Page 1 of 116 123451151101 ... LastLast

Default Judgement Day (2022)

Bleeding Cool is reporting that the new issue of Marvel Previews lists X-Men #9 and Eternals #10 under the banner "Judgement Day is Coming". Given the Eternals #10 solicit referencing a conflict with the Avengers and a Summer event, as well as the Gillen/Duggan Avengers/X-Men FCBD issue, it seems likely the this is a crossover between Eternals, X-Men, and Avengers, likely relating to the Celestials finally coming to judge Earth.

So is this going to relate to Aaron's crap about the Celestials in his Avengers run?
    2024: The Year of Hellion

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    So is this going to relate to Aaron's crap about the Celestials in his Avengers run?
    You mean the whole thing with "all life on Earth, particularly superhuman life, was spawned from a sick and dying Celestial's emissions"? Nihilistic as f*** creation myth there. That said, in light of the Celestials being responsible, in a roundabout way, for the existence of mutants on Earth and the potential for nonmutant humans to nonetheless develop superpowers if exposed to an external catalyst . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

A crossover with the Eternals huh? Well I know what I’ll be sitting out of.

Astonishing Member

I'm torn see, because I find Gillen's Eternals actually really interesting, but everything about Aaron's Avengers just makes me wish I could psionically blow up my own brain just to erase the memories of ever having seen any of it.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I'm kinda shocked Duggan's X-Men would be tied into this, doesn't he only have a set amount of time with this team before the next gala? Seems like a waste to tie into it, just like Gillen handle that in immortal x-men.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    A crossover with the Eternals huh? Well I know what I’ll be sitting out of.
    Same. The Eternals are about as cool as the Inhumans. Hopefully the X-men Red team on Mars avoids this one and just does their own thing. Definitely don’t want to see Ewing getting his newly relaunched book hijacked for yet another crossover event. Let the man tell his story!

The Eternals meh
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Ive been enjoying Kierons Eternals run and jts arguably one of the best books marvel has released this year so this collision with the Avengers seems inevitable however, i am nervous because i am absolutely not a fan of Aarons avengers. My only question is how the xmen are going to get involved, because if im not mistaken the only connection mutants have to celestials is that mutants are byproducts of celestial vomit so…
    Last edited by Diammandis; 12-25-2021 at 05:51 PM.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    It seems like it will, but he's notably not on the writing credits for the FCBD issue and there's no Avengers prelude solicited yet, so maybe he's not running the show. Gillen has shown in Eternals that he can take Aaron's Celestials stuff but make it work well already.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Same. The Eternals are about as cool as the Inhumans. Hopefully the X-men Red team on Mars avoids this one and just does their own thing. Definitely don’t want to see Ewing getting his newly relaunched book hijacked for yet another crossover event. Let the man tell his story!
    To be fair, he's only been "hijacked" for one crossover, King in Black (and I bet he chose to do that, as Ewing often participates in crossovers). The Last Annihilation was his own crossover.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I'm kinda shocked Duggan's X-Men would be tied into this, doesn't he only have a set amount of time with this team before the next gala? Seems like a waste to tie into it, just like Gillen handle that in immortal x-men.

Given that Duggan & Gillen are the writers on the FCBD event, I think this could be X-Men led, not just something X-Men are participating in.

Fantastic Member

more Duggan? Aaron's Avengers? yeah this gets a hard pass.

Eternals are only slightly more interesting than Inhumans but neither move much.

I kinda hope this doesnt have too much of Duggans Xmen tbh, havent been intrigued or interested in that book or his writing at all. Would much rather it be Kierons immortal xmen characters and like a dash of duggan and his team
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    You mean the whole thing with "all life on Earth, particularly superhuman life, was spawned from a sick and dying Celestial's emissions"? Nihilistic as f*** creation myth there.
    Sounds good.