thinking THIS is Peter because of Slott, he must have some great blackmail material on Marvel because ain't no way
    Marvel at the time just, had a lot of crap going on with them, and it wasn't just the writers, AvX is editorial mandated, and despite having good writers in it, it still read like crap.

For whatever reason, Civil War and AvX went for those hero vs hero events with the mentality of "both sides have a point", and doing that is fine, the problem is that the way Marvel did it felt like "Both sides are fucking assholes and I hope neither of them wins", it was probably meant to piss off nerds to make people buy 'em, and since people are idiots, it worked.

Every era has questionable ****, nothing's perfect, but 2000's and 2010's, the bad stuff really felt like "throw **** at the wall and see what sticks" with the bad ideas, or potentially good ideas with bad execution, Superior happens to be the second one.

So yeah, I doubt Slott would need to bother using blackmail, he just happened to get a big gig when Marvel was having a shitstorm, which's far worse, 'cause it means part of the garbage might even be intentional, and Spidey wasn't the only one getting fucked in the ass without lube lol.

BANNED

You dirty pervert incels! Otto is not a typical virgin like Peter so you-all are projecting. Don't forget Mary Anders and Stunner. Though perhaps they were just chubby chasers.

Spectacular Member Obsidian Spider's Avatar

So, what currently IS Otto?

A clone? A reanimation of Mephisto? There was something to do with Mephisto, right? What was the deal there?

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian Spider View Post

A clone? A reanimation of Mephisto? There was something to do with Mephisto, right? What was the deal there?
    from the wiki

Despite Anna Maria begging him not to throw away the good inside himself, Otto accepted Mephisto's bargain and was restored to his original body and state of mind from before he ever mind-swapped with Peter Parker. A spare cloned body was used as a decoy to fool Norman, and later buried as Elliot Tolliver.

As is typical with Mephisto, the details of this deal are somewhat confusing. Otto has seemingly lost all of Peter Parker's memories, but retained all of the ones since he was duplicated after the battle against the Inheritors. For instance, though Otto did not remember Peter's identity or the events from the first time he was the Superior Spider-Man, he remembered his alliance with the Jackal through the War of the Realms, and people such as Anna Maria, from the New U crisis to the present. This also meant that while he remembered being a hero, he now associated more with villainy, just as he did before the initial mind-swap. The deal also included restoring Otto's body to perfect shape, not only fixing the damage of all fights as Octopus, but also the brain damage he suffered while becoming Octopus — "if any." This suggested that Mephisto was convinced the brain damage was a false excuse and Otto would return to criminal behavior regardless

then after sinister war he someone regain his memories as superior spiderman
    Last edited by Jman27; 12-25-2021 at 10:16 AM.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    from the wiki

Despite Anna Maria begging him not to throw away the good inside himself, Otto accepted Mephisto's bargain and was restored to his original body and state of mind from before he ever mind-swapped with Peter Parker. A spare cloned body was used as a decoy to fool Norman, and later buried as Elliot Tolliver.

As is typical with Mephisto, the details of this deal are somewhat confusing. Otto has seemingly lost all of Peter Parker's memories, but retained all of the ones since he was duplicated after the battle against the Inheritors. For instance, though Otto did not remember Peter's identity or the events from the first time he was the Superior Spider-Man, he remembered his alliance with the Jackal through the War of the Realms, and people such as Anna Maria, from the New U crisis to the present. This also meant that while he remembered being a hero, he now associated more with villainy, just as he did before the initial mind-swap. The deal also included restoring Otto's body to perfect shape, not only fixing the damage of all fights as Octopus, but also the brain damage he suffered while becoming Octopus — "if any." This suggested that Mephisto was convinced the brain damage was a false excuse and Otto would return to criminal behavior regardless

then after sinister war he someone regain his memories as superior spiderman
    So….. does that means that he remembers Peters secret ID at all, at the end of the day? 80. Bey issue kinda felt that it did, but even now I’m unsure.

I’m just going in the assumption that Otto remembers all.

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    So….. does that means that he remembers Peters secret ID at all, at the end of the day? 80. Bey issue kinda felt that it did, but even now I’m unsure.

I just guess the writer for that issue either wasn't caught up on what happened to Otto or didn't care

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Thanks!

If it was a clear and straightforward answer it wouldn’t be comics.

But wait… what does Mephisto get out of the deal? Is that a mystery?

The writing treats him like he's the same Otto, but if we're going to get specific, he's a backup of Otto's memories created by Otto himself, who has his Spider-Otto memories from up until Superior#19, and when he was time traveling around, he dealt with Spider-Verse's stuff, and this backup allowed him to keep those memories, and the memories were inside machines (Like Living Brain), then, in Clone Conspiracy, when Ben was cloning Otto, Otto himself took over the clone's body, and since the body died with Peter's mind, it means Otto got to kill "Peter" again (Slott seems to really like that lol), and then he eventually transfered his mind to a clone of Peter's body, then, in the second volume of Superior Spider-Man, he decided to accept Mephisto's deal to be able to defeat Spider-Norman (Which's questionable since all he did was summon a bunch of arms, but whatever), and this deal made him forget Peter's secret identity.

So, you can see why they treat him like he's the same Otto, but he's a mind clone who had his memories stopping in Superior#19 (Plus Spider-Verse stuff), then had his memories fucked with after the deal with Mephisto.

Basically, yay comic books lol.

I didn't get the impression that he remembers in either Sinister War or the ASM#80.BEY, but who knows lol.

But wait… what does Mephisto get out of the deal? Is that a mystery?
    nothing important really I think just to mess with another spiderman

Wig Over The Hoodie Style IamnotJudasTraveller's Avatar

I flipped back through the last issues of Gage's Superior Spider-Man, and Mephisto basically makes a deal where Otto keeps all memories that are irrevocably his (his life as Elliot Tolliver and so on) but anything that would make him aware of Peter's identity and HIS life experiences (like power = responsibility, etc.) were blocked out to him. He does say that out loud to Anna Maria and his girlfriend at the time (forgot her name). But by the end of Gage's run he seemed to just want move on and not dwell on the bits he can't remember (he does know he was in the actual Spider-Man's body, but not his identity), and then Spencer had him try to track the bits he does remember which led him to where his old body was buried, implying he was now haunted by these gaps in his memory, with mucho Mephisto teasing in the proccess.

But then Spencer's run ended the way it did and the rest is history. I guess we'll have to see whether they bother to address this, in case the red jar thing does turn out to be Norman's sins. Since, right now, we're left with an Otto that can't connect the dots, but he knows Parker Industries are his', and he's helping May because Peter's his nephew, and he knows Peter let "a" Spider-Men keep the trademark with Beyond. Makes as much sense as knowing he hijacked Peter's body, but can't recall the ID anyway.
    Discovering/CONFESSING! the nature of evil... one retcon at a time.

This story was well-told, but I just don't buy the idea of something this unusual happening to Peter. I get that it's a trope in serial fiction that weird things keep happening around the lead, so that Hercule Poirot happens to be staying somewhere a murder occurs way too often, but it bugs me.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    This story was well-told, but I just don't buy the idea of something this unusual happening to Peter. I get that it's a trope in serial fiction that weird things keep happening around the lead, so that Hercule Poirot happens to be staying somewhere a murder occurs way too often, but it bugs me.
    Peter's entire life is made of bizarre coincidences, a lot of people in real life may not even see a crime, much less be robbed, yet Spidey finds crime everytime he breathes.

It's a weird coincidence, but one that has long defined super-heroes in general lol.