Page 94 of 116 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 1731

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Yupp. Leah made it a point to say that the Wanda resurrected in Trial by Contrivance was a really dated "model" who existed long before she fell in love with Vision and went Disassembled on the Avengers asses. Way back when she was a mutant.
    Exactly. Cap and them even made note on how young she looked.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    But it's your assumption. For all we know they could only create the body for wanda because the mind read as mutant. Maybe because in her own mind she was a mutant and had access to hex powers at one point. who knows. maybe her magic convinced herself she was a mutant to the point that it tricked cerebro but its not like it's a case of wanda was always considered human like most humans. The groundwork was actually laid before to say there were old backups. People can choose to ignore it but in universe at some point cerebro considered wanda a mutant. Whether it pings humans or not it does not consider them that.
    The High Evolutionary explicitly said that he made Quicksilver and Scarlett Witch so they would pass for mutants, so they probably registered as mutants to Cerebro. It doesn't makes sense, if you ask me... why bother passing them for mutants? what's the point? But that's what he claims he did...

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    But the argument here is whether the mutants won't use the protocols on humans or if they can't. Because Scott is specifically saying it doesnt work on humans despite it being used very recently (in-universe anyways) to revive a human.
    It's both true and a lie:

It's true because they aren't making back-ups of humans, so, as now, they can't resurrect humans. If you go to Krakoa and ask them to resurrect your spouse or your child or your parent, they just can't do it because they don't have a copy of their minds.

It's a lie because they have chosen to not keep back-ups of humans... they could have created a machine that creates back-ups of at least some humans they wanted to keep around, but they didn't care doing so... I don't think they could create back-ups of every human on Earth, they are far too many, but they could create a helmet that allowed to copy at least a few million of human minds, and let Jean or Rachel or another powerful telepath operate it...
    Last edited by Habis; 07-02-2022 at 05:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    The High Evolutionary explicitly said that he made Quicksilver and Scarlett Witch so they would pass for mutants, so they probably registered as mutants to Cerebro. It doesn't makes sense, if you ask me... why bother passing them for mutants? what's the point? But that's what he claims he did...
    Don't make sense to me either but even then it adds to the notion of why wanda isn't a problem. if even the high evolutionary made them appear to be mutants then at the very least he fooled cerebro but he did not have most humans appear to be mutants so it still avoids the " but a human was backed up" trope. either he lied or he was that good. i mean sinister isn't a mutant either, he stole thunderbird x-gene but cerebro reads him because of it maybe high evolutionary put 838 wanda xgene in 616. ( a little tongue in cheek for movie/comic)
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

It doesn't make sense that after decades of being one Franklin is no longer a mutant...but here we are.
    Writers will always do what they believe is best for the characters they're writing at the time regardless of how non-sensical or out-of-continuity it may be perceived by the readers.

And if some feel dey want tuh hot-up dey head tryin tuh figure why? Bless up.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

It doesn't make sense that after decades of being one Franklin is no longer a mutant...but here we are.
    Writers will always do what they believe is best for the characters they're writing at the time regardless of how non-sensical or out-of-continuity it may be perceived by the readers.

Your even more positive than i am. Because i have clearly seen good writers manipulate characters very intelligently to get what they want perceived across. lol. It's not always just because they feel it's the right thing.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

I think it makes less sense to retcon Wanda and Pietro than Franklin. Franklin I can pass off as Reed changing something to protect his son from the constant string of genocide attempts. But why would anyone hide someone they want to keep alive as part of the most persecuted group in the Marvel Universe?
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I think it makes less sense to retcon Wanda and Pietro than Franklin. Franklin I can pass off as Reed changing something to protect his son from the constant string of genocide attempts. But why would anyone hide someone they want to keep alive as part of the most persecuted group in the Marvel Universe?
    So magneto would protect them. Which kind of worked...
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

What doesn't make sense to me is why Wanda always looks so much like Magda and Anya. I mean having their eyes is quite the manipulation for the high evolutionary. Even with all the facts even Magneto seems stumped by the connections and keeps making them.

Which makes me think their should totally be a mutant equivalent of Maury. Like if he or she or they touch someone they are able to immediately make genetic connections between the person they touched and their ancestors including genetic alternates and their job is background making like character encyclopedias on the low. lol
    Last edited by jwatson; 07-02-2022 at 06:09 PM.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    Where in print was this said ?, I have never seen this anywhere ?
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    I think it during AXIS.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    What doesn't make sense to me is why Wanda always looks so much like Magda and Anya. I mean having their eyes is quite the manipulation for the high evolutionary. Even with all the facts even Magneto seems stumped by the connections and keeps making them.
    Why Wanda (and Pietro) couldn’t be Magda’s child?

This High Evolutionary had to use a material that existed… He couldn’t create living beings from nothing.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Why Wanda (and Pietro) couldn’t be Magda’s child?

This High Evolutionary had to use a material that existed… He couldn’t create living beings from nothing.
    Good point...genetic material had to come from someone. I always wondered why with all this advanced gene tech, in vitro fertilisation by villains using heroes dna is very uncommon.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    When Wanda, Pietro, Vision, Brother Voodoo, Rogue and Sabretooth went to Counter-Earth and fought the High Evolutionary.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post
    Good point...genetic material had to come from someone. I always wondered why with all this advanced gene tech, in vitro fertilisation by villains using heroes dna is very uncommon.
    I always thought it could be a very interesting story if there was a superhero who only became a hero or became aware of his powers AFTER being a sperm donor in college or something to help pay bills.....like the implications of realizing an unknown number of children could all inherit the powers you didn't even know you had when you first acted as a sperm donor. Especially if that hero's initial manifestation of their powers was particularly destructive or dangerous. What are the ethical considerations of trying to track down the children born of your sperm donations, in defiance of various privacy laws, if you only later found out that there was a possibility you'd passed down powers that can be dangerous or hard to control at first and those families might really need the benefit of that foreknowledge and access to that hero's experiences getting their own powers under control. Something like that. Idk.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    I always thought it could be a very interesting story if there was a superhero who only became a hero or became aware of his powers AFTER being a sperm donor in college or something to help pay bills.....like the implications of realizing an unknown number of children could all inherit the powers you didn't even know you had when you first acted as a sperm donor. Especially if that hero's initial manifestation of their powers was particularly destructive or dangerous. What are the ethical considerations of trying to track down the children born of your sperm donations, in defiance of various privacy laws, if you only later found out that there was a possibility you'd passed down powers that can be dangerous or hard to control at first and those families might really need the benefit of that foreknowledge and access to that hero's experiences getting their own powers under control. Something like that. Idk.
    In another universe, Connor Kent turned out to be the “son” of Lex Luthor and Superman… Angst ensued. A bit like poor Wanda or… Luke Skywalker.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe