Page 76 of 116 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1731
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    Those Hex kaiju designs look amazing.

Here's hoping we get Mecha-Danger to fight them.

YouHex kaiju designs? What the heck?!? Oh,you mean those Neon Genesis Evangelion Angel rip-offs.......
    Last edited by rcaguy; 06-19-2022 at 12:42 PM.

Astonishing Member

I understand people's logistical/narrative frustration with the protocols, though I still think that's a problem with execution and how they're being used rather than a problem with the concept or reason for it - but even though I definitely agree they'll be done away with at SOME point, I'll be pretty ticked if this event is what does it.

Like sorry not sorry, but given that the in-universe explanation for devising the protocols in the first place wasn't mutants just making themselves immortal for the hell of it, but specifically emphasized using them to bring back the millions of mutants lost in various mass murders.....

It'll be hugely tone deaf, IMO, to have them conclude yet ANOTHER attempted mass genocide of mutants specifically, with some form of 'and now the mutants are going to stop using resurrection to appease everyone who doesn't like it as they agree they just shouldn't have it if everyone can't have it.'

Like, by all means get rid of the protocols if you think they've outlived their usefulness or purpose, but don't do it THAT way, of all ways.

(Plus, I do think some people are just projecting what they WANT to happen in terms of that particular outcome, rather than because the protocols are going away just yet. I mean, Gillen is indisputably the architect of this event, which will conclude within a few months, even with the delays, and it seems like a huge oversight to create an event that does away with mutant immortality at the exact same time they launched his solo title with the literal title IMMORTAL X-Men - knowing even as they did so, that the title wouldn't even be accurate all the way through the first YEAR of his run. Just....feels a bit unlikely, is all I'm saying).

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    So, does anyone have any predictions on what will happen after this Event?

Do y’all the Mutants will be more edgy and pissy now? Or they move to Arakko?
    I don't know but the one thing I want to come from it is an Avengers, X-Men and Eternals Unity Team

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    That’s fair. But Cable is the OG of dying in X-men events. For sure.
    Don't slander Warlock's name like this.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    I understand people's logistical/narrative frustration with the protocols, though I still think that's a problem with execution and how they're being used rather than a problem with the concept or reason for it - but even though I definitely agree they'll be done away with at SOME point, I'll be pretty ticked if this event is what does it.

Like sorry not sorry, but given that the in-universe explanation for devising the protocols in the first place wasn't mutants just making themselves immortal for the hell of it, but specifically emphasized using them to bring back the millions of mutants lost in various mass murders.....

It'll be hugely tone deaf, IMO, to have them conclude yet ANOTHER attempted mass genocide of mutants specifically, with some form of 'and now the mutants are going to stop using resurrection to appease everyone who doesn't like it as they agree they just shouldn't have it if everyone can't have it.'

Like, by all means get rid of the protocols if you think they've outlived their usefulness or purpose, but don't do it THAT way, of all ways.

(Plus, I do think some people are just projecting what they WANT to happen in terms of that particular outcome, rather than because the protocols are going away just yet. I mean, Gillen is indisputably the architect of this event, which will conclude within a few months, even with the delays, and it seems like a huge oversight to create an event that does away with mutant immortality at the exact same time they launched his solo title with the literal title IMMORTAL X-Men - knowing even as they did so, that the title wouldn't even be accurate all the way through the first YEAR of his run. Just....feels a bit unlikely, is all I'm saying).
    Oh no that’s a terrible way to get rid of them. I think the protocols are going away if for no other reason to avoid the frigging hoops being made by writer’s to try and inject death as a stake back in the stories, like in the recent Knights of X, where it’s looking like we have a loop of

A) Mutants can be brought back by the protocols
    B) But not if they die in the Otherworld, they instead become a different person!
    C) But it looks like there’s a backdoor planned by Apocalypse using the Siege Perilous!
    D) But the Siege Perilous also brings people back as different people!
    E) But in the past this was literally ignored by the writer who came up with this plot device and it just gave theX-men who went through temporary amnesia.

