Page 8 of 116 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post
    Kind of remind me that
    A)Apocalypse and externals were strongly tied to Celestials, for long-time poccy was the only non-eternal user of Celestial tech
    B)You could be on point on the Eternals having if not a grudge a past with some of the long lived mutants, seriously
    Oh hell yes. It would be a riot to find out that Sersi had something to do with Selene getting her butt kicked out of Rome, a couple thousand years ago...

Or even some of the actual Olympian gods, like Hercules, being involved in rooting out Selene's heretical cult to her own glory poaching their faithful.

C) the eternals resurrection Rhodes Rhodes similar to mutants protocols. One wonder....where the souls fuel necessary come from ? (Well for me the answer is easy, they simply displace newborn clones soul when they "implant" themselves) Will be interesting see the Eternals reactions
    D) is about fucking times the Eternals play more active role in MU, considering how tied to the effin origin of MU, that despite ALL retcons and whatever, stuck. Is always about Celestials and their experimenting(now seem to be accidental, but considering it was the god of lies who told us that..perhaps he did not said all the truth, like when he ever did??)
    Yeah, the whole manifest destiny of the ascent of mutantkind and 'natural evolution' has carefully skirted addressing the elephant-in-the-room of it all being Celestial design, and not at all 'natural.'

Why did the Celestials create mutants in the first place? There surely is a grand design for mutantkind, and there's no guarantee *at all* that it's something that Charles or Erik or even 'ol Pork Lips hisself would approve of...

Astonishing Member

I’m pretty sure that Aaron retconned the Celestials creating the Mutants and the Deviants, as they were somehow now around before the First Host

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    I’m pretty sure that Aaron retconned the Celestials creating the Mutants and the Deviants, as they were somehow now around before the First Host
    Hmm maybe apart the way/method Celestials being the original of superhuman on earth trail way back, at least in 80's. At some piinti clearly remember X factor bombing around a planet where mutants evolved as consequences of celestials(the world crumbled into a civil war that X-factor failed to stop btw), Apocalypse literally using/living in a sentient Celestial ship, who later became an individual and Ally of X dudes and dudettes. Prosh liked to call itself, but I have to check. And Mystique andToad got a power boost(to make them more liek the movies at the time) during a weird mini event involving Celestials and the Stranger(another cosmic being obsessed with mutants and superhumans) that essentially said that Celestials placed a seed in humankind that over millenia will make them perhaps evolve into a new..Eternity.?? <like weird stories involving celstials and mutants were made before...>
    And interesting note. I always found that Kro character design and powers and Apocalypse characte design and powers were VEEEERRRRY similar.
    And considering that Kro is one hell of long lived deviant...one wonder if millenia ago he stumbled into small Akkaba village...
    Last edited by Baron of Faltine; 01-20-2022 at 03:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    You mean the whole thing with "all life on Earth, particularly superhuman life, was spawned from a sick and dying Celestial's emissions"?

*exploding dead whale gif*

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post
    Hmm maybe apart the way/method Celestials being the original of superhuman on earth trail way back, at least in 80's. At some piinti clearly remember X factor bombing around a planet where mutants evolved as consequences of celestials(the world crumbled into a civil war that X-factor failed to stop btw), Apocalypse literally using/living in a sentient Celestial ship, who later became an individual and Ally of X dudes and dudettes. Prosh liked to call itself, but I have to check. And Mystique andToad got a power boost(to make them more liek the movies at the time) during a weird mini event involving Celestials and the Stranger(another cosmic being obsessed with mutants and superhumans) that essentially said that Celestials placed a seed in humankind that over millenia will make them perhaps evolve into a new..Eternity.?? <like weird stories involving celstials and mutants were made before...>
    And interesting note. I always found that Kro character design and powers and Apocalypse characte design and powers were VEEEERRRRY similar.
    And considering that Kro is one hell of long lived deviant...one wonder if millenia ago he stumbled into small Akkaba village...
    I don’t see the family resemblance, and I don’t usually like retcons, but it would be pretty funny if it turned out Kro was Apocalypse’s daddy. It would help explain what a bastard Apocalypse is.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Yep.

On a completely unrelated note, I am not a fan of Jason Aaron's writing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Geez... What title and issue is this frame from?
    Jason Aaron's Avengers, first arc, titled "The Final Host." Was a trip of a read, to say the least, though I did draw morbid amusement out of Aaron's nihilistic take on how life in the Marvel Universe truly began. I'm blanking on the specific issue number, but it could be #5 or #6.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Astonishing Member

I’m aware Robbie’s lost in the multiverse atm, but I’m pretty sure between all the Ghost Riders and Symbiotes around, plus Echo, reviving the Progenitor on short notice is eminently feasible

Interesting… I wonder which X-men will be involved? Since Gillen is involved clearly the Quiet Council will play a role. Wondering about Duggan’s X-men team, Ewing’s X-men, X-Force, the Marauders, etc. though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Interesting… I wonder which X-men will be involved? Since Gillen is involved clearly the Quiet Council will play a role. Wondering about Duggan’s X-men team, Ewing’s X-men, X-Force, the Marauders, etc. though.
    I think it's safe to say Duggans Xteam will be involved and I wouldn't be surprised if the QC makes an appearance as well or if Immortal somehow ties into the event since Kieron is writing Eternals, as well as this event as well. It'd be easier for Kieron to tie in Immortals since he's the writer for the other books involved and all that. However, the other books I'm just not too sure if they'll be involved since they'll just be starting up
    She's A Lifebringer

Yeah, I’m kind of hoping they aren’t. Especially Ewing’s X-men Red since his SWORD run suffered by being derailed by several events. Would be nice if they just left that one alone so he could tell his tale, which I believe will be epic if they do.

X-Force, on the other hand, might actually benefit from being involved. Just because some other writers would get to write the characters.

Can definitely see the premise of this book not being a vs event but, all these factions having to come together to make a new Celestial. It might start with fighting but it ends up with them realizing they need to work together
    She's A Lifebringer

Well…
    She's A Lifebringer

Wow first the shitty movie and now this. They’re really not selling me on the eternals lol

She's A Lifebringer