Page 75 of 116 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1731

The Eternals quite literally don’t have a choice. Their programming ensures that. So I wouldn’t call them villains per say. They’re more like the humanoid equivalent of a landslide or a sinkhole; a destructive force that happens without malice.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

So, does anyone have any predictions on what will happen after this Event?

Do y’all the Mutants will be more edgy and pissy now? Or they move to Arakko?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post

I kind of hope it's the opposite. Like with the Avengers helping them out, maybe they can start to open up and trust them more. Start letting those wounds heal. We already saw some of them them hanging out casually with Gambit in the X-Men book. It'd feel like progress, in a positive direction.

Maybe we could get the Avengers Unity Squad back. Hellion's creators mentioned that they thought he could be on the Avengers one day. Let's make that a reality. He'd fix them.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

I know I guessed exactly this with Inferno but I think the protocols will change

Astonishing Member

I expect Gillen will use the fact that the Avengers and X-Men have beef with the recent secret history stuff of the Eternals and previous Avengers incarnations having clashed; and having replaced both the Mutants and the Eternals as the Celestials champions to re-cement them as an in-universe big deal but ultimately siding with the mutants rather than be party by inaction to Druig’s planned genocide the way their forebears were

Uranos’ attack of Arakko will fail either because I can’t actually remember the last time a writer had Storm take an L or some ham fisted people power moment where Uranos defeats the GR but is overwhelmed by the Arakkii. The Mutants will probably overpower the Eternals even as Druig pulls more and more lunatics from the Exclusion. Krakoa probably makes an alliance with Lemuria to defeat the Eternals once and for all

Assuming the Eternals survive, the Machine is probably destroyed without harming Earth and the renaining Eternals relocate to Titan or go forth like their movie counterparts to have a reckoning with the Celestials

A neat change would be all, in light of Spidey apparently doing so, the superheroes openly allying with Krakoa after the bullshit the government has been pulling since the end of secret empire; but I doubt any editorial would sign off on it and, frankly, I don’t trust the X-office writing pool with non-X characters on that scale. Best guess would be maybe Uncanny Avengers is relaunched

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    I know I guessed exactly this with Inferno but I think the protocols will change
    I concur with this thought, wouldn't surprise me if Moira had a hand too , say by divulging to Proteus that he was engineered for the Krakoa project.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

We know that at the beginning of the event humans have found out about resurrection and are not happy about it. I think that seeing the mutants being very publicly targeted for genocide and many of them dying will help some humans realize why it's ok for mutants to have this ability because they are often the targets of such attacks while the human population isn't.

It’s an X-men event so naturally Cable will die (we’ve already seen Uranos holding his skull), hopefully to be brought back before the event’s end where he actually does something (aside from die in issue #1). Having said that, with the Eternals targeting The Five in the preview art it seems that perhaps the Resurrection Protocols end up getting disabled. So maybe Cable is indeed just on the covers because he dies in the first issue to showcase the stakes.

At this point he’s the f’ing Kenny (from South Park) of X-men events. I mean, they killed him in X-Cutioner’s Song in the 90s, in Second Coming in the 00s, in Extermination in the 10s and more recently in X-men Red #2 shortly after being brought back (the adult version that is). It’s pretty laughable. Hope my pessimism here is unfounded. Guess we’ll see.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    It’s an X-men event so naturally Cable will die (we’ve already seen Uranos holding his skull), hopefully to be brought back before the event’s end where he actually does something (aside from die in issue #1). Having said that, with the Eternals targeting The Five in the preview art it seems that perhaps the Resurrection Protocols end up getting disabled. So maybe Cable is indeed just on the covers because he dies in the first issue to showcase the stakes.

At this point he’s the f’ing Kenny (from South Park) of X-men events. I mean, they killed him in X-Cutioner’s Song in the 90s, in Second Coming in the 00s, in Extermination in the 10s and more recently in X-men Red #2 shortly after being brought back (the adult version that is). It’s pretty laughable. Hope my pessimism here is unfounded. Guess we’ll see.
    QQQ is the Kenny of X-Men
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

That’s fair. But Cable is the OG of dying in X-men events. For sure.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post

I have recently been drowning myself in both copium and hopium but now I think the effect is wearing off. Guess I'll stop reading again and just forget this event exists for a month or two and see how it all turns out. I still think there's a decent chance of him doing something cool but its just as likely they're gonna make us think Cable's going to do something cool but then he just gets vaporized to show how serious the threat is and how meaningless Cable's action was
    Last edited by MkDiz; 06-19-2022 at 11:00 AM.

Wolverine lives
    Cyclops lives
    Storm lives
    Jean lives

Gambit's probably dead, but he's been dead ever since the Krakoa era started. We'll have to wait til next year when X-Men 97 premieres to see Remy shine again.

Bishop is still playing "Where's Waldo?"

Jubilee is still... I have no idea or what book she's appearing in now.

Some mutants will leave Krakoa and the stories will be more focused because honestly, there's too many to keep track of.

Scarlet Witch joins one of the teams.

Man… such a great opportunity for a writer to come in and revamp X-Force, making it a badass 90s-tastic squad based out of the mansion. Add Gambit, Bishop and Kwannon to Wolverine and Domino’s field branch; while putting Jubilee with Beast, Sage and Danger on intel branch. Forge stays on the island but still supplies the weapons. Give to Zeb Wells with Josh Cassara on art duties.

Since both Eternals and X-men can come back to life, which may or may not change during this event, I want both sides to go all out on each other with characters dying left and right. I want every single fan favorite to bite the bullet at least once with Avengers watching from the sidelines in horror. At the end both resurrection processes are off the table, both sides agree to not do this again and this trend of repeatedly killing characters and resurrecting them one page later finally ends.

Do I think this will happen? No
    Would it piss off a lot of people? Yes
    Would I enjoy it? Hell yes
    Last edited by Doom'nGloom; 06-19-2022 at 11:32 AM.

Incredible Member

Absolutely nothing will happen,especally if this event basically falls on it's face like previous ones did.