Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spectacular Member SavageJudgeDredd's Avatar

Question Who has gotten busy in the Krakoan era? (Romancing?)

Just curious, hopefully not too taboo, just wondering what characters have seen some action since House of X/Powers of X? At times in Hickman's book it was considered that relationship and romance stuff was on the backburner, while he does a seemingly more distant and big issues kind of book. Though there was that rumored thing of Wolverine / Cyclops / Jean due to that picture of adjoining rooms or whatever. At least we know Gambit and Rogue have a relationship, though I don't know how much page time it gets. And I hear Bobby has some romance possibly?

But my question is, what major characters have actually had relationships or romantic encounters during this era in the book? That we know of? Back in the day the book was renowned for its relationships and soap opera-esque stuff, just curious if anything happens like that. Though I also like focus on personal lives in superhero comics in general.

For example, I was wondering about what Betsy's personality is like in Exalibur, it seems she's doing the stoic warrior thing as usual. Does she have a romance? Does anybody, other than Jean/Scott and Gambit/Rogue? I know it doesn't seem to be a key reason to read the books currently, but wonder what we have going on.

Astonishing Member

Scott/Jean/Wolverine, with Emma possibly in the mix too.

Rogue and Gambit are married, which happened pre-Krakoa. Same with Northstar and his husband Kyle, and Multiple Man and Layla Miller.

Rictor and Apocalypse are implied to have had a relationship, but no has explicitly come out and confirmed it as of yet. Rictor and Shatterstar have since gotten back together again.

Iceman has some sort of relationship with Christian Frost, but it is not necessarily exclusive since we've seen Bobby kissing other guys, and there were also some suggestions that Christian might also have something going on with Shinobi Shaw.

Mystique/Destiny.

Colossus and a woman named Kayla.

Stinger and Omerta have had a baby together.

Loa and Mercury hooked up, but it didn't work out.

Wolverine (Laura) and a relationship with Synch, but she's forgotten it after one of her resurrections.

Prodigy is dating Speed of the Young Avengers, but that relationship started pre-Krakoa.

Aurora and Daken have started dating.

Doug Ramsey got married to Bei, a mutant from Arakko.

Its been suggested that there have been various other hook-ups happening off-panel, with a bit of a 'free love' vibe going in Krakoa, but I think those are the ones that have been confirmed or strongly implied on-panel.

Lessee...

Mystique just brought Destiny back, and they're confirmed as a couple.
    Northstar and Kyle are still married.
    Brian and Meggan are still married.
    Prodigy and Speed are officially together.
    Daken and Aurora started a romance.
    Synch and Wolverine/Laura had a romance in The Vault, but he's the only one who remembers the details.
    Julio and Shatterstar are back together.
    Colossus had a new girlfriend for about fifteen seconds, but then he killed her.
    Karma has an almost-entirely-off-panel girlfriend now.
    Cypher is married to one of Poccy's descendants.
    QQ was romancing one of the Cuckoos, but she broke it off.
    Greycrow and Kwannon have a very interesting thing going.
    Maddie Pryor has been brought back and Havok is very into her.
    Rachel and Betsy have been getting very friendly, but there's nothing confirmed there.
    Death is making puppy eyes at Storm, but that seems to be one sided.
    Bobby and Christian seem to have a FWB thing going.
    There are hints that Jean and Scott have an open relationship that includes Wolverine and Emma, but it hasn't progressed to full on text.

And I'm still probably missing some folks. XD

Cool, that's interesting to hear. Has the Wolverine/Scott/Jean thing been confirmed on page, other than just the adjoining rooms map thing? What are the examples for that one? Any dialogue?

And also, I mean other than characters just having a status of being in a relationship as their backstory, do we see any romantic content with any of these characters? I remember I heard Scott and Jean had one kiss during X of Swords or something, and it was notable since it may be their only on page kiss in this whole era so far etc. Or even just characters happening to be waking up in bed together for example, like in 1960s movie rules.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SavageJudgeDredd View Post
    Cool, that's interesting to hear. Has the Wolverine/Scott/Jean thing been confirmed on page, other than just the adjoining rooms map thing? What are the examples for that one? Any dialogue?

And also, I mean other than characters just having a status of being in a relationship as their backstory, do we see any romantic content with any of these characters? I remember I heard Scott and Jean had one kiss during X of Swords or something, and it was notable since it may be their only on page kiss in this whole era so far etc. Or even just characters happening to be waking up in bed together for example, like in 1960s movie rules.
    I mean Jean and Wolvie definitely got down and busy in X-Force and it was certainly hinted at that Scott and Emma are still knocking boots.

Didn't Apocalypse get his first love interest in the form of a Wife? There's also Northstar and his husband. Cable and one of the cuckos.

Right on, I hadn't kept X-Force on my to-read list, since it didn't seem Percy's books were quite my thing. But seeing the articles on it, I see what you mean there!

How about Kitty Pryde and the Marauders crew, any romance over there? I notice their absence on these lists. That book is high on my to-read list anyway. She was such a romantic back in the day. Also since X-Force didn't seem my style, I've heard it's been dark times for Colossus! Hope things go better for him in the future, that's a dude with a big heart.

