Page 92 of 116 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 1731

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Agreed, which led Scott and Jean deciding to reform the X-Men despite the council's objection. And now we have Scott making the call of letting the cat out of the bag about the resurrection protocols and informing the world without the consent of the council. I appreciate these internal issues being highlighted.
    One thing of note is how Scott says the system only works for mutants - since the point of the meeting with Urich is to be honest and up front, I find it unlikely that Scott would be lying about that. Meaning that if the system CAN bring non-mutants back, it is known to very few people - not even the full Council would be aware, since Jean used to be on it, and I'm pretty sure she and Scott talk.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    So who are we guessing will not make it out alive of Judgement day, to stay dead (or for a long time)?

My guesses are;

Magneto
    At least one other member of the Great Ring, my guess Logos or Xilo.
    Mystique (hinted she is in no future)
    Mutant Mr. Sinister (to make room for the real one)
    Wrongslide (as he wants to die, it will probably happen)
    Probably one of the Gen X or New X-Men kids
    I think a lot of the members of the Great Ring will be changed and I thought about Mystique too but it seems that is further out in the future as Destiny wants her to read her new diary at some point.

(I stopped responding to the Krakoa/Mutants aren't heroes stuff because of Wolverine's post to stay on topic, the topic being Judgment Day. But I see we're off to the races again lol)
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    This is, canonically, bullshit. Selene killed humans and was sent to the council for judgement and was apparently not punished in any way beyond not getting a seat at the head of the Krakoan government (so apparently they do draw the line somewhere, morally, with who's on it), and in Children of the Atom they even offered amnesty to villains in the middle of committing crimes
    But granting amnesty means they're going to Krakoa which, hopefully, will keep them in line and prevent them from going back out to commit crimes. So far it's worked for the MLF, Nasty Boys, Black Tom, the original Hellions and many others. I would think some humans would like the idea of mutants staying on their own island in the Pacific.

I still think at the Hellfire Gala the protocols will be opened to some humans, perhaps the superheroes, raising the stakes for the Avengers to get in the middle of the Judgment Day fight.
    Last edited by JB; 07-01-2022 at 09:46 AM.

But granting amnesty means they're going to Krakoa which, hopefully, will keep them in line and prevent them from going back out to commit crimes. So far it's worked for the MLF, Nasty Boys, Black Tom, the original Hellions and many others. I would think some humans would like the idea of mutants staying on their own island in the Pacific.
    Selene killed these people after becoming a Krakian citizen and getting the amnesty.

I still think at the Hellfire Gala the protocols will be opened to some humans, perhaps the superheroes, raising the stakes for the Avengers to get in the middle of the Judgment Day fight.
    Superheroes don't need Krakoa to do that; Tony Stark could do it if he were willing and the heroes asked for it.

Of course, Tony may not want to do it, and Krakoa already has the system in place, so...

There is also the fact that many heroes wouldn't want to benefit from cloning "immortality" unless the rest of the world gets it too...

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    Selene killed these people after becoming a Krakian citizen and getting the amnesty.

Superheroes don't need Krakoa to do that; Tony Stark could do it if he were willing and the heroes asked for it.

Of course, Tony may not want to do it, and Krakoa already has the system in place, so...

There is also the fact that many heroes wouldn't want to benefit from cloning "immortality" unless the rest of the world gets it too...

Why doesn't Tony Stark give it to them then??? Or Black Panther with his connects with the Dead? Or Scarlet Witch/Dr Strangw? Hell even Doc Oc, M.O.D.O.K., and AIM could help lol
    GrindrStone(D)

BANNED

The Hellfire Gala and the protocols needs to go away... It's quite boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post

Apologies, I was more referring to the criminals in CotA. Like the others mentioned, it seems everyone including the council ignored Coates' work since it never came up. Selene was dealt with harshly after her antics in Immortal though so I'd like to think they wouldn't let her just get away with the CA stuff if properly addressed.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Why doesn't Tony Stark give it to them then??? Or Black Panther with his connects with the Dead? Or Scarlet Witch/Dr Strangw? Hell even Doc Oc, M.O.D.O.K., and AIM could help lol
    You'd think someone like Tony would want to one-up the mutants and find a way to offer it to the world. For a fee, of course.

