Page 113 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116 LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 1731
    Mighty Member

Dunno why people think this event was mandated when Gillen's Eternals run was clearly signposting towards something like this from the start.

The only real oddity you could argue is the X-men, but you can chalk that up to Gillen writing an X-book right now.

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    Dunno why people think this event was mandated when Gillen's Eternals run was clearly signposting towards something like this from the start.

The only real oddity you could argue is the X-men, but you can chalk that up to Gillen writing an X-book right now.
    Riiiiight and everyone was like let's stop all our books, change all of our storylines, and dig in into this story that has nothing to do with what we have been doing for the last few years just to welcome Gillien back to the x-books. Riiiiiiiiiiight. That's a sure Jan from me.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

Marvel had already deemed the Eternals to be failures before Gillen even plotted this story, otherwise they’d have gotten more than a single ongoing with some one shots.

The Eternals have been sent into this event to die as villains while also edging the X-Men internet fandom/the Marvel writing pool in general with the prospect of long awaited revenge against the Avengers(that will never happen/stick, because even if Marvel’s hilariously ashamed of the MCU, the marketing build up to Kang Dynasty means the Svengers will eventually reform)
    Last edited by king of hybrids; 08-19-2022 at 01:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Marvel had already deemed the Eternals to be failures before Gillen even plotted this story, otherwise they’d have gotten more than a single ongoing with some one shots.

The Eternals have been sent into this event to die as villains while also edging the X-Men internet fandom/the Marvel writing pool in general with the prospect of long awaited revenge against the Avengers(that will never happen/stick, because even if Marvel’s hilariously ashamed of the MCU, the marketing build up to Kang Dynasty means the Svengers will eventually reform)
    I don't think you can blame anyone for coming for the avengers other than the writer. I bought the first 20 or so issues and then i don't know what happened but Aaron went ham with this 1,000,000 BC story. I mean just look how many new characters he created when there are dozens of avengers he could have been telling actual stories about instead he focused on changing the origin of a character that has been around for a long time and actually had a decent solo going on Thor,. So i think the only one that seems to be getting revenge on the avengers for something is the avengers office. How easy would it had been to pick up caps thread of unity from sword or even mentioning their view of things like krakoa in avengers so they had a real voice. But every time the avengers have showed up in the x-books they were shown some respect especially during hickman run so i don't get this idea that the x-offices are looking for some sort of revenge or fans are getting some sort of good feeling out of it when we are not the ones producing or green lighting the material.

Aaron recognizes wanda as a phoenix killer which feels like a plot point but he doesn't acknowledge her being the redeemer or really use her outside of just setting up that one plot point. Hmmm.
    Last edited by jwatson; 08-19-2022 at 01:25 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post

@king of hybrids. You might want to update your Eternals collection
    Last edited by Micabe; 08-19-2022 at 02:21 AM. Reason: Yes, I know there's an Avengers title in there... It's out of place in my collection.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

The Big Summer Events are, to greater and some lesser degree have been mandated for years since Marvel first realised they make mad money. And while it's true that some have organically grown and deceloped out of the stories being written at the time, most have been cobbled together without rhyme or reason and like AXE are contrived AF in the worst way, and you could tell because they're usually the most gawdawful ones.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I believe Gillen said he was "asked" if he wanted to do an Avengers/X-Men/Eternals summer event. Which could have been his polite way of saying he was told to do it.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Yupp.
    The distinction being he didn't present his Editors with the idea...they approached him.

Apart from the mere handful of us who are either apathetic or hateful towards it, it does seem to be popular and money-making at least mostly among the X-folk.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I believe Gillen said he was "asked" if he wanted to do an Avengers/X-Men/Eternals summer event. Which could have been his polite way of saying he was told to do it.
    Yeah, I feel like 'asked to do X event' translates to 'told by my bosses there was going to be X event, and I was offered the chance to work on it (or get out of the way, because it was happening with or without my participation or approval).'

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Yupp.
    The distinction being he didn't present his Editors with the idea...they approached him.

Apart from the mere handful of us who are either apathetic or hateful towards it, it does seem to be popular and money-making at least mostly among the X-folk.
    I'm strangely still engaged when normally I skip big events. Schiti and Gracia's work really helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Yeah, I feel like 'asked to do X event' translates to 'told by my bosses there was going to be X event, and I was offered the chance to work on it (or get out of the way, because it was happening with or without my participation or approval).'
    This is exactly how I envision it going down.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Read AXE #3 but I'm hoping someone else (with good English skills) does the review. Is Gillen trying to make people hate Ajak? Good grief.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Read AXE #3 but I'm hoping someone else (with good English skills) does the review. Is Gillen trying to make people hate Ajak? Good grief.
    I'm working on it right now, friend. Ajak is wack.

Ikaris killed someone.

If that someone is Rogue or Polaris. I really hope the Eternals flop the way the Inhumans did. Mutants wannabes...

Loving the Deviants wacky entrance. Hope they stay in the XSIDE. Hell give the Krakoan nationality and make honorary mutants.

I think I saw this on Red Dwarf.

"By their own weak and pathetic standards, they have justified their existence, whereas the two of you could have been so much more..."
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    Ikaris killed someone.

If that someone is Rogue or Polaris. I really hope the Eternals flop the way the Inhumans did. Mutants wannabes...

Loving the Deviants wacky entrance. Hope they stay in the XSIDE. Hell give the Krakoan nationality and make honorary mutants.
    Judging by the costume, spoilers:
    she was supposed to be firestar but it all happened during the illusion sequence
    end of spoilers
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”