Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

With those sideburns I wouldn’t be at all surprised if Clark is revealed as the vampire king . Did not expect them to turn Zatanna, Jesus is the situation bad. How the hell could Batman ever possibly win against magic users without massive plot armor and ass pulls? Nice to see Steel here at least!
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, at this point J'onn is probably going to get punked like Diana did.
    “Let me just read your mi- AAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH”. They don’t call him J’obb J’onzz for nothing
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Mighty Member

Oh great, basically yet another Batman saves the incompetent Justice League story, maybe they can do it in tandem with Superman stomps the weak Justice League for even more fun...... And i guess the trash with specifically Wonder Woman was so that nobody thinks that announcing the video game would mean they have truly changed, a shame, because i really enjoyed Vampire Hal.
    Last edited by Rightoya; 12-28-2021 at 04:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    “Let me just read your mi- AAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH”. They don’t call him J’obb J’onzz for nothing
    Touche .

This story is enjoyable as long as you take it at face value. It’s an out of continuity pop-corn mini series featuring vampires. Yeah Diana getting taken out like that was weak but I did like how Hal did the whole “there’s just one problem. I’m not left handed” trick. He didn’t reveal one of his most powerful new weapons until Diana literally had him in the lasso.

Vampire Hal has been an enjoyable prick of a villain. Adding Wonder Woman and Zee to their ranks is a huge power shift and definitely ups the stakes. There’s still Superman and Martian Manhunter left as the alpha level heroes. Putting my money on J’onn has the mastermind vampire as having yet another story with Superman as the ultimate evil would be incredibly dumb. Having MM as the vampire leader with all of his ridiculous powers would be pretty cool. It would also explain why he’s not just scanning everyone’s mind to find the culprit.

I’m really hoping Justice League Dark shows up. It would be amazing if Frankenstein and the Creature Commandos made an appearance, though that’s very unlikely.
    Last edited by Robotman; 12-28-2021 at 06:47 PM.

This book should be called Batman vs Vampires because at this rate that's what it's going to turn into.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    This book should be called Batman vs Vampires because at this rate that's what it's going to turn into.
    Naw they already did that in the 90’s.

Plus it’s like Batman and half the Wonder Twins vs Vampires.
    Last edited by sifighter; 12-29-2021 at 09:51 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    spoilers:
    Let's say Diana was ambushed and turned into a vampire, but the Lasso helped her retain her free will. Now there's intriguing conflict as she's fighting against this vampire invasion while trying to resist her growing bloodlust. Add a ticking clock element as her condition gets worse? Drama?
    end of spoilers
    Reminds me of Wonder Woman: Blackest Night. Premium drama in that story.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

I'm loving it. As much as I'm enjoying some of the regular monthlies lately I'm enjoying the miniseries' DC has put out over the last year even more, Black Label and otherwise.

Astonishing Member

Honestly while I agree with the jobbing complaints, I enjoyed seeing Ratcatcher and I enjoyed the brief segment with Zatanna. Hopefully the series focuses more on Jayna, Ollie, and Dinah, than Bruce, but I won’t get my hopes too far up.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Naw they already did that in the 90’s.

Plus it’s like Batman and half the Wonder Twins vs Vampires.
    Jesus, Vampire Bats is JACKED. His knees has a six-pack
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Jesus, Vampire Bats is JACKED. His knees has a six-pack
    It was the 90s. I'm shocked that there's no pic of Tim Drake equally jacked

Fantastic Member

I share the dismay of others who feel Wonder Woman was treated ridiculously, almost offensively, in this issue. It's been long established that Diana is virtually immune to mind-control -and actually holding the lasso of truth while she is being attacked by someone trying to hypnotize her should make her MORE immune/resistant, not less.

Wonder Woman's time as the leader of the Justice League Dark has been extremely well done and greatly increased the profile of the character as a supernatural/divine being. Being a goddess, her resistance to other supernatural forces should also be enhanced. Again, she was just really badly treated in this story. I guess it being an Elseworlds story is a bit of a consolation. It means we can forget about it when it's over. But it is still really, really annoying.

^^ It's not just Wonder Woman. Obviously Hal fell victim and became someone's lapdog (I'm sure when they reveal how it will be equally ridiculous) and Barry went down with barely a struggle.(as did Arcane last ish) Batman's the only one who's not going to get jobbed in this book. (and maybe Ollie)
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 12-31-2021 at 10:33 AM.

are we placing bets on who Wonder Woman is biting next issue?
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    are we placing bets on who Wonder Woman is biting next issue?
    Supes probably (assuming he isn’t already a vampire).
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/