Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default DC vs Vampires #3 Preview/Discussion

https://aiptcomics.com/2021/12/22/dc...vs-vampires-3/

Dang it Vampire Hal, playing it up to cover your own murders.

But I appreciate more Wonder Twin.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

Vampire Hal is so deliciously evil.

Oh I don't know, Hal. Who could have done this?

Jeez, Hal is so on the ball it kind of hurts that it's because he's behind it .

That art is gorgeous .

Look at us naming streets named after creators like we're in the Arrowverse .

(Man, Babs has it really hard for Dick in this).

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Vampire Hal is such a fun villain. I hope they stick the landing with this because it's been a delight thus far.

Ultimate Member

First rule of superhero detective...

"He who wails about it, did it."

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    First rule of superhero detective...

"He who wails about it, did it."
    Yeah, like, even knowing Barry was Hal's best friend it seems weird he'd be so on the ball like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, like, even knowing Barry was Hal's best friend it seems weird he'd be so on the ball like this.
    Yes, it seems becoming a vampire has given Hal the ability to delegate.

You know I hope with Barry dead and the vampires worried about turning speedsters if that means we will get vampire slayer Wally West (or I suppose Wallace, Bart, or Avery) If we can get Jayna focus then why not I say.
    Last edited by sifighter; 12-23-2021 at 06:19 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Parallax vibes makes this interesting
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Parallax vibes makes this interesting
    That’s why I’m enjoying it, too. The potential of Hal Jordan as a villain only really got tapped into during sporadically during his time as Parallax, mostly in that one issue of Guy Gardner where Hal beats the living crap outta all the heroes Alan Scott recruited to investigate what went down on Oa.

Unfortunately, because the circumstances of Hal’s decent into villainy were so rushed and ill-conceived from the get-go, we were stuck with the limp and dull “I just want to make everything right!” shtick ad naseum, which didn’t allow for any of the deliciously eeeeevil Hal stuff we’re getting here.

In retrospect, they should have just revealed that Hal was possessed by the Yellow Impurity right away, so the writers were more free to really lean into the villainy, rather than the half-hearted attempts to make him Magneto.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    In retrospect, they should have just revealed that Hal was possessed by the Yellow Impurity right away, so the writers were more free to really lean into the villainy, rather than the half-hearted attempts to make him Magneto.
    I think there are two issues - one being that they didn't want people to expect it to be undone in a few issues, which if he were possessed, readers would have expected as opposed to him becoming a villain.

Also, Parallax was so OP as opposed to vampire Hal that there's almost nowhere to go other than straight to the Big Battle. There was no room for fun machinations.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Yes, it seems becoming a vampire has given Hal the ability to delegate.
    Could it be that in this universe, Hal served as JLA Chairman.

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    Could it be that in this universe, Hal served as JLA Chairman.
    He really proved himself running the League's blood drive....I do not apologize for the jokes.
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I think there are two issues - one being that they didn't want people to expect it to be undone in a few issues, which if he were possessed, readers would have expected as opposed to him becoming a villain.

Also, Parallax was so OP as opposed to vampire Hal that there's almost nowhere to go other than straight to the Big Battle. There was no room for fun machinations.
    Oh, definitely. The moment they revealed that Parallax was the Yellow Impurity, it would have started the clock on when Hal became unpossessed. I think there's also a ticking clock on how long Vampire Hal can continue to remain effective. Thankfully, this isn't an ongoing series, so we know eventually, Ollie is going to shoot a wooden arrow through the chest of the demon who killed and possessed his best friend.

But, in regards to Parallax, they could have potentially done something similar to Vampire Hal there, too. Rather than immediately go God-tier in terms of his powers, they could have had the Parallaxed Hal causing the same mischief within the GLCorps before finally blowing up the Central Power Battery.

Granted, there's not much point in trying to rewrite a decades old story at this point.
    Last edited by Bored at 3:00AM; 12-26-2021 at 10:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    ... I think there's also a ticking clock on how long Vampire Hal can continue to remain effective. Thankfully, this isn't an ongoing series, so we know eventually, Ollie is going to shoot a wooden arrow through the chest of the demon who killed and possessed his best friend....
    Especially since we know Hal's not the Big Bad here. He'll likely be taken off the board before the Final Boss Battle.