I don’t even necessarily want the protocols gone. There’s plenty of story ideas you can build around them, to be sure, but it feels like a lot of the authors really don’t want to. The closest book that we got with addressing what it would be like in a society without death was Way of X, which got mixed reviews on here it felt like at the time with people saying it invented social issues for Krakoa to have that shouldn’t exist (PersonallyI disagree but whatever), and X-Force which had Quentin’s struggles with being killed so many times, Domino’s fears about missing memory, people using still living husks of thought-dead X-force members as weapon. Actually not sure how the squares with the entire soul thing.

But yeah, I fully expect the resurrection process to be disrupted by something else instead. Probably a Celestial

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    Oh no that’s a terrible way to get rid of them. I think the protocols are going away if for no other reason to avoid the frigging hoops being made by writer’s to try and inject death as a stake back in the stories, like in the recent Knights of X, where it’s looking like we have a loop of

A) Mutants can be brought back by the protocols
    B) But not if they die in the Otherworld, they instead become a different person!
    C) But it looks like there’s a backdoor planned by Apocalypse using the Siege Perilous!
    D) But the Siege Perilous also brings people back as different people!
    E) But in the past this was literally ignored by the writer who came up with this plot device and it just gave theX-men who went through temporary amnesia.

I don’t even necessarily want the protocols gone. There’s plenty of story ideas you can build around them, to be sure, but it feels like a lot of the authors really don’t want to. The closest book that we got with addressing what it would be like in a society without death was Way of X, which got mixed reviews on here it felt like at the time with people saying it invented social issues for Krakoa to have that shouldn’t exist (PersonallyI disagree but whatever), and X-Force which had Quentin’s struggles with being killed so many times, Domino’s fears about missing memory, people using still living husks of thought-dead X-force members as weapon. Actually not sure how the squares with the entire soul thing.

But yeah, I fully expect the resurrection process to be disrupted by something else instead. Probably a Celestial
    Tbh, this is exactly my issue with getting rid of the protocols at this point and why I hope they're not going that route yet. They DID hype up the idea of how does being immortal potentially shape a society, but except for Way of X, they really haven't done anything with that yet. Mostly the protocols have been used in a purely superhero fashion, to bring back people after dying in superhero fights, and there's been no real attempt at culture-building outside of Spurrier's, and like....he's hit or miss for me. I tend to like his IDEAS, but find his execution lacking? But like, yeah that's where I'm at right now. I know they won't last forever, the cyclical nature of comics alone guarantees that, and if nothing else at least they were used to make a lot of long-dead characters viable again, but if they do get rid of them now, I'll consider it a waste because there's so many interesting things that could have been done or explored through examining what impact 'achieving immortality' on a society-wide level might have on that society, and they've barely scratched the surface of that.

Astonishing Member

Tbh, this is exactly my issue with getting rid of the protocols at this point and why I hope they're not going that route yet. They DID hype up the idea of how does being immortal potentially shape a society, but except for Way of X, they really haven't done anything with that yet. Mostly the protocols have been used in a purely superhero fashion, to bring back people after dying in superhero fights, and there's been no real attempt at culture-building outside of Spurrier's, and like....he's hit or miss for me. I tend to like his IDEAS, but find his execution lacking? But like, yeah that's where I'm at right now. I know they won't last forever, the cyclical nature of comics alone guarantees that, and if nothing else at least they were used to make a lot of long-dead characters viable again, but if they do get rid of them now, I'll consider it a waste because there's so many interesting things that could have been done or explored through examining what impact 'achieving immortality' on a society-wide level might have on that society, and they've barely scratched the surface of that.
    I think the main issue is a lot of the interest in the writing pool seemingly left with Hickman. Since Hickman left the most that’s been done with it is downplaying or disarming the ticking time bombs and problematic elements of Krakoa he set up for his eventual finale. Having the mechanized resurrection process has shackled the writers since because they still want the stakes to be death. They can’t do existential dread because they answered the entire “Am I still the original X-character?” Fairly quickly so fans wouldn’t worry if Quentin Quire has a soul, so you can’t do the clone angle. The entire societal Change in values regarding death takes place on a time scale the books can’t cover because of the medium. Spurrier was right having it only occur in Way of X because Onslaufht accelerates the process. Otherwise we’d need at least an entire generation raised in the new system to fully embrace the idea of not valueing life.

