Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    The stereotypical stuff is actually what I didn't like about the old outfit. The hair length, though, was pretty common among most men in the 70s. The new coloring is the worst aspect. Go back to the original colors -- and the new design could work long-term.
    The hair length in the case of John though was there because it was a prevalent image that people had of what NA looked like. I mean most NA characters created around the time have the same look, including Apache Chief in the Superfriends cartoon and later Spirit in Gi-Joe. As for the color choice, turquoise is an important color in Apache culture, which is why I think they went with it, although it definitely is clashing with the yellows there.
    Last edited by Technopriest; 01-09-2022 at 12:08 AM.

Astonishing Member

Turquoise should be an accent color, but I can see where it may clash with the classic red/blue-black color scheme. But the new design is overkill.

Obviously his origin has to be updated, as he can't be a Vietnam vet anymore. I imagine he now took part on the Sin-Cong conflict since that is the new stand in for Vietnam in the Marvel Universe (and I guess it applies to Forge as well). In his original appearance he was definitely suffering from PTSD, and I hope it will be explored going forward, as he hasn't had the years to deal with that like a character like Forge had.
    Last edited by Technopriest; 01-09-2022 at 03:47 PM.

I think I’m most cases more than 2-3 colors on a costume becomes to noisy. The turquoise and yellow alone may have worked better.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I think I’m most cases more than 2-3 colors on a costume becomes to noisy. The turquoise and yellow alone may have worked better.
    I don't dislike his new costume, but I feel it should be just turquoise and black, and they should just get rid of the yellow.

Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Glad he is getting some love...but that new suit looks hideous.
    I like his hair (envious) but I agree a thousand percent! I used to wear purple camos with long boot moccasins and that looks better granted not by much but better lol
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

I would love, as someone stated earlier, for them to focus on the 'older brother now is the younger brother' thing with Jimmy. But for some reason, I doubt the editors... I mean the writer won't even show the brothers together. Like why the hell wasn't Jimmy there at John's rebirth?!
    As for his new look, I bet it'll be tweaked when another artist handles him - like when he hopefully joins a team.

I think he, Changling and Mimic should be the new version of Factor 3 and they should be the Black Ops team. Yes I know this is the purpose of X-Force but think of it like Jenny Sparks 3 person Stormwatch team before Authority.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    I would love, as someone stated earlier, for them to focus on the 'older brother now is the younger brother' thing with Jimmy. But for some reason, I doubt the editors... I mean the writer won't even show the brothers together. Like why the hell wasn't Jimmy there at John's rebirth?!
    As for his new look, I bet it'll be tweaked when another artist handles him - like when he hopefully joins a team.
    I am sure that the writers and editors will keep John as the older brother even though it makes no sense now, just because it would be too complicated for them to handle, or they belive that John is older than he was when he died or some nonsense like that.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Just out of curiosity have we met John and Jimmy's parents? If not could the background for them be that their mother or her side of yhe family was part of a tribe associated with the Thunderbird? That could be an easier explanation or you could go way out of left field, make him z wrestling fan and mention that he was a fan of a small time wrestler using that name and just decided to use it. Or he figured the car was cool or something like that.

The Pine Barrens NJ in Summer & Winter & Salem Mass. in Spring & Autumn

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...en-thunderbird
    The world John Proudstar has returned to is completely different from the one he once knew. Looking to find refuge in the familiar, Thunderbird seeks out someone from his past at an Apache reservation…and uncovers a horrifying threat to the Indigenous mutant community. Will Thunderbird be able to save his people? Or will his justified rage lead him astray?

The issue will be written by Nyla Rose along with Steve Orlando with art by David Cutler.

You got to be kidding? Keep the original
    Beware of spies traveling through your multiverse especially if they wear a 4

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Just out of curiosity have we met John and Jimmy's parents? If not could the background for them be that their mother or her side of yhe family was part of a tribe associated with the Thunderbird? That could be an easier explanation or you could go way out of left field, make him z wrestling fan and mention that he was a fan of a small time wrestler using that name and just decided to use it. Or he figured the car was cool or something like that.
    Yes, in one of those X-Men Classics stories from Claremont and Bolton, and both were identified as Apache. Of course, that could always be retconned if editorial wanted to.