Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Amazing Spider-man 83 preview

https://monkeysfightingrobots.co/mar...spider-man-83/

And away we go

I'm excited for this, the art is on point.The explanation isn't one I'm a fan of but it'll do

DD's recent recovery was done so well and I'm afraid they won't get similar treatment.Most writers fail to realize Peter has been at this for a long LONG time and should be treated w/ the same respect as they do DD/Wolverine/Cap/etc.(Same w/ Ben's stories in Beyond)

I hope it's just me being a bit pessimistic and they show how much of a badass both Peter and Ben are by the time this is over

Also I don't know if they'll address this but Peter whipped up an Spider(/6th)-sense disruptor in a few minutes

spider sense going hayward wonder if it will lead to a power up
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

Hey! Gleason sure can write!

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    Hey! Gleason sure can write!
    Yeah, this looks incredible.

I've said it before, but Gleason could end up being to Spider-Man what Dan Jurgens is to Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    https://monkeysfightingrobots.co/mar...spider-man-83/

And away we go

I'm excited for this, the art is on point.The explanation isn't one I'm a fan of but it'll do

DD's recent recovery was done so well and I'm afraid they won't get similar treatment.Most writers fail to realize Peter has been at this for a long LONG time and should be treated w/ the same respect as they do DD/Wolverine/Cap/etc.(Same w/ Ben's stories in Beyond)
    Spidey being treated with respect is something Marvel struggles with .

I hope it's just me being a bit pessimistic and they show how much of a badass both Peter and Ben are by the time this is over
    Ben will definitely need something to compensate for some issues, I don't even care about the guy much, but some of the stuff he's going through is just embarassing, would be okay if he was someone recently cloned (As having Peter's memories doesn't exactly mean he knows how to fight, since experience is learned with practice), but he's been around for a while and looks like a chump lol.

Also I don't know if they'll address this but Peter whipped up an Spider(/6th)-sense disruptor in a few minutes
    When did that happen? Sounds like something that could've happened in Slott's run but I don't remember anything like that.

Even if they remember that, he's in a hospital and doesn't exactly have access to a lot of tech, unless his cellphone conveniently can do that, which, would be really pushing it lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    spider sense going hayward wonder if it will lead to a power up
    Or power down, he could always lose Spider-Sense again lol.

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Yeah, this looks incredible.

I've said it before, but Gleason could end up being to Spider-Man what Dan Jurgens is to Superman.
    W̶o̶n̶d̶e̶r̶ ̶w̶h̶o̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶e̶q̶u̶i̶v̶a̶l̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶M̶o̶n̶g̶u̶l̶,̶ ̶y̶'̶k̶n̶o̶w̶,̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶d̶e̶s̶i̶g̶n̶a̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶j̶o̶b̶b̶e̶r̶.̶

But yeah, from the preview, this looks cool, I particularly like the panel with the spider coming out of his head.

I thought the "Spider-Sense is warning me of the danger inside" would've been dropped as soon as he left the coma, good thing it's not the case, wonder if it'll lead somewhere interesting though.

"At least nurse MJ makes house calls."

Good to know .
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

May's been in the hospital so much she probably knows tons of nurses and doctors by name.

Felicia and MJ trying to one-up each other in who can get Peter hornier while in his sickbed .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    May's been in the hospital so much she probably knows tons of nurses and doctors by name.

Felicia and MJ trying to one-up each other in who can get Peter hornier while in his sickbed .
    Well they already used words, and y'know what they say is worth more than words .

Wow, Felicia flirting with Peter after watching him in the same space as MJ. This is pretty fun. LOL XD

Astonishing Member

Looks good! Always refreshing to see an artist who can also write. I was a bit worried, but this looks decent.

As far as Gleason, he did a great job writing Damian Wayne's short-lived solo book.

Astonishing Member

Gleason is great but his chins are pretty inconsistent (another coincidence with Jurgens)

A silly complaint, I know, but it really bugs me for some reason.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Spidey being treated with respect is something Marvel struggles with .

Ben will definitely need something to compensate for some issues, I don't even care about the guy much, but some of the stuff he's going through is just embarassing, would be okay if he was someone recently cloned (As having Peter's memories doesn't exactly mean he knows how to fight, since experience is learned with practice), but he's been around for a while and looks like a chump lol.

When did that happen? Sounds like something that could've happened in Slott's run but I don't remember anything like that.

Even if they remember that, he's in a hospital and doesn't exactly have access to a lot of tech, unless his cellphone conveniently can do that, which, would be really pushing it lol.

Or power down, he could always lose Spider-Sense again lol.

W̶o̶n̶d̶e̶r̶ ̶w̶h̶o̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶e̶q̶u̶i̶v̶a̶l̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶M̶o̶n̶g̶u̶l̶,̶ ̶y̶'̶k̶n̶o̶w̶,̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶d̶e̶s̶i̶g̶n̶a̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶j̶o̶b̶b̶e̶r̶.̶

But yeah, from the preview, this looks cool, I particularly like the panel with the spider coming out of his head.

I thought the "Spider-Sense is warning me of the danger inside" would've been dropped as soon as he left the coma, good thing it's not the case, wonder if it'll lead somewhere interesting though.

"At least nurse MJ makes house calls."

Good to know .
    If you're wondering about the spider-sense jammer, that happened in Revenge of the Spider-Slayers, the second arc of Dan Slott's run as the sole writer on Amazing Spider-Man. Alistair Smythe came back with new and improved Spider-Slayers, the improvement being that they were humans enhanced with Spider-Slayer tech that included simulated spider-senses, so to negate that advantage, Peter came up with and built a jammer that would disrupt what the third Spider-Verse volume would later refer to as their "arachno-frequency," though he had to use it while he was in the jammer's radius himself, negating his own spider-sense as well. The spider-sense jammers would reappear in Spider-Island, where they were used to barricade the Queen and her spider-powered pawns, who would eventually mutate into spiderlike monsters, and keep them from spreading outside Manhattan.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Fantastic Member Crazyspideyfan's Avatar

Gleason is quickly becoming my new favorite artist on ASM, his style fits Spidey so well. Also love the way he draws Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    If you're wondering about the spider-sense jammer, that happened in Revenge of the Spider-Slayers, the second arc of Dan Slott's run as the sole writer on Amazing Spider-Man. Alistair Smythe came back with new and improved Spider-Slayers, the improvement being that they were humans enhanced with Spider-Slayer tech that included simulated spider-senses, so to negate that advantage, Peter came up with and built a jammer that would disrupt what the third Spider-Verse volume would later refer to as their "arachno-frequency," though he had to use it while he was in the jammer's radius himself, negating his own spider-sense as well. The spider-sense jammers would reappear in Spider-Island, where they were used to barricade the Queen and her spider-powered pawns, who would eventually mutate into spiderlike monsters, and keep them from spreading outside Manhattan.
    Ah, so that's where the jammers came from, I kinda skipped over the details with Spider-Slayer's return, so I assumed Smythe was the one who came up with it.

Funny I was right about suspecting Slott came up with Spidey building something like that even when I was thinking he didn't do it lol.

Anyways, from what I'm checking out here, one of the last times the jammer was used was right before Superior, in ASM#795~797, and that was the size of a car engine, not something he can build in a hospital that easily.

Spectacular Member

When I see Gleason's art I already like the issue. Same as Bagley (my love ). Hope this Beyond arc will get better (I'm honestly bored as of now) and I think Peter getting back is a good way to do so.