Page 24 of 116 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474 ... LastLast

Since they announced a sole writer (Gillen) and one penciler (Schiti) for the event, it is probably a minisseries. I would also say something around 6 issues based on recent events.

X-men, Immortal X-men, Eternals and Avengers will get tie-ins in their own monthly books. And there will be probably some other one-shots and minisseries as tie-ins, as usual.

Aaron's Avengers is unreadable, I'm certainly ignoring that. I blame myself for everytime I gave that book a chance.

I'm genuinely excited about this event. And I haven't been able to say that about Marvel's crossover events in recent years. I was worried that this would basically be Avengers vs. X-Men 2. This looks like it's a lot more complicated than your typical superhero civil war. It feels like an overdue clash of sorts. It's already well-established that the Celestials had a hand in creating mutants. Now, with the Eternals having such a high profile, it makes sense for them to finally clash. It's hard to know what sort of role the Avengers will play. But Kieron Gillen is writing it. So, I'm very interested in seeing how it plays out.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Spectacular Member

As an x-men fan I can’t see this going well for the x-men. Seeing Marvels comics track record of how the x-men are treated in marvel wide summer blockbuster events. The Eternals are getting a big push because of their movie and the Avengers are the Avengers so the short end of the stick is going to fall on the x-men, as always. I just hope we will at least see some x-men get a nice moment or two in there.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dev View Post
    As an x-men fan I can’t see this going well for the x-men. Seeing Marvels comics track record of how the x-men are treated in marvel wide summer blockbuster events. The Eternals are getting a big push because of their movie and the Avengers are the Avengers so the short end of the stick is going to fall on the x-men, as always. I just hope we will at least see some x-men get a nice moment or two in there.
    The mutants were always the good guys in these events. I don't get how people thought that Marvel was ever making them the villains.

This time it's a bit different because the mutants aren't in danger of anything, they are super over powered, and have no one above them. They have everyone under them.

I can see this being stupid though. Like Storm could've funneled the Terrigen cloud into an uninhabited island, or a box in one second. But they forgot that they had someone who could control the weather and clouds.

They might be smart and make them friends because they're all superheros and fight villains in every story they do.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    The mutants were always the good guys in these events. I don't get how people thought that Marvel was ever making them the villains.

This time it's a bit different because the mutants aren't in danger of anything, they are super over powered, and have no one above them. They have everyone under them.

I can see this being stupid though. Like Storm could've funneled the Terrigen cloud into an uninhabited island, or a box in one second. But they forgot that they had someone who could control the weather and clouds.

They might be smart and make them friends because they're all superheros and fight villains in every story they do.
    I think I wasn’t clear in my previous post. I am not expecting the x-men to be villains, but clearly that I except the eternals to have the upper hand really quickly and through the help of the avengers and the arrival of the 4th group teased by Marvel the x-men will get away. Even though the x-men are the strongest group of meta-humans on the planet. And for the x-men being treated poorly in previous events. Just look in how many events the x-men almost never show up on the main book ( often only one token member, most often Wolverine) and almost always get relegated to a meaningless side mini.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dev View Post
    I think I wasn’t clear in my previous post. I am not expecting the x-men to be villains, but clearly that I except the eternals to have the upper hand really quickly and through the help of the avengers and the arrival of the 4th group teased by Marvel the x-men will get away. Even though the x-men are the strongest group of meta-humans on the planet. And for the x-men being treated poorly in previous events. Just look in how many events the x-men almost never show up on the main book ( often only one token member, most often Wolverine) and almost always get relegated to a meaningless side mini.
    I’m pretty sure the plot is going to involve the Exiled Eternals, X-men, and Avengers teaming to take down Thanos, who was so powerful at one point that just with a fraction of the power gems power took on all of Earth’s heroes.

Like…Krakoa is literally a society of deathless constantly Respawning meta humans with an extremely wide array of powers who can no longer die. I’m not sure how that’s not enough, or if you just want the event to be a curbstomp, which would be satisfying for a few select fans for all of 1/4th of an issue.

So mutants are the offspring of the deviants, so the Eternals will definately be coming for them and the Avengers will side with the X-Men.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    So mutants are the offspring of the deviants, so the Eternals will definately be coming for them and the Avengers will side with the X-Men.
    Okay, it’s Druig saying that though. Why are people taking that at face value?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    I’m pretty sure the plot is going to involve the Exiled Eternals, X-men, and Avengers teaming to take down Thanos, who was so powerful at one point that just with a fraction of the power gems power took on all of Earth’s heroes.

Like…Krakoa is literally a society of deathless constantly Respawning meta humans with an extremely wide array of powers who can no longer die. I’m not sure how that’s not enough, or if you just want the event to be a curbstomp, which would be satisfying for a few select fans for all of 1/4th of an issue.
    Oh I agree with you, it’s just that I am afraid that marvel doesn’t see it that way, seeing their trackrecord of how marvel comics handles/portrays the x-men in big summer events.

Mighty Member

Cause X-fans don't read anything but X-books. So nuance or people who are known liars lying are foreign concepts to them, cause all they see is "this group is against the X-men RAWR"

Astonishing Member

People with giant chips on their shoulders maybe shouldn't come into other forums and throw stones. Makes you look goofy. Just saying.

Okay, the creative team has gotten me hyped for this.

Still not really excited for possible hero vs hero shenanigans, but I wpuldn't mind seeing someone, hell anyone punch Stark in the face.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    Cause X-fans don't read anything but X-books. So nuance or people who are known liars lying are foreign concepts to them, cause all they see is "this group is against the X-men RAWR"
    See the real problem is this train of thought. I read gillien's eternals (lol freudian slip i guess. lol) and saw the movie but from a purely objective standpoint in what sense does it make sense from any standpoint that your expectation is that your audience would know something so nuanced about a specific character such as he is a liar. So either what he is saying is literal or you may as well toss this event now because it's being taken for granted new readers should know something that in fact overall is mundane.
    Last edited by jwatson; 02-02-2022 at 03:23 PM. Reason: i said inhumans intead of eternals.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I'm pretty sure that it was briefly suggested in Avengers #39 also
    Last edited by PhoenixThanos; 02-02-2022 at 03:34 PM.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)