Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Just wondering if you’d maybe had a stroke while typing your post, as the sentiment flip-flopped quicker than a pancake.
    Well keep wondering I guess, the hostility does nothing for the discussion.

I stated my views and stated ya'll are entitled to have yours. The stroke comment is uncalled for but im definitely going to take the higher ground and not take this thread where I could.

Extraordinary Member

“I’m not saying anyone’s a bigot, I’m just saying some of y’all would go to a bigoted rally in support of the bigots’ side”.

Ho-Kay then.
    The passive aggressiveness in that post is through the roof lol

Same vibes as a friend/co-worker of mine who told people it's okay if you eat meat but your body is a graveyard and you will never see heaven.

It's so easy to keep it to the first part w/out adding in the latter.

No offense to the person who made the post,Just pointing out what immediately came into my head when I read it
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 12-25-2021 at 01:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    Well keep wondering I guess, the hostility does nothing for the discussion.

I stated my views and stated ya'll are entitled to have yours. The stroke comment is uncalled for but im definitely going to take the higher ground and not take this thread where I could.
    And the comments about people attending bigot-rallies was uncalled for and hostile as well, but it seems my point was missed.

And the comments about people attending bigot-rallies was uncalled for and hostile as well, but it seems my point was missed.
    Your point was missed when you drummed up a stroke comment and you don't know who I am, my medical history or etc. I never called anyone or personally challenged them.

I, however, do know who'd be at a friends of humanity rally or protest lmaooo
    And there was no passive aggressiveness in my post lol. What member did I call out and attack? None.

If the Friends of hunanity rally comment riled you up that much then thats something YOU can work through. A hit dog will definitely holler.

Your point was missed when you drummed up a stroke comment and you don't know who I am, my medical history or etc. I never called anyone or personally challenged them.
    Nah, it was definitely before that.

However, if the stroke comment bothered you, I apologize.

I’d recommend looking up what “passive aggressive” means, though. I’m somewhat of an expert myself.

Thank you, Coconuts, appreciate that.

Its just if you all disagree with a comment or a post, there are more tactful ways to present your distaste lol.

However, if anybody in this thread felt attacked by my Friends Of Humanity comment..even when i wasnt attacking or calling out anyone in particular then i apologize that ya'll felt that way!

Now lets continue this fun discussion haha woo!
    Last edited by Stormultt Divine; 12-25-2021 at 01:37 AM.

Krakoa smells better than everywhere else.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Appreciate everyones honesty though, not calling anyone in here a bigot, definitely entitled to how you feel.

I, however, do know who'd be at a friends of humanity rally or protest lmaooo. Cause wow.
    You realize you are proving my exact point, right

Honestly my thing is what do people want. IT doesn't matter if the writers wrote some mutants not being for it because at the end of the day it would still be from the perspective of whatever story is wanted to be told. A lot of the complaints seem like things people want to personally see but it doesn't really add or take anything from the story other than they want to see it. Same with crucible, most have said okay, it is a tad barbaric but people keep bringing it up so for me personally it's like "okay so what are you keep bringing it up for." your not changing minds, people have conceded in most cases it is one of the weakest points of krakoa but what exactly is trying to be accomplished by repeatedly mentioning the same thing. It just comes off sounding like a hot topic and makes little sense to me beyond that. I don't get what the expectation is.

Or the fact that a few mutants say we are gods now, but far less than the amount of humans who hurt mutants and continue to do so so what does repeatedly brining up a handful of mutants do unless your blaming all mutants for a handful and if that's the case why is it any different than blaming all humans for the bad humans that greatly outnumber the bad mutants in canon.
    Last edited by jwatson; 12-25-2021 at 07:01 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

Something came to my mind, which i didn't thought of in my stupidly long post earlier and i don't want to bring up as argument for or against the Krakoa status quo, but more as something interestin to ponder about in terms of narrative presentation of "mutantkind" as a large collective of supposed to be predominantly low powered innoncent "civilian" mutant.

Considering one of the major points of the arguments made for Krakoa, which got presented in the initial post, is about the personal history and feelings of "common mutants", in wonder how many named common mutants (as in mutants who are not part of hero or villian teams or ready or willing to engage in combat, etc.) do we actualy have so far overall, how often did any of the appear more than once, how many of them actualy got proper characterization in the past, and how many of them have been giving voices and roles in the current status quo?

