Page 11 of 116 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Yeah, I’m kind of hoping they aren’t. Especially Ewing’s X-men Red since his SWORD run suffered by being derailed by several events. Would be nice if they just left that one alone so he could tell his tale, which I believe will be epic if they do.

X-Force, on the other hand, might actually benefit from being involved. Just because some other writers would get to write the characters.
    Exactly...

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Oooh thank god it's a QC problem aka immortals and Gillen has already stated whom his highlight Charachters are. Mags and storm would be safe away from this event.

Kate and Kurt too. The rest would have to deal. I wish luck to Emma and exodus may they eat in this event.

well it might bolster interesting in the other two franchises for a little while.....but not to interested personally.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

the X-Men are back to being genocided by another race of beings.

that did not take long, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    the X-Men are back to being genocided by another race of beings.

that did not take long, huh?
    I mean, Knights of X is all about the mutants of Otherworld getting genocided, so...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Idk if they were ever called Deviants but, they are pretty similar to deviants tbh
    They definitely have similarities and somewhat linked origins, but the key difference however is fundamental to the whole Eternal vs Deviants war. The Eternals, 'good' and 'bad' alike, are essentially PROGRAMMED to annihilate Deviants they're near whether they like it or not, once a Deviant undergoes something they call the Great Change, which is like, a genetic devolution into a mindless monster that's a danger to everyone around it. I mean, personal feelings on the concept aside, Gillen's current Eternals run has VERY clearly established this as a core facet of the endless Eternals vs Deviants war and why its so seemingly impossible to end. Like, half the focus of the current Eternals book is dedicated to the fact that a lot of the Eternals don't even WANT to take part in this conflict and fully believe its fucked up, and plenty have interpersonal relationships with many Deviants....up until the point when a Deviant undergoes the Change through no fault or desire of their own, at which point the Eternals' fucked up homicide programming 'takes over' even if that Eternal and Deviant up until that point had been lovers.

So a cornerstone of the modern Eternals vs Deviants war is its not even ideological, its a result of both species - both of whom were created as experiments by the Celestials - deliberately being wired that way. And the thing is....there's literally just no comparison with mutants, so I can't imagine the Druig quote is attempting to be anything other than metaphorical about the connection/parallel between Deviants and mutants. When a mutant manifests their power, even if its hugely destructive, there's still no angle from which its the same thing as what happens to the Deviants when they Change, as the destruction is incidentally born of their power and NOT the result of the mutant undergoing a sudden personality or mental change, which is explicitly what happens with Deviants. And thus similarly this is why a mutant manifestation has never been shown triggering an Eternals murderswitch.

Personally I think its more likely Druig is attempting to manipulate Avengers and Eternals into a war against a mutant threat, either on Thanos' orders or in service to his own machinations, either would make sense, but if they do introduce a retcon about Deviants and mutants into here and try and rope mutants into the whole fucked up 'biologically mandated genocide' trope of the Eternals vs Deviants, I'm sooooooo not gonna be a fan, because that is the absolute last thing any of these franchises needs IMO.
    Last edited by BobbysWorld; 01-28-2022 at 04:36 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    I mean, Knights of X is all about the mutants of Otherworld getting genocided, so...
    To which the question is, what mutants?

We know of less than a dozen living in Otherworld, most of whom (Mercator, Jaspers, Jamie, Pestilence & Famine) are nobility

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    To which the question is, what mutants?

We know of less than a dozen living in Otherworld, most of whom (Mercator, Jaspers, Jamie, Pestilence & Famine) are nobility
    Didn't one of the data pages say something like 1500 mutants live in Otherworld now or something?

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    this is 100% how they are going to introduce the mutants to the MCU

link mutantdom to the deviants

corporate synergy!

I don't know quite how to feel about the concept of the story, but the online reactions for the following months will be hilarious for sure.

Astonishing Member

Oh god they are literally going to **** over both groups at once…or in the most likely scenario just screw over the Eternals for this.

Sinister did desecrate the Dreaming Celestial that one time. I can see why they would be upset.

Any how at least the X-Men aren't going extinct this time...only thing is if the reverse ninja law applies the X-men with more numbers are gonna get jobbed

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    this is 100% how they are going to introduce the mutants to the MCU

link mutantdom to the deviants

corporate synergy!
    I hope you’re wrong. Eternals was pretty weak. Unfortunately you have a solid theory.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

So Mutants are Deviants. That might be a little simple but the literal wording and meaning together just sounds weird to me. I mean i get it's not the intent, you know what nevermind.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/