Astonishing Member

Apologies, I was more referring to the criminals in CotA. Like the others mentioned, it seems everyone including the council ignored Coates' work since it never came up. Selene was dealt with harshly after her antics in Immortal though so I'd like to think they wouldn't let her just get away with the CA stuff if properly addressed.

You'd think someone like Tony would want to one-up the mutants and find a way to offer it to the world. For a fee, of course.
    Because Marvel typically doesn’t allow massive changes to its world status quo like that

Fantastic Member Ulysian_Thracs's Avatar

I don't think Tony Stark would go for immortality through cloning. He is too egotistical to allow anyone, even another copy of himself, take over his space. Like me, I think Tony wouldn't consider the clones being actual resurrection of the same person for two reasons:

1. you can clone someone who is alive (though they have rules in place not to) and they could stand next to one another and have separate thoughts and senses. That is different than actual resurrection.

2. Wrongslide. Totally different person than Rockslide.

So I am interesting in what the Eternals actually consider the RPs when they show up for judgement day. It would be a great twist if they show up and the issue isn't this faux immortality, but rather that the mutants have simply knocked over the symbiosis of human/mutant interactions (in the view of the celestials). The mutants were supposed to be limited, and now they are potentially infinite. Or, as someone else brought up, mutants might be getting cloned more powerful than before, and that is destroying the equilibrium. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    I'm not totally useless. I can always be used as a bad example...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    The Hellfire Gala and the protocols needs to go away... It's quite boring.
    Hopefully sooner rather than later.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    yeah, i don't think this matters(?) it hasn't been mentioned or expanded on at all by in-story or mentioned by any of the x-writers. I think this is something that could be handwaved as this really just doesn't make sense
    Still canon. Plus thr COTA example is an X book
    Last edited by gonnagiveittoya; 07-01-2022 at 08:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    One thing of note is how Scott says the system only works for mutants - since the point of the meeting with Urich is to be honest and up front, I find it unlikely that Scott would be lying about that. Meaning that if the system CAN bring non-mutants back, it is known to very few people - not even the full Council would be aware, since Jean used to be on it, and I'm pretty sure she and Scott talk.
    I hope that's true. It simplifies things morally

Quote Originally Posted by Jv565 View Post
    I hope that's true. It simplifies things morally
    Wanda was resurrected by the Five (well, her body was; her soul and mind came back by themselves), so it works on non-mutants.

The problem would be to create back-ups for more than seven billion humans.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    To be honest, Krakoa era do highlight the hilarious paradox of superhero universes, in that foreign to keep the world "as out the window" create bizarre logical and ethical issue on long run.
    Lot of heroes and villains have already technology for a technical immortality(usually copied blatantly from the research of the Inhuman genetic genius Phaeder<really everyone is luck this guy is not around or could sue everyone for copyright infringement...every one copied his work....everyone!> .
    <kind of like why superhero based superhero do not share their amazing technology with he public, or do anything else but the most ridiculous use of it....Shocker vibro gauntlets are awesome tech with potential use in various fields! But nope he use for robberies(even if they are the ultimate lock picking tool and he could open any case note even smashing through it, just vibrating the lock mechanism open...but nope...joke villainous are joke villain you will remain I suppose....)

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post
    To be honest, Krakoa era do highlight the hilarious paradox of superhero universes, in that foreign to keep the world "as out the window" create bizarre logical and ethical issue on long run.
    Lot of heroes and villains have already technology for a technical immortality(usually copied blatantly from the research of the Inhuman genetic genius Phaeder<really everyone is luck this guy is not around or could sue everyone for copyright infringement...every one copied his work....everyone!> .
    <kind of like why superhero based superhero do not share their amazing technology with he public, or do anything else but the most ridiculous use of it....Shocker vibro gauntlets are awesome tech with potential use in various fields! But nope he use for robberies(even if they are the ultimate lock picking tool and he could open any case note even smashing through it, just vibrating the lock mechanism open...but nope...joke villainous are joke villain you will remain I suppose....)
    Also, at this point US should have like 10,000 super-cops arned with Shocker, Living Laser, Scorcher, Chance, Melter, Ghost... etc., tech and enhanced with Master Man, Kraven and Mockingbird serums in order to deal with super-villains, making heroes obsolete, but nope, government do nothing and just hopes for a hero to appear when something bad happens...