Page 112 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116 LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 1731

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I hope they got a piece of that event check. Basically the x-line has been relegated to filling in the blanks for someone elses work that theirs was put on hold for. *smh* oh well.
    Yes!

This is why this event really grinds my gears.

XMR was on a roll and then we got Uranozzz.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Astonishing Member

It idly occurs to me that a pattern seems to be emerging of Marvel chucking IP’s/characters (Inhumans, Eternals, T’Challa) they want rid of against Mutants to demonise them use the outrage of the x-fans as cover

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

It's Avengers/X-Men/Eternals but Aaron is nowhere included in this not even as a tie-in.

I'm thinking that the only reason the Mutants got roped into this event was because Gillen was writing his Eternals LS and when he got roped into the X-Slack for IXM the higher ups mandated: "Eternals. XMEN. Big Summer Event. Make. It. Happen."

It could/should have just been Eternals vs Avengers but clearly Aaron wasn't interested and told them to **** off.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 08-18-2022 at 09:56 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

Watch Marvel come up with the one ending for Judgment Day that threads the needle of 'technically gives various fans what they wanted' and 'makes it so nobody actually gets what they wanted.'

Like the Celestial ends the event saying "No More Eternals" because they've stopped serving the spirit of their purpose while claiming to stick to the letter of their purpose in pursuit of just doing what they want, and X-Fans are like HAH! while other fans are like typical, another group made bad guys so the mutants look right AWW!

And then the Celestial's like and I am ending your resurrection process which most non X-Fans were gunning for so they're like HAH! except actually mutants keep their resurrection and its the Eternals who lose their resurrection process thus making them mortal AWW!

And then the Celestial's like and for the final point of my punishment, I turn you into that you tried to destroy so that the only future for you lies in finding acceptance and forgiveness from them and so Eternals are turned into mutants each stripped down to their personally most iconic power, and so non X-Fans are like WAIT NO ugh we've lost another hundred to the X-franchise, lads! and X-Fans are like HAH!

But then Krakoan amnesty and Krakoa is for all mutants means they HAVE to accept the former Eternals-turned-mutants same as they did all the mutant villains and so X-Fans are like WAIT NO especially when at least one former Eternal ends up on every lineup and in every book and somehow Druig's on the Quiet Council and Sersi's on the Great Ring and non X-Fans are like HAH!

And then former Eternals-now-mutants make themselves at home and jump right into all the scheming and plotting and personal vendettas and power games that count as mutant politics and its all very familiar and X-Fans are like okay this is technically all stuff I'm pretty sure I like but I'm pretty sure I do not like this because that would require I like Eternals and omg I would never! But also the former Eternals are still dying and resurrecting and practically speaking they're just as immortal as ever despite having lost their resurrection process and so non X-Fans are like okay this is technically all stuff I'm pretty sure I like but I'm pretty sure I do not like this, that would require I like the mutant resurrection protocols and omg I would never!

Meanwhile, back at Marvel's home offices, everyone congratulates each other on a job well done. "Pretty sure we nailed this one, lads."

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Lord, thank you for leaving Aaron out of this AXE nonsense.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Lord, thank you for leaving Aaron out of this AXE nonsense.
    Aaron on his own writes a lot of nonsense. I'm glad he's not in this, thank you very much

Astonishing Member

Marvel have pretty clearly sent the Eternals IP into this event to die. Because while making a billion dollars won’t protect you (points the crap being pulled on Black Panther), failure to do so is also a death sentence. The Eternals will be rendered mortal and mostly killed off, the remaining Eternals will go into a cosmic gutter to die like the Inhumans before them, and the Machine will describe after proclaiming mutants Earth’s rightful overlords in a hamfisted manner that fuels all new all same conflict with baselines and Marvel will launder their pettiness by putting the fandoms against each other

I guess you guys get the Deviants and Thanos as the consolation prize

Oh and Ewing or Duggan will have one of his characters go off on a tangent about how anyone who was ever an Avenger should consider their membership a mark of shame because elitism*/cops or something.

* in Ewing’s case read elitism to mean ‘how dare you cease to be d-listers perennially on the verge of being cancelled and becoming big outside the comics’

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Marvel have pretty clearly sent the Eternals IP into this event to die. Because while making a billion dollars won’t protect you (points the crap being pulled on Black Panther), failure to do so is also a death sentence. The Eternals will be rendered mortal and mostly killed off, the remaining Eternals will go into a cosmic gutter to die like the Inhumans before them, and the Machine will describe after proclaiming mutants Earth’s rightful overlords in a hamfisted manner that fuels all new all same conflict with baselines and Marvel will launder their pettiness by putting the fandoms against each other

I guess you guys get the Deviants and Thanos as the consolation prize

Oh and Ewing or Duggan will have one of his characters go off on a tangent about how anyone who was ever an Avenger should consider their membership a mark of shame because elitism*/cops or something.