Like off the top of my head, they could have done a story where a villain has kidnapped a mutant, faking their death in the process. The mutant, months later, manages to break free, returns to Krakoa and finds….themselves, chilling on the island with everyone else. They were replaced. Now you have two mutants, who are the same mutant, a social concern raised, a potential for drama and story, but I’m pretty sure it wouldn’t occur because it raises too many questions and is too much of a direct poke at the fabric of Krakoa itself. I’m

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    So, does anyone have any predictions on what will happen after this Event?

Do y’all the Mutants will be more edgy and pissy now? Or they move to Arakko?
    According to Destiny in IXM#3 , we could get a 'New Krakoa'

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    I think the main issue is a lot of the interest in the writing pool seemingly left with Hickman. Since Hickman left the most that’s been done with it is downplaying or disarming the ticking time bombs and problematic elements of Krakoa he set up for his eventual finale. Having the mechanized resurrection process has shackled the writers since because they still want the stakes to be death. They can’t do existential dread because they answered the entire “Am I still the original X-character?” Fairly quickly so fans wouldn’t worry if Quentin Quire has a soul, so you can’t do the clone angle. The entire societal Change in values regarding death takes place on a time scale the books can’t cover because of the medium. Spurrier was right having it only occur in Way of X because Onslaufht accelerates the process. Otherwise we’d need at least an entire generation raised in the new system to fully embrace the idea of not valueing life.

Like off the top of my head, they could have done a story where a villain has kidnapped a mutant, faking their death in the process. The mutant, months later, manages to break free, returns to Krakoa and finds….themselves, chilling on the island with everyone else. They were replaced. Now you have two mutants, who are the same mutant, a social concern raised, a potential for drama and story, but I’m pretty sure it wouldn’t occur because it raises too many questions and is too much of a direct poke at the fabric of Krakoa itself. I’m
    Yeah there definitely was potential to tell deeper stories with the protocols with the example you mentioned ,but I think writers for whatever reason are reluctant to go there. Even the Apoth entity of FA that Sinister got procured for him, is on ice as a story.

BANNED

Mutants always has resurrection protocols. It’s just they had to come up with individual explanations for the resurrections. Plus they killed off some good characters while the new kid characters did t take with fans or writers. So they have things like the resurrection protocols and the return of the Siege Perilous so they writers don’t have to come up with absurd explanations for characters resurrections.

Astonishing Member

While I doubt Gillen will discard his own elements re Sinister and Destiny; depending on how throughly the Tricks and Forgotten have infiltrated Krakoa undetected; then Sinister’s clone Moira’s and Destiny‘s return are probably know to Druig

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    According to Destiny in IXM#3 , we could get a 'New Krakoa'
    Yes, perhaps with the protocols greatly changed or gone completely.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I think this pretty much confirms that the Resurrection Protocols are taken offline in A.X.E. Judgment Day…

What else can you tell us about Kraven's agenda in this arc and the trouble that results from it?

There's something I can't say… A huge game-changer for the mutants will be revealed before Judgment Day kicks off, and it's a particular point of motivation for Kraven. But of course, you know he's a hunter, and so it makes perfect sense that the mutants will be in his crosshairs if they are now considered the apex predators of the world.
    From: https://www.cbr.com/marvel-x-force-b...rcy-interview/

I think he’s clearly motivated by the fact that mutants can die again. Seems obvious, but I could be wrong.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

I think this pretty much confirms that the Resurrection Protocols are taken offline in A.X.E. Judgment Day

I think he’s clearly motivated by the fact that mutants can die again. Seems obvious, but I could be wrong.
    I don't entirely think that may be true, but I recall Valerio tweeting "he killed the same X-Man for the third time..." this can mean anything but from my understanding of this tweet it seems that mutants are in some capacity still able to return from death
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

I think this pretty much confirms that the Resurrection Protocols are taken offline in A.X.E. Judgment Day…

I wonder if it can instead mean that now that the protocols have just been made public, Kraven likes the idea of hunting them because there's, in his mind, an infinite supply. When is Judgment Day supposed to start again? I can't keep track of the moving dates but I know it's July.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!