Page 91 of 116 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 1731

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Perhaps another poster will want to address these points, I've just never been one to try to equate real world with the comics. But yes certainly there would be victims of Sinister and other villains that view what's happening as unjust and wrong. But I don't think that's the responsibility of the mutants to address when they're still rescuing mutants being rounded up and killed, and trying to bring back those that have been murdered which will take decades.

I've always been of the opinion that once they become stable enough then perhaps they can then look at opening their borders if they wish, perhaps for tourism and strengthening relations.
    This year's Hellfire Gala has the very theme of their growing relationship with humanity, and the Avengers and other heroes are honored guests. And then we have the Eternals trying to massacre them right around the corner.
    I mean, I think considering what the X-Men have personally had to deal with from them and having to stop them on numerous occasions you would assume they'd feel some responsibility but I guess the ethics and priorities with Krakoa have always been a sticking point beyond taking care of the Mutant race.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, I think considering what the X-Men have personally had to deal with from them and having to stop them on numerous occasions you would assume they'd feel some responsibility but I guess the ethics and priorities with Krakoa have always been a sticking point beyond taking care of the Mutant race.
    Agreed, which led Scott and Jean deciding to reform the X-Men despite the council's objection. And now we have Scott making the call of letting the cat out of the bag about the resurrection protocols and informing the world without the consent of the council. I appreciate these internal issues being highlighted.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    And the xmen totally accept and love him and adore him because they are now besties with him. I recall emma saying he was a cancer they need to remove as soon as possible, but guess taste as her way of saying he was her friend. Same with everyone in the council even the likes of mystique and exodus seasoned villans who also see him as repulsive trash. They all love him too I guess.
    Kinda hard to take those claims seriously when they also gave him the highest rank in their government. He's not even a fucking real mutant! He's a human with a mutants DNA spliced in.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    And yes, having the villains on the island and participating is a very provocative idea by design. But for the time being at least humanity doesn't have to worry about those villains and some of them are trying to rehabilitate.
    This is, canonically, bullshit. Selene killed humans and was sent to the council for judgement and was apparently not punished in any way beyond not getting a seat at the head of the Krakoan government (so apparently they do draw the line somewhere, morally, with who's on it), and in Children of the Atom they even offered amnesty to villains in the middle of committing crimes

Just a reminder to stay on topic please. Enough with the political posts.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    This is, canonically, bullshit. Selene killed humans and was sent to the council for judgement and was apparently not punished in any way beyond not getting a seat at the head of the Krakoan government (so apparently they do draw the line somewhere, morally, with who's on it), and in Children of the Atom they even offered amnesty to villains in the middle of committing crimes
    when did she kill humans? in that captain America run?
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Yep. It literally ends with Shuri specifically saying the council will be judging her, which means they must have let her off the hook

Last edited by gonnagiveittoya; 06-30-2022 at 08:50 PM.

Yep. It literally ends with Shuri specifically saying the council will be judging her, which means they must have let her off the hook

No reads Captain America...
    Apparently not even the Quiet Council
    GrindrStone(D)

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

So who are we guessing will not make it out alive of Judgement day, to stay dead (or for a long time)?

My guesses are;

Magneto
    At least one other member of the Great Ring, my guess Logos or Xilo.
    Mystique (hinted she is in no future)
    Mutant Mr. Sinister (to make room for the real one)
    Wrongslide (as he wants to die, it will probably happen)
    Probably one of the Gen X or New X-Men kids
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Yeah. Nobody cares about the crap Coates was writing to gain X-Clout. Both his BP and CA were so behind whatever else was going on in the other books that it makes little sense to try to link the timelines. Not to mention that not even the X-Office cared about Selene...she was providing a behind-the-scenes service to Krakoa up until Tini downgraded her to Girl Boss in that forgettable mini and then Gillen most recently as Plot Device in IXM.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 07-01-2022 at 12:07 PM.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    So who are we guessing will not make it out alive of Judgement day, to stay dead (or for a long time)?

My guesses are;

Magneto
    At least one other member of the Great Ring, my guess Logos or Xilo.
    Mystique (hinted she is in no future)
    Mutant Mr. Sinister (to make room for the real one)
    Wrongslide (as he wants to die, it will probably happen)
    Probably one of the Gen X or New X-Men kids
    Uranus, aka Your-anus is probably going to death as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Lol i read this. In the next scene Sharon Carter get's young again and gains her super powers.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

reason for edit: Yeah this post is indeed reductive. ^_^
    Last edited by jwatson; 07-01-2022 at 09:41 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

yeah, i don't think this matters(?) it hasn't been mentioned or expanded on at all by in-story or mentioned by any of the x-writers. I think this is something that could be handwaved as this really just doesn't make sense
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Kinda hard to take those claims seriously when they also gave him the highest rank in their government. He's not even a fucking real mutant! He's a human with a mutants DNA spliced in.
    I guess that's why everyone will very much rather have him in the pit or dead... unfortunately they need his genetic database for now and giving the database he has on them and the multitudes of him running around they have to be smart about it. Would have been avoided if Xavier simply listened to moira and never brought in sinister yet here we are.