Because looking at the current output of series it feels like they got much less focus now than they did before and during Decimation, despite the entire point of Krakoa being to create a save haven and future for them.

Shouldn't it have been more important in Dawn of X to have a spiritual follow up to District X and NYX twice over than anything like what ever X-Corps was supposed to be?

It's not like those could do worse than any other X-men title currently.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Honestly my thing is what do people want. IT doesn't matter if the writers wrote some mutants not being for it because at the end of the day it would still be from the perspective of whatever story is wanted to be told. A lot of the complaints seem like things people want to personally see but it doesn't really add or take anything from the story other than they want to see it. Same with crucible, most have said okay, it is a tad barbaric but people keep bringing it up so for me personally it's like "okay so what are you keep bringing it up for." your not changing minds, people have conceded in most cases it is one of the weakest points of krakoa but what exactly is trying to be accomplished by repeatedly mentioning the same thing. It just comes off sounding like a hot topic and makes little sense to me beyond that. I don't get what the expectation is.

Or the fact that a few mutants say we are gods now, but far less than the amount of humans who hurt mutants and continue to do so so what does repeatedly brining up a handful of mutants do unless your blaming all mutants for a handful and if that's the case why is it any different than blaming all humans for the bad humans that greatly outnumber the bad mutants in canon.
    Crucible is brought up to rebuttal the long-term stay of Krakoa as it is today.The fact that all mutants we have ever read let crucible be a thing w/out seriously being against it(as in more than thinking it is morally grey, Kurt/Scott/etc. didn't do much if anything against it in terms of actions), or that all mutants/X-men are okay w/ the kind of mutants on the quiet council is OOC.There is no way around that.

So many X-men/mutants were against Utopia for going too far and Krakoa has left whatever Utopia ever did in the dust.

"humans who hurt mutants and continue to do"

And these characters are the ones we're rooting against, Henry Gyrich is clearly the bad guy.

The mutants saying they are gods are the protaganists, the ones who are a big part of Krakoa as of today.If they are the same as the human villains then why would we root for them.

No one is blaming all mutants, it's always been about the ones we've read about for decades acting so OOC.

Even generally heroic ones in this era like Scott who after being over Xavier is now back to taking commands from QC to the point of letting Sinister take his brother on his suicide team where he suffered immensely.

(I'm aware he did defy them later but Xavier and Mags couldn't keep their smilies to themselves which speaks volumes to how much they opposed his idea in the first place.)

All this is brought up when this discussion arises to say Krakoa as it is today isn't for the long form.Not that it shouldn't stay around if it evolves into something else.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Something came to my mind, which i didn't thought of in my stupidly long post earlier and i don't want to bring up as argument for or against the Krakoa status quo, but more as something interestin to ponder about in terms of narrative presentation of "mutantkind" as a large collective of supposed to be predominantly low powered innoncent "civilian" mutant.

Considering one of the major points of the arguments made for Krakoa, which got presented in the initial post, is about the personal history and feelings of "common mutants", in wonder how many named common mutants (as in mutants who are not part of hero or villian teams or ready or willing to engage in combat, etc.) do we actualy have so far overall, how often did any of the appear more than once, how many of them actualy got proper characterization in the past, and how many of them have been giving voices and roles in the current status quo?

Because looking at the current output of series it feels like they got much less focus now than they did before and during Decimation, despite the entire point of Krakoa being to create a save haven and future for them.

Shouldn't it have been more important in Dawn of X to have a spiritual follow up to District X and NYX twice over than anything like what ever X-Corps was supposed to be?

It's not like those could do worse than any other X-men title currently.
    Beak was one IIRC

But yeah for Krakoa being "all for the mutant masses" we have barely seen or heard from them.

I thought way of X was going to change that tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Beak was one IIRC

But yeah for Krakoa being "all for the mutant masses" we have barely seen or heard from them.

I thought way of X was going to change that tbh
    The X-books can barely handle giving the actual X-men page time, I doubt we'll be getting any random civilian mutants around anytime soon. At least I hope not. There's so many other characters who don't get any attention or focus I'd rather see get the spotlight.