Page 41 of 116 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Considering it seems the major things setting this conflict into motion are secrets and hiding things, I wonder if this will encourage the X-Men to start being more open to humans.
    At the very least the books are gearing up towards exposing the mutants Resurrection Protocols. Which is sure gonna cause all kind of juicy drama for Krakoa.

Checked, Uranos' interpretation is that any deviation is "excess deviation". Maybe the idea is that Thanos does something that makes the Eternals follow Uranos' interpretation.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Well based on that interview the notion of presenting a fair and even-handed event just went out the window. I mean to blatantly outright declare the Eternals as the bad guys just speaks to bias and favoritism towards the X-men. With mutants essentially being the dominant and most powerful species on the planet and in the solar system do they still need to be seen as the innocent victims? Do the lowly Eternals really need to be thrown under the bus for the benefit of the popular X-men? Judging by Gillen's interview I guess the answer is yes.
    Except this isn't actually what's happening at all because Gillen's been sowing internal divisions in the Eternals his entire run so far, and this interview has him clearly stating that the Eternals are only the bad guys in this because the heroic Eternals have ALREADY split off from the others. Its not like mutants vs Eternals, mutants are automatically in the right and all Eternals are thus evil, its more like if Krakoa went to war with the rest of the Earth while following Sinister, Selene and Shaw's lead or whatever, but only AFTER the X-Men and all like-minded mutants had already split from the rest.

As usual, people are deliberately reducing things to a simplistic binary so they can complain about it being a simplistic binary.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Except this isn't actually what's happening at all because Gillen's been sowing internal divisions in the Eternals his entire run so far, and this interview has him clearly stating that the Eternals are only the bad guys in this because the heroic Eternals have ALREADY split off from the others. Its not like mutants vs Eternals, mutants are automatically in the right and all Eternals are thus evil, its more like if Krakoa went to war with the rest of the Earth while following Sinister, Selene and Shaw's lead or whatever, but only AFTER the X-Men and all like-minded mutants had already split from the rest.

As usual, people are deliberately reducing things to a simplistic binary so they can complain about it being a simplistic binary.
    It wouldn't surprise me if this is how the Krakoa era ends.

Astonishing Member

Nope, not doing this for the millionth time. Have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Nope, not doing this for the millionth time. Have a nice day.
    I was agreeing with you.

Is that Moira with Druig in the preview? Also super hyped for this.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    That might be her transhuman body.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    That’s what I was thinking too. If so, highly interesting. One advanced machine conspiring with another…

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    That’s what I was thinking too. If so, highly interesting. One advanced machine conspiring with another…
    The Eternals aren't machines in 616.

kieron gill bring etherium mining to the AXIS comics crossover event spectacular
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Pretty sure Gillen’s run established them as such, no? Or at least beings that exist in service to “the Great Machine,” which I suppose makes them like programs within the machine. Think Agent Smith in The Matrix perhaps?

They’ve also been described by Gillen as “angels,” but the fact that they can be killed and then rebooted — using apparently the life essence of a human as the cost — it kind of feels like they’re leaning into the movie concept of them being advanced “machines” created by the Celestials. At least IMO.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 03-19-2022 at 08:13 AM.

she looks like moira, but i don't think marvel spoils the xdow ending before wednesday release can be another eternal?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    she looks like moira, but i don't think marvel spoils the xdow ending before wednesday release can be another eternal?

They are biological robots, made of living cells like anybody else, and close enough to humans to interbreed, but designed and programmed like machines, and dependent on the World Machine that keeps them alive and controls them.

There is something in them that goes beyond biology: They can be cloned, but their clones aren't "real Eternals". Thanos and Eros are considered true Eternals, though, because Kronos helped Mentor give them that "something" that defines a true Eternal...

Quote Originally Posted by mugen View Post
    she looks like moira, but i don't think marvel spoils the xdow ending before wednesday release
    Wouldn't be the first time...
    Last edited by Habis; 03-19-2022 at 08:23 AM.