Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    are we placing bets on who Wonder Woman is biting next issue?
    Definitely Superman, I don't doubt it for a sec.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

I finally got around to reading this and man. I usually think WW fans exaggerate about Dianas treatment in comics but that scene took the grand prize for stupidity. The lasso of truth might as well be called be called glowly rope thing because that's all it was in this issue.
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I finally got around to reading this and man. I usually think WW fans exaggerate about Dianas treatment in comics but that scene took the grand prize for stupidity. The lasso of truth might as well be called be called glowly rope thing because that's all it was in this issue.
    Well, Vampire Hal wasn’t lying about anything. Has Diana ever shown that she’s immune to hypnosis? Dr. Psycho has messed with her head a lot so she can be stopped with strong mental attacks.

Wouldn’t be surprised if Diana did indeed take out Superman. Her knocking out Kal would kind of be a consultation prize for WW fans.

I wonder if they would just straight up kill Superman instead of try to turn him.

I think Tynion should have saved Zee reveal for the scene where Wonder Woman gets taken out. Justice League Dark has been establishing a strong friendship between the two and having her double cross Diana and help Hal turn her would have been an emotional punch.

Plus Zatanna and Hal are powerful enough that Wonder Woman’s lose would seem more plausible
    Last edited by Robotman; 12-31-2021 at 05:14 PM.

I assume Harley’s stupidity inducing powers will be absent in the next issue, going off how Diana was treated here.

Wonder Woman writing so bad, I can only assume Tom Taylor ghost wrote this.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Well, Vampire Hal wasn’t lying about anything. Has Diana ever shown that she’s immune to hypnosis? Dr. Psycho has messed with her head a lot so she can be stopped with strong mental attacks.

Wouldn’t be surprised if Diana did indeed take out Superman. Her knocking out Kal would kind of be a consultation prize for WW fans.

I wonder if they would just straight up kill Superman instead of try to turn him.

I think Tynion should have saved Zee reveal for the scene where Wonder Woman gets taken out. Justice League Dark has been establishing a strong friendship between the two and having her double cross Diana and help Hal turn her would have been an emotional punch.

Plus Zatanna and Hal are powerful enough that Wonder Woman’s lose would seem more plausible
    I have no doubt that Hal was telling his truth but I think she'd at least be more resistant to hypnosis while holding the lasso. I'm not a huge feat guy so I don't how resistant she can be or how powerful Dr. Psycho is but the scene in this comic felt wrong. Even if it is suped up vampire/lantern hypnosis Wondy is no slouch either.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Not if the Lasso is in her hands, wrapped around her wrists as it was in this scene. There are plenty of examples in continuity and even out-of-continuity where the Lasso is basically the trump card defense against hypnosis, possession, and mind control.
    The stated reason Bruce Timm and co. nerfed the Lasso in the Justice League animated series was because they thought it would resolve conflicts too easily, so they took away its truth powers until the last season.

Vampire Hal's BS about how "hypnosis isn't lying" does not fly as a loophole. He's still invading her mind and trying to make her act in a way she normally wouldn't. That is precisely the type of thing the Lasso can and has repeatedly protected her against.

And even if that loophole did work, it's still insulting to Diana because the scene is played as a "gotcha" because she is totally caught off guard by the hypnosis...implying that Vampire Hal therefore knows and understands the Lasso's power better than Wonder Woman herself.
    This would be like her snatching the ring off his finger and doing feats with it that no Green Lantern has ever done.

And no, Vampire Diana taking out Superman is no consolation prize.

At the end of the day, if it wasn't already clear, DC vs. Vampires isn't a comic story. It's fan fiction. BAD fan fiction, where the writers' personal favorite/chosen heroes are the protagonists--in this case, the Bat family and Green Arrow--and every other character gets railroaded by the plot no matter how contrived, non-nonsensical, or outright dumb it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    At the end of the day, if it wasn't already clear, DC vs. Vampires isn't a comic story. It's fan fiction. BAD fan fiction, where the writers' personal favorite/chosen heroes are the protagonists--in this case, the Bat family and Green Arrow--and every other character gets railroaded by the plot no matter how contrived, non-nonsensical, or outright dumb it is.
    Have you never read a superhero comic before??

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Have you never read a superhero comic before??
    Yeah. And a lot of them--particularly team books and crossover events--suck for the exact reason I said.

They shouldn't have to though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I assume Harley’s stupidity inducing powers will be absent in the next issue, going off how Diana was treated here.

Wonder Woman writing so bad, I can only assume Tom Taylor ghost wrote this.
    Harley Quinn hasn’t appeared once in this run outside of a variant cover. Tynion and Rosenberg have focused on the Wonder Twins more then Harley
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

BANNED

A comic that brings together gods with normal humans, but treats gods as insects and humans as gods, what a novelty. As soon as you see powerful characters with weak ones, it is obvious that the powerful are going to be humiliated, because for a long time this class of characters have only been used to demonstrate how incredible the street levels are. but it is normal, if you write well to the characters at street level they are boring and without any interest, or is it that someone when reading a Batman comic sees a human.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Harley Quinn hasn’t appeared once in this run outside of a variant cover. Tynion and Rosenberg have focused on the Wonder Twins more then Harley
    Yeah, sure let's operate under the illusion a series written by Bat-fanboys where only the Bat-Family and fellow street-level billionaires like GA have come off good won't bring in clown lady.

But like I said, I hope things are fair and Harley will not have any of her stupidity inducing powers to defend herself given how WW and others have been treated.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Yeah, sure let's operate under the illusion a series written by Bat-fanboys where only the Bat-Family and fellow street-level billionaires like GA have come off good won't bring in clown lady.

But like I said, I hope things are fair and Harley will not have any of her stupidity inducing powers to defend herself given how WW and others have been treated.
    I’m not saying she won’t pop up, I’m just saying that she has no role has not been introduced, and we’ve got no idea if she’s a vampire or not. Because this is turning into a Invasion of the body Snatchers type “who can you trust” mystery, so if she does show up we don’t even know if she’s trust worthy until she’s tested.

I’m just saying that our only confirmed protagonists are Batman, his Bat-family, Green Arrow, Arsenal, Black Canary, and Jayna of the Wonder Twins.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

It's most likely that Harley is immune to vampire hypnotism. I wouldn't be surprised if she played a major role in defeating the vampire army.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    are we placing bets on who Wonder Woman is biting next issue?
    She will be one shotted by SM or a street leveler. And while that person is distracted somebody else will bite them. That feels more accurate with how ''powerful and important character'' WW is usually treated in DC.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    It's most likely that Harley is immune to vampire hypnotism. I wouldn't be surprised if she played a major role in defeating the vampire army.
    And the goddess with a history of resistence to mind control and a weapon that also negates it is an easy prey to that. Makes total sense. Sure, WW always attracks bad writing. What else is new? DC writers being bias against her, nothing new.