No Nightcrawler? In the 80s run he expressed being lonely and whatnot, you'd think somebody would give Nightcrawler some love one of these days. I'm just looking out for these heroes! Destiny of X surely needs a lot more romance in the mix. When Hickman is away, the X-Men will play! Just an idea.
    Last edited by SavageJudgeDredd; 12-24-2021 at 01:39 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Right on, I hadn't kept X-Force on my to-read list, since it didn't seem Percy's books were quite my thing. But seeing the articles on it, I see what you mean there!

How about Kitty Pryde and the Marauders crew, any romance over there? I notice their absence on these lists. That book is high on my to-read list anyway. She was such a romantic back in the day. Also since X-Force didn't seem my style, I've heard it's been dark times for Colossus! Hope things go better for him in the future, that's a dude with a big heart.

No Nightcrawler? In the 80s run he expressed being lonely and whatnot, you'd think somebody would give Nightcrawler some love one of these days. I'm just looking out for these heroes! Destiny of X surely needs a lot more romance in the mix. When Hickman is away, the X-Men will play! Just an idea.
    Kitty did kiss a girl so I think that confirmed she's Bi in canon but no romance as of yet

Emma did say she and Kitty were to busy for that

They have an annual, surely there's enough time for a hot springs episode or something! Again, strictly saying this out of concern for the well-being and morale of the team. I know there's a new writer coming on, maybe they'll mix things up. Jokes aside, I really just want the characters to have some personal life on page, not just the latest mission.

In some other comics runs that's usually one of the things I find that gives extra heart to the whole thing.

Jean and Scott also kissed in X-Men #1 (2021) and were depicted sleeping together in X-Men #4 (2021). As for the alluded to “throuple,” I think it was something Hickman and co. considered exploring but have since abandoned.

That's encouraging! I gotta catch up on the books.

Just curious, hopefully not too taboo, just wondering what characters have seen some action since House of X/Powers of X? At times in Hickman's book it was considered that relationship and romance stuff was on the backburner, while he does a seemingly more distant and big issues kind of book. Though there was that rumored thing of Wolverine / Cyclops / Jean due to that picture of adjoining rooms or whatever. At least we know Gambit and Rogue have a relationship, though I don't know how much page time it gets. And I hear Bobby has some romance possibly?

But my question is, what major characters have actually had relationships or romantic encounters during this era in the book? That we know of? Back in the day the book was renowned for its relationships and soap opera-esque stuff, just curious if anything happens like that. Though I also like focus on personal lives in superhero comics in general.

For example, I was wondering about what Betsy's personality is like in Exalibur, it seems she's doing the stoic warrior thing as usual. Does she have a romance? Does anybody, other than Jean/Scott and Gambit/Rogue? I know it doesn't seem to be a key reason to read the books currently, but wonder what we have going on.
    In Excalibur nothing really happened if we follow the criteria that it should happen on page. Things are hinted or alluded but nothing much concrete yet. Perhaps Knights of X will follow up on Rachel&Betsy now that Rachel has joined the team. I would say it’s a strong possibility. Whatever that is worth.

Rogue and Gambit was on Excalibur together for half the run. We got perhaps on or two scenes with embraces. Overall their relationship wasn’t ignored neither was it explored. It’s not a comic that spends time exploring the team.

Good to know! Hopefully Gambit shows up more often in Duggan's X-Men title. Really, I'd just love to see him join the team with Rogue there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Loa and Mercury hooked up, but it didn't work out.
    They decided to start over after Onslaught was gone and the end of the issue showed them on another date at Stacy's hookup-place.

MercuryLoaOR1.jpg

We've also seen Bling! and Mercury make out in X-Factor, and while their relationship started before the current era, it was nice to see it progress from holding hands to being made explicit.

Here's hoping Cessily gets to add more lovers to her polycule in the next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Kitty did kiss a girl so I think that confirmed she's Bi in canon but no romance as of yet
    Did they? I'm still worried they'll wave it off as a "I was drunk, just got resurrected, and got a bad tatoo!" moment, especially because there's been no follow-up after almost a year and a half. Marvel didn't even include her in their Pride book or promotional materials and they usually soak up as many representation points as possible.
    Last edited by Kingdom X; 12-24-2021 at 06:59 AM.

Spectacular Member Solitaryhawk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Rictor and Apocalypse are implied to have had a relationship, but no has explicitly come out and confirmed it as of yet.
    I emphatically and categorically call BS on that observation unless "He listened" is some Krakoan-equivalent slang on par with "Netflix and chill".

Anyone who saw something intimate in their *cough* friendship is deceiving themselves. •╣Å╠• is an immortal and Rictor (bless his heart) is a mere infant in comparison. Ric was also just a tool that the villain manipulated to further his own agenda. Any perceived intimacy between the pair was contrived nonsense that fell short of any impact because Tini Howard appears incapable of directing active character development on-panel. If anyone is actively shipping these two together; Just stop. Seriously.