Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Good for you! I'm in the process of trimming my own collection, so I know it can be hard. I feel like I'm parting with my paper and ink children!

And $300 cash for 3 long boxes?! You must have had some high-grade key issues in there. My local shops would probably give me $50 cash or $75 store credit for that many books!
    well my Brubaker Cap had first Winter Soldier, and Slott Surfer had the Marvel point one that had first Kamala Khan. and I turn in my entire Ultimate Spider-man which I had all except for first Miles. I figure, Ultimate spider-man omnibus vol 2 is coming out so eventually the entire Ultimate Spidey will be in omnibus form.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    well my Brubaker Cap had first Winter Soldier, and Slott Surfer had the Marvel point one that had first Kamala Khan. and I turn in my entire Ultimate Spider-man which I had all except for first Miles. I figure, Ultimate spider-man omnibus vol 2 is coming out so eventually the entire Ultimate Spidey will be in omnibus form.
    I might do the same with Hickman Fantastic Four and Avengers especially since I own the FF Hickman omnibus and the Hickman Avengers Omnibus is getting rereleased later this year and next.

When I started collecting Trades & Hardcovers I told myself I was only going to buy the bare minimum, collected editions of stories I grew up with, but that quickly went haywire! I started off buying things like classic Batman, but that grew to N52 Batman to 90's Batman, to Joker, Justice League, Teen Titans, DC Golden & Silver Age collections of Superman, Flash, GL, WW, etc., at least with Marvel I was staying on track, mainly sticking with the Epic Collections of just the more classic runs of X-Men, FF & AMS. But I now have quite a few shelves full of books that are taking up too much space! I moved 4 months ago and did give some away to a friend, but not enough. I finally stopped buying altogether after I moved, but there are a couple of Epics I want to get when they come out. For the most part I have broken my OCD cycle of buying. What finally broke my cycle of buying was moving to a smaller place and realizing I no longer have the extra room for hoarding books.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    When I started collecting Trades & Hardcovers I told myself I was only going to buy the bare minimum, collected editions of stories I grew up with, but that quickly went haywire! I started off buying things like classic Batman, but that grew to N52 Batman to 90's Batman, to Joker, Justice League, Teen Titans, DC Golden & Silver Age collections of Superman, Flash, GL, WW, etc., at least with Marvel I was staying on track, mainly sticking with the Epic Collections of just the more classic runs of X-Men, FF & AMS. But I now have quite a few shelves full of books that are taking up too much space! I moved 4 months ago and did give some away to a friend, but not enough. I finally stopped buying altogether after I moved, but there are a couple of Epics I want to get when they come out. For the most part I have broken my OCD cycle of buying. What finally broke my cycle of buying was moving to a smaller place and realizing I no longer have the extra room for hoarding books.
    True I kinda went on that with Hardcovers and Manga, I restrict only hardcovers for DC and Marvel, and well manga, I get mangas only I been collecting. Series I been invested and I loved the artwork. However I did use the excuse that my cat scratched most of my Tokyo Ghoul and turn it in for store credit, and despite having 2 longboxes ready to turn in, I still have about 18 longboxes on my closet, Im aware that I'm not going to live in my current house forever as my parents are in their 70s.

Astonishing Member

I'm thinking of turning in a another box with Jason Aaron Thor, I could get a good chuck of change for the first Gor and Jane Foster Thor. I might as well since I got the first half in Omnibus form and I know Marvel is gonna release another volume, maybe even add the Planet Hulk and World War Hulk as I already have them in Omni form. Lets see, I don't know when I'm going to Tates again as I rely on my friends to take me there since no way I'm driving there as I'm too scare to drive far and in highways.

Astonishing Member

Here's a update to what I'm doing now. I just turn in 6 longboxes containing complete runs mostly that will be collected in omnibus form(like Morrison Batman or Tomasi Batman Robin) or that I can depart with. and was about to get around 500. My dad retired and well despite us being well off, I been cutting my spending. I was able to save some and well I unfortunately haven't been buying anything the past few months besides a hiccup where I went on a spending spree when my parents went to Colombia for 2 weeks. I basically was busy rationalizing which runs to get, like, turn in all of BND day and most of Big Time Spidey since well I'm more inclined to be more into older comics. I turn in all of Aaron's Thor while still keeping 80s Walter Simonson stuff or turning in all of Al Ewing and Greg Pak Hulk but I don't think i would depart with my 80s/90s PAD Hulk. I probably wont make another trip til my birthday, maybe turn in another 3 boxes. Maybe I will work on the x-titles, not sure. I know I wont turn in my Claremont 80s/90s Mutant titles as well as the post Claremont 90s stuff. Lets see, it does feel pretty good to see my 20 or so boxes on my closest reduced to only 14. Maybe by my birthday I reduce to 10 who knows. I keeping the older 80s 90s comics due to well being part of my childhood. and I love the ads and trips to memory lane. Im too much of a nostalgia junkie even if I'm aware every time period has its problems and we made so much progression today from now.
    Last edited by Rzerox21xx; 09-22-2022 at 10:49 AM.

Astonishing Member

Well, I decide to take some steps for the sake of my mental health as current world events with Russia, this country divided, things looking bleak. I'm going to start going to church on Sunday even if I been skeptical and suspicious with the exposure of a lot of churches being cult-like with Trumpism and the alt-right. I'm going after recommended by one of few friends whom don't fall for that mindset here in South FL. I'm also going see a therapist even if I can only afford a monthly session. I need this, to deal with my bad habits, improve my quality of life like exercise and doing more. being wiser with my money, have better relationships outside few friends. Hope can goes well, I also turn in more long boxes for cash(just modern runs as Im keep 80s 90s comics like Claremont X-MEN, PAD Hulk, Simonson Thor, JMS Spectacular, Stern Amazing), found someone who buys comics so I don't have to rely on my right-leaning friends to drive me to another county to comic store. I'll still hang out and be friends with those friends but I need more positive relationships.