Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Judgement Day (2022)

Bleeding Cool is reporting that the new issue of Marvel Previews lists X-Men #9 and Eternals #10 under the banner "Judgement Day is Coming". Given the Eternals #10 solicit referencing a conflict with the Avengers and a Summer event, as well as the Gillen/Duggan Avengers/X-Men FCBD issue, it seems likely the this is a crossover between Eternals, X-Men, and Avengers, likely relating to the Celestials finally coming to judge Earth.

So is this going to relate to Aaron's crap about the Celestials in his Avengers run?
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    So is this going to relate to Aaron's crap about the Celestials in his Avengers run?
    You mean the whole thing with "all life on Earth, particularly superhuman life, was spawned from a sick and dying Celestial's emissions"? Nihilistic as f*** creation myth there. That said, in light of the Celestials being responsible, in a roundabout way, for the existence of mutants on Earth and the potential for nonmutant humans to nonetheless develop superpowers if exposed to an external catalyst . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

A crossover with the Eternals huh? Well I know what I’ll be sitting out of.

Astonishing Member

I'm torn see, because I find Gillen's Eternals actually really interesting, but everything about Aaron's Avengers just makes me wish I could psionically blow up my own brain just to erase the memories of ever having seen any of it.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I'm kinda shocked Duggan's X-Men would be tied into this, doesn't he only have a set amount of time with this team before the next gala? Seems like a waste to tie into it, just like Gillen handle that in immortal x-men.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    I'm torn see, because I find Gillen's Eternals actually really interesting, but everything about Aaron's Avengers just makes me wish I could psionically blow up my own brain just to erase the memories of ever having seen any of it.
    This right here.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    I dropped the Avengers comic quiere sometime ago. I’m not buying again until he is off the Avengers.

What are Avengers sales like, I wonder? Is the book popular?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    A crossover with the Eternals huh? Well I know what I’ll be sitting out of.
    Same. The Eternals are about as cool as the Inhumans. Hopefully the X-men Red team on Mars avoids this one and just does their own thing. Definitely don’t want to see Ewing getting his newly relaunched book hijacked for yet another crossover event. Let the man tell his story!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Same. The Eternals are about as cool as the Inhumans. Hopefully the X-men Red team on Mars avoids this one and just does their own thing. Definitely don’t want to see Ewing getting his newly relaunched book hijacked for yet another crossover event. Let the man tell his story!
    To be fair, he's only been "hijacked" for one crossover, King in Black (and I bet he chose to do that, as Ewing often participates in crossovers). The Last Annihilation was his own crossover.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    You mean the whole thing with "all life on Earth, particularly superhuman life, was spawned from a sick and dying Celestial's emissions"? Nihilistic as f*** creation myth there.
    Sounds good.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    Sounds good.
    Yeah, real good.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

It's more about just what the character said, for me it also adds with gilliens interviews themselves and i'm not really interested in a sleeper agent turning the council out to make it "The same" as other groups, or an in way to make what shouldn't be wrong seem that way to "level the playing field"

Objective facts of immortal xmen gillien said he won't really be focusing on storm/Kate which we know are the more compassionate members of the council so is this going to be a point where we so villain up the council, i mean colossus is brainwashed, magneto a holocause survivor gone, that's it's just going to be a room full of white people destroying things. I mean others have made that point but especially giving the cast of eternals has not been the most diverse at all and i have caught up on gillien's eternals i can see there trying to add validation to that through the backdoor here
    if that is what it is be real cause that doesn't sound like a book i want to follow at all. I'm not interested in a fleshing out of the villains of the council just to add villainy to it all.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

The "QC are bad" ship has long since sailed. Krakoa's government is corrupt, that was pretty much the tagline for Inferno.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    It's more about just what the character said, for me it also adds with gilliens interviews themselves and i'm not really interested in a sleeper agent turning the council out to make it "The same" as other groups, or an in way to make what shouldn't be wrong seem that way to "level the playing field"

Objective facts of immortal xmen gillien said he won't really be focusing on storm/Kate which we know are the more compassionate members of the council so is this going to be a point where we so villain up the council, i mean colossus is brainwashed, magneto a holocause survivor gone, that's it's just going to be a room full of white people destroying things. I mean others have made that point but especially giving the cast of eternals has not been the most diverse at all and i have caught up on gillien's eternals i can see there trying to add validation to that through the backdoor here
    if that is what it is be real cause that doesn't sound like a book i want to follow at all. I'm not interested in a fleshing out of the villains of the council just to add villainy to it all.
    Basically inferno 2.0 aka the white only event.

Immortal X-Men is going to be like gandolf coming back even whiter than before lol.

I know I have beat this dead horse but Gillen not focusing on storm sounds like a win to me as a storm fan. The guy truly doesn't know what to do with the charchter and I respect that he knows he isn't good with certain Charachters, afterall to sell the book and write a good story you gotta play to your strengths. I heard from his interview that he enjoys and does well with more antagonistic charchters rather than heroic charchters. Those who have ulterior motives and such. All I can say is Good luck to them, but I know for a fact that this book will look stunning and I can't wait to see more Lukas storm art. Mmmmmmmm.
    Last edited by Reigna; 01-29-2022 at 11:15 AM.