Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Astonishing Member

Default Anyone Struggle with Comic Collecting addiction that can be bad?

I do and well I can tell you I have struggling with a addiction with spending money on comics and anime which I should always save save save ........ brought majority of 90s clone saga Spidey and even some Big Time, superior, and Spiderverse. I also completed most of 80s 90s X-MEN. My parents been encouraging me to save and save and I don't do it, when I do earn money I blow it all away on comics and anime stuff. yeah I blew about half of my savings. Its a recurring problem. and brought new bags boards for those books so it would be nice clean and in order since Im obsessive compulsive. Ususally its triggered when I'm overcome with nostalgia for a simpler time of my childhood, and I wanted to buy things from that era. mostly the 90s
    especially while listening to 90s music that includes the likes of Eurodance, Video game music, and even songs that I never liked before but now appreciate now after watching more 90s documentaries and movies. like Greenday Basket Case or Weezer Bolly Holly. Watching Kevin Smith movies starting from Clerks and when I reached Mallrats, thats when I started going to comiccollectorlive, atomicavenue, mercari and ebay. Its a unhealthy habit, I have no self control or disciplined, I just need advice, the damaged the already been done, Im gonna set the goal starting to from now to the end of the new year, no more online orders, just spend money on essential like food, pet food, gas. It happened 2 years ago when I would watched comic video essays from the likes Owen likes Comics, Matt Draper, Every Kind of Geek, ect, and I would get really into a run like Ed Brubaker Captain America and buy the whole thing. Currently I'm tryng to say NO!!! to buying Matt Fraction Iron-man Run after watching Every Kind Geek well done video on it. I have to learn from Spidey to be more responsible especially with my finances, I'm thankful for my parents and how I live with them during these hard times but they are getting older and I also have 7 cats to take care of.
    Last edited by Rzerox21xx; 12-25-2021 at 03:22 PM.