Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I liked this issue more than the previous ones, probably because it does advances the plot, has a few moments between Jason and the other members of the team, and you can see that Jason finally takes the initiative in his dynamic with the leading side of the organization. Art was sick, in the wider sense of the word: gorgeous, gory shoots, beautiful colours.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I wouldn't say it was completely meaningless. Jason made sure it was actually Bane he was talking to, not just a barely functioning corpse. That's why he kicked Bane off the building. And yes, Bane will most likely come back, but he now knows that unlike Bruce, Jason won't hesitate. Plus there's now trauma from dying again to be added.
    And this needed to be enforced, why? Jason's brand of justice has always been that and isn't like he just got to Gotham before the book started. And is not "most likely", is confirmed he's back in the next issues.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I wouldn't call it pointless since, I don't think, the point was to kill him at all. I feel like the point was to address the obvious elephant in the room by sending a message to Bane ("Just cause I tolerate you being on the team doesn't mean I forgot what you did").

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    I wouldn't call it pointless since, I don't think, the point was to kill him at all. I feel like the point was to address the obvious elephant in the room by sending a message to Bane ("Just cause I tolerate you being on the team doesn't mean I forgot what you did").
    It also was a way to show Jason's own contradictions and inner struggles. Which is a prominent serious point in the story overarch, I think. Probably. Maybe.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 12-29-2021 at 02:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    And the next time they give Bane a minor dosage he is going to forget everything, and there's literally nothing that Jason can threaten Bane with since the sisters will only bring him back again and again. To not mention that Jason is wasting one of his biggest assets over an emotional outburst, without Bane around, Cheshire would've wiped the floor with Jason.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    And the next time they give Bane a minor dosage he is going to forget everything, and there's literally nothing that Jason can threaten Bane with since the sisters will only bring him back again and again. To not mention that Jason is wasting one of his biggest assets over an emotional outburst, without Bane around, Cheshire would've wiped the floor with Jason.
    If Bane is indeed returning next issue, it just places Jason's actions as a childish tantrum, not the expected revenge for Alfred's death.

At this point it would have been better if he just decided that being a Zombie working for the government is a punishment worse than death.

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    If Bane is indeed returning next issue, it just places Jason's actions as a childish tantrum, not the expected revenge for Alfred's death.

At this point it would have been better if he just decided that being a Zombie working for the government is a punishment worse than death.
    This is literally the solicit and cover for issue #4

There's no way that Red Hood's team of zombie villains would ever turn on him. I mean, that's just math. There's no chance at all that trying to control a team that literally has zombie Bane on it will work out badly. So just stop it, don't even think that way...and even if that were the case, there's no way Mr. Freeze would return to kill everyone either, right?

My advice, based in personal experience, in case you would hear it (no one asked for it but...) is that you guys wait and see what actually happens in the end, and most importantly, how it happens.