Page 102 of 116 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 1731

Isn't Colossus still a spy? Whatever happened to that thread?
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Still going as a slow Percy plot thread. It was mentioned in Immortal 1 (Sinister knows bc of his Moira resets) and Colossus made some moves in the early Destiny of X X-Force issues to get Omega Red ressurected.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    That's why he'd be perfect. The whole Eternal thing outs Mikhail's plans bringing it to the forefront

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    Strange that there is an Judgement Day Omega issue when there wasn't an Judgement Day Alpha issue ?
    Pretty typical for Marvel events these days. Devil’s Reign and Secret Empire both had Omegas but not Alphas. It’s just Marvel’s recent way of naming an “aftermath” issue (except for Empyre which had actual issues called Aftermath for A and FF.)

Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    gillen is very hit and miss with me but from talking to other retailers preorders and subs are very very low for this type of event i have no issue with the eternals and just having reread the 15 or so issues of eternals again it was quite good but the characets have less than zero buzz. hearing marvel is really really going to try and get a buzz started with dropping some very big dark web hints at san diego
    That’s interesting. I feel like the online hype and word of mouth is overwhelmingly positive. I haven’t seen this many people excited about a Marvel event since at least Dark Reign. Tons of usual event-haters on Reddit and elsewhere seem to really be excited for this because people trust Gillen and like his Eternals and Immortal. Maybe it will of better digitally? The X-books are consistently at the top of the Amazon digital lists.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Oh wow, so some of the X-titles will be tied-ins for 3 issues, X-Force having 4. More Uranos versus Arakko over in Red sounds lovely.

I wonder if LoX #6 will be the last issue before the changeup or if it's continuing.
    FWIW, the LoX trade is solicited for 1-5. Not sure if that means we’ll go beyond 6 or 6 will just be collected elsewhere w/ AXE stuff, but Immortal’s first trade does have an AXE issue included.

After reading AXE: Eve of Judgement I hope that Gillen changes his writing style a bit with the actual event itself. Its needs to be more exciting, action-packed and impactful to the Krakoa era. I get that the Eternals movie came out but I'm still not finding any of the Eternals interesting in the comic universe. Also I feel like they made it too big. I subscribed to the reading list and Im like I may have to cut some of these out. If they dont feature a predominant amout of mutants.

Gillen and Spurrier sometimes have the same flaw IMO they try grandiose verbiage and speeches when sometime we need direct simple dialogue. IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    Strange that there is an Judgement Day Omega issue when there wasn't an Judgement Day Alpha issue ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Pretty typical for Marvel events these days. Devil’s Reign and Secret Empire both had Omegas but not Alphas. It’s just Marvel’s recent way of naming an “aftermath” issue (except for Empyre which had actual issues called Aftermath for A and FF.)
    War of the Realms also had an Omega issue but no Alpha issue.
    On the other hand, Reckoning War and Banner of War had Alpha issues but no Omega issues.
    King in Black had neither an Alpha or an Omega issue.

I think it pretty much depends on the event itself and what the writer wants to do with it.

Gillen probably felt he didn't need an Alpha issue because the set-up for Judgment Day was already happening in other books (Hellfire Gala, Eve of Judgment) or could be done in issue 1 itself.
    But he (or editorial) wanted an Omega issue to highlight the new developments during the event and advertise the follow-ups - I suspect this Omega issue will be a launching point for Gillen's Eternals Vol 6.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Pretty interested setup in Eve of Judgement. Mister Sinister potentially creating a new god (Eternal-mutant hybrid?) has some large ramifications.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    After reading AXE: Eve of Judgement I hope that Gillen changes his writing style a bit with the actual event itself. Its needs to be more exciting, action-packed and impactful to the Krakoa era. I get that the Eternals movie came out but I'm still not finding any of the Eternals interesting in the comic universe. Also I feel like they made it too big. I subscribed to the reading list and Im like I may have to cut some of these out. If they dont feature a predominant amout of mutants.

Gillen and Spurrier sometimes have the same flaw IMO they try grandiose verbiage and speeches when sometime we need direct simple dialogue. IMO.
    Based on things Gillen had said previously, I think it's pretty clear that this was intended as the "A.X.E.: Eternals" prologue issue (since the ongoing is not coming out ATM) and was just named like this by Marvel. If the actual event doesn't have good X-focus, that's obviously a problem.

Mmmm... it seems like this book's purpose was primarily to explain why the Eternals won't just blow Krakoa up. It is a good idea; otherwise, we would all be whining "but, why didn't the Eternals just nuke Krakoa...?!".

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    Pretty interested setup in Eve of Judgement. Mister Sinister potentially creating a new god (Eternal-mutant hybrid?) has some large ramifications.
    Makkari and Ajax explained what they intend to do in the last Eternals mini-series: They intend to resurrect the dead Celestial Progenitor by recovering the pieces of Tiamut, the Dreaming Celestial (whose body Mr. Sinister broke up for scrap pieces during the Utopia era) and using them to repair it, Frankenstein style (Makkari even mentioned the Frankenstein book when formulating the plan).

Ajax and Makkari need Mr. Sinister's help because he knew how to scrap Tiamut and use the pieces, so he obviously know about Celestial "biology" (I don't know if that's the proper word, seeing how they are at least partially mechanical...).

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    Mmmm... it seems like this book's purpose was primarily to explain why the Eternals won't just blow Krakoa up. It is a good idea; otherwise, we would all be whining "but, why didn't the Eternals just nuke Krakoa...?!".

Makkari and Ajax explained what they intend to do in the last Eternals mini-series: They intend to resurrect the dead Celestial Progenitor by recovering the pieces of Tiamut, the Dreaming Celestial (whose body Mr. Sinister broke up for scrap pieces during the Utopia era) and using them to repair it, Frankenstein style (Makkari even mentioned the Frankenstein book when formulating the plan).

Ajax and Makkari need Mr. Sinister's help because he knew how to scrap Tiamut and use the pieces, so he obviously know about Celestial "biology" (I don't know if that's the proper word, seeing how they are at least partially mechanical...).
    Even though I'm not familiar with the Eternals and all they entail, I'm intrigued by all of this and the kidnapping of Sinister. He must have known it was coming from a comment he made in Immortal this week.
    The twist with the antimatter bomb at the end was cool.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

Well the antimatter bomb never would have worked in the first place, though none of the characters would have known that, or why.

But as long as Sinister's got Moira clones hidden somewhere on the island, destroying the whole island would have killed the clones, automatically resetting the timeline to one of the previous 'save states' he created by activating the clones' mutations at different points in the timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Well the antimatter bomb never would have worked in the first place, though none of the characters would have known that, or why.

But as long as Sinister's got Moira clones hidden somewhere on the island, destroying the whole island would have killed the clones, automatically resetting the timeline to one of the previous 'save states' he created by activating the clones' mutations at different points in the timeline.
    Ahh good point.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post

Yep, but the Eternals wouldn't know that, so they would keep trying in every timeline, and since Sinister wouldn't know what killed him, he wouldn't know how to stop the bomb, so we would have groundhog loop until Sinister decided to leave the island...
    Last edited by Habis; 07-13-2022 at 02:18 PM.