Page 58 of 116 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I’m optimistic about this one.
    So am I, especially the more I read about it.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    We've been talking for weeks about how the people saying that are people like Druig and Thanos who have taken over Eternals, but I'm about done. Half of this forum is so trapped in the idea that marvel hates the X-men they'd much rather keep on yelling about how this is always going to be marvel persecuting mutants like the evil baddies they are and you know what at this point, just take it.

yada yada avengers do nothing, yada yada rest of marvel is cops yada yada, at this point I'm with them in never wanting X-men to crossover with anything else if this is the fan reaction that's going to happen every time. I've been close to quitting these forums enough times already.
    I don't really know what reaction you expect from fans after shitty stories like Decimation, AVX, IVX and the latest X-Men/Fantastic Four. All created just to generate conflict against the X franchise and paint mutants in a bad image.

For some reason the Earth's Mightiest Heroes who weren't bothered by the Terrigen Cloud killing mutants around the world will be annoyed by the Resurrection Protocols, the great pioneers in the field of attacking an island full of innocent mutants.

I would be the happiest person in the world if the X-Men never crossover with anything else, because they always get hurt and their fans are called a lot of pejorative terms like toxic because they don't like that kind of story..

And for someone who frequents this forum almost exclusively to criticize the X franchise and its fans, it would be a godsend to see you leaving.

Another point is:

Why does one office have to interfere in the myths of another? If at the end of that story the Protocols are destroyed a lot of people will be rightly upset, myself included.

Quote Originally Posted by eliasmachado View Post
    Another point is:

Why does one office have to interfere in the myths of another? If at the end of that story the Protocols are destroyed a lot of people will be rightly upset, myself included.
    I just see all of this as story development, afterall this is the Marvel Universe not the Avengers Universe or the Mutant Universe.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    I just see all of this as story development, afterall this is the Marvel Universe not the Avengers Universe or the Mutant Universe.
    Different opinions. For me, interacting is different from interfering.

Another point is:

Facts. The main thing is why do they care? why does it matter? Because the other on top. Well i'm not taking this ride so i'm out. I'll wait until unlimited what i'm not going to do is muddy myself in false narratives and paid pr people acting like fans. So i'm out, i'll stick to my gardening wednesdays for now. That's my judgement. I'll support Vita and Tini but i'm taking a break, just not worth it. ^_^ I can make my own "xmen". and lord knows we have more visionary writers on this board and some colorists.^_^
    Last edited by jwatson; 04-12-2022 at 04:36 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Extraordinary Member

Anything in the book is only there for story purposes, or only worth being there. If the resurrection protocols get tossed, it was because they served the original purpose and then served another purpose, and that would have been a decision by the X-Office.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

So will it just be the Avengers who find out about the Protocols or will it be the whole world?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Thing is...I'm not overly familiar with Gillen's work (I read a few of his Eternals...it's a'aight.) I'm not crazy for his IMX but he's good, far better than most. And yes he's the "golden child of the hour" (debatable) but...

Is JD a story I'm interested in reading? Pared down and pulled back a bit, with more buildup with regards to the whole Mutant=Deviant plot...sure.
    Is JD a story I want and I'm desperate to read now/next few months? Not really, no.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

For some reason the Earth's Mightiest Heroes who weren't bothered by the Terrigen Cloud killing mutants around the world will be annoyed by the Resurrection Protocols,
    Who says the Avengers will be bothered by the Resurrection Protocols? Tony Stark is doing the same, and he didn't hide it; there even was a trial to determine if post-rebirth Tony Stark is still the same person or a copy.

the great pioneers in the field of attacking an island full of innocent mutants.
    Again: the Eternals are the villains this time. Thanos, Druig and company are the villains... Would you rather have a comic without opposition, the X-Men and friends surfing and drinking by the beach in every issue and nothing more...?
    Last edited by Habis; 04-12-2022 at 05:39 AM.

Extraordinary Member

I doubt I will be picking this up. Aside from always telling myself to stop being a sucker for every Marvel event, I just don't feel any of the hype Marvel has tried to create and nothing in the books themselves is indicating any need for some big shakeup. This kind of story probably should have been a two issue crossover somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    Who says the Avengers will be bothered by the Resurrection Protocols? Tony Stark is doing the same, and he didn't hide it; there even was a trial to determine if post-rebirth Tony Stark is still the same person or a copy.
    The Marvel article itself? " The Avengers are about to realize exactly how many secrets their so-called friends have kept from them. " Though, they could be referring to the Eternals as I can't remember the last time the Avengers were considered friends with mutants.
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...e-judgment-day

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    Again: the Eternals are the villains this time. Thanos, Druig and company are the villains... Would you rather have a comic without opposition, the X-Men and friends surfing and drinking by the beach in every issue and nothing more...?
    And like I said, due to things like Decimation, AVX, IVX, X-Men/Fantastic Four I would prefer other franchises to handle their own business. I don't see that kind of conflict being pushed onto other characters like Avengers, F4 or Spider-Man. The Marvel Universe only has issues with what mutants do.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I keep saying this but I am really excited for this event. I was excited of XL/XD and I really enjoyed that, let's see if Marvel can go 2 for 2 to start 2022 lol.
    Same, bud. Same.

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    We've been talking for weeks about how the people saying that are people like Druig and Thanos who have taken over Eternals, but I'm about done. Half of this forum is so trapped in the idea that marvel hates the X-men they'd much rather keep on yelling about how this is always going to be marvel persecuting mutants like the evil baddies they are and you know what at this point, just take it.

yada yada avengers do nothing, yada yada rest of marvel is cops yada yada, at this point I'm with them in never wanting X-men to crossover with anything else if this is the fan reaction that's going to happen every time. I've been close to quitting these forums enough times already.
    But if you simply stop caring what anonymous people you’ve never met say on this message forum, would that enhance your enjoyment of the event? If so, try that.

Not trying to be an ass, just putting it in perspective. So what that some people on this forum disagree with you, or with me, about stuff? Zero f@#&s given. I buy what I like, support what I like, and don’t buy what I don’t like. And then I come on here and talk about what I want to talk about and what excites me, and if that doesn’t excite others… oh well. Makes life simpler and my comics are generally more enjoyable that way, when I’m not letting others influence how I feel personally about a subjective medium.

I mean, hell, if Cable just does one cool thing in this crossover it will satisfy me and be miles better than AvX or IvX and worth me spending my money on. In that respect, I’m easy and should be a target customer of Marvel. Ha. All you gotta do is give me one badass scene. Just one! A couple of pages in the entire event dedicated to Nathan Summers doing something cool. Like in X-men Red #1. That’s all I ask, and you get my money. Super easy.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 04-12-2022 at 06:09 AM.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Thing is...I'm not overly familiar with Gillen's work (I read a few of his Eternals...it's a'aight.) I'm not crazy for his IMX but he's good, far better than most. And yes he's the "golden child of the hour" (debatable) but...

Is JD a story I'm interested in reading? Pared down and pulled back a bit, with more buildup with regards to the whole Mutant=Deviant plot...sure.
    Is JD a story I want and I'm desperate to read now/next few months? Not really, no.
    I do recommend Journey into Mystery and Young Avengers of his marvel work and DIE and Once and Future of his independent works. Phonogram and Wicked+Divine are also good but are a lot more taste dependenti

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post

Curious. Who would you feel would be better suited/more to your liking to be writing this event and being the golden child?