* in Ewing’s case read elitism to mean ‘how dare you cease to be d-listers perennially on the verge of being cancelled and becoming big outside the comics’
    Except there are fans like me that were buying the eternals and was genuinely shocked when it was like "gillien is coming to the x-books to tell the rest of Eternals story." Some voices don't go together unless you are going to do the ground work to introduce them. The sad part is it didn't have to be like this. IT could have been the eternals rushing to save mutants from Druig and Uranous but for me, as someone who read Eternal up to issue 11 and the thanos one shot, what really messed it up was turning mutants into deviants especially after seeing the way gillien had eternals deal with them, a telepathic mokey etc. I'm sorry but for some people there is meaning in every action and it was done with purpose and i feel on some levels i was proven to be right and that my instinct was spot on about what this event really was and i don't think it was to destroy the eternals but rather to put the mutants in their place and once again the execution is what failed. If this was a success i have no doubt it would have been the end of krakoa or the beginning of the end and definitely the end of arrako but they take for granted that we actually read these stories and while this back stage shennanigans may make sense to them it never translates on the page well and you can't gaslight a story into existence or really write something well your pimping as something else. Very few people can destroy things right and front of your face and are so good at what they do you won't notice it. This was about increasing the popularity of the eternals but i think it was more shops and people in "power" that see the world a certain kind of way than just blatant this is marvel. I think marvel needs to really do an audit of it's staff and talent and the materials they produce or let be produced or not based on where they claim they see their brand before it's too late.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Are the fandoms really that against each other, though?

I personally dabble across the fences depending on what interests me...but for the most part we seem to leave each other alone.

I don't think this is any conspiracy by Marvel to get rid of their Eternals IP...not happening. They will either be placed on hiatus or Gillen will continue writing them in some form once his train wreck event ends. The Eternals/Earth/Mutants/Avengers dynamic will change (or else what's the point?) but it will carry on one way or another.

From my perspective, this A-Fans vs X-Fans "war" is grossly exaggerated, tiresome and utterly irrelevant to anything. At the end of the day/event the MU will continue apace the Avengers will keep avenging, the Mutants will keep surviving. some Humans will keep hating, and Earth will go on as normal, with very little to nothing drastically changed. To be repeated Summer 2023 when some crap writer decides he/she wants to "do something "groundbreaking, earth-shattering and life-changing" ...again.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Are the fandoms really that against each other, though?

I personally dabble across the fences depending on what interests me...but for the most part we seem to leave each other alone.

I don't think this is any conspiracy by Marvel to get rid of their Eternals IP...not happening. They will either be placed on hiatus or Gillen will continue writing them in some form once his train wreck event ends. The Eternals/Earth/Mutants/Avengers dynamic will change (or else what's the point?) but it will carry on one way or another.

From my perspective, this A-Fans vs X-Fans "war" is grossly exaggerated, tiresome and utterly irrelevant to anything. At the end of the day/event the MU will continue apace the Avengers will keep avenging, the Mutants will keep surviving. some Humans will keep hating, and Earth will go on as normal, with very little to nothing drastically changed. To be repeated Summer 2023 when some crap writer decides he/she wants to "do something "groundbreaking, earth-shattering and life-changing" ...again.
    Captain America is a mutant because Jean, as white phoenix of the crown, went back in time and placed the mutant gene in his ancestral line and that's how he also unknowingly fathered the Stepford-Cuckoo's.

For the really life changing part tho were going to have Krakoa spring a secret plan and everyone who has taken the mutant drug OR been around a mutant who was on the island (ty spores) will now have their DNA changed.

X-MEN: SPECIES SHIFT. COMING JANUARY 2025.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

BANNED

Why is it that Jean Grey is always the "No. 1" fan-fic goto for nonsense around here?
    Last edited by Micabe; 08-18-2022 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Why is it that Jean Grey is always the "No. 1" fan-fic goto for nonsense around here?
    While the other X-Men tend to get into ridiculous and nonsensical shenanigans, she/the Phoenix also have the power to make things happen. It doesn't hurt that the Phoenix is constantly being used for weird ideas.

But the theory is missing something. After he fathers the Stepford Cuckoos, Jean should turn him gay to bring things full circle.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Astonishing Member

Just more make the fans mad kino.

Somehow they make the Mutants are Eternals or vice versa. Or....

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    It idly occurs to me that a pattern seems to be emerging of Marvel chucking IP’s/characters (Inhumans, Eternals, T’Challa) they want rid of against Mutants to demonise them use the outrage of the x-fans as cover
    But the Inhumans were supposed to be the heroes of the story just like the Avengers were supposed to in IvX, Marvel is just incompetent and it backfired.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    While the other X-Men tend to get into ridiculous and nonsensical shenanigans, she/the Phoenix also have the power to make things happen. It doesn't hurt that the Phoenix is constantly being used for weird ideas.

But the theory is missing something. After he fathers the Stepford Cuckoos, Jean should turn him gay to bring things full circle.
    Yep.

As ridiculous as it sounds all it takes is ONE writer to make it happen and the Phoenix Force has the power to pull it off. At the moment only Jean has been the White Phoenix but it just take one flick of a pen before Echo levels up too. At this point the Phoenix is a parody of what it once represented so why not use it as such. Clearly the actual writers are following that train of thought *points and facepalms at Thor*
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation