Page 13 of 116 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post
    So pretty much the implied same origin as regular MU...except were not just the Deviants. We got Deviants, gods, Eternals, rebels/non attilanites Inhumans, Aliens, Demons,other dimensional things, and occasionally elves with guns. Oddly enough not the throbbing giant sized man-thing. He, dislike swamp thing, is kind of caste guy.
    Earth is the ThoT of multiverse apparently...or perhaps Milf?
    lol, this made me laugh more than it should have

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    The GAYS, lol.
    Deviance: the fact or state of departing from usual or accepted standards, especially in social or sexual behavior.

The word deviance connotes odd or unacceptable behavior, but in the sociological sense of the word, deviance is simply any violation of society's norms.
    How apropos, even if it's really on the nose & a lil' dicey. Not like it's the first time, as this has historical, real-world connotations. But I say...

BRING IT, imposters!!

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    …or in the most likely scenario just screw over the Eternals for this.

So I'm guessing Fantastic Four will be beefing with mutants again when their MCU film drops too?

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    So I'm guessing Fantastic Four will be beefing with mutants again when their MCU film drops too?
    Why would they? Against Xavier, sure, but mutants at large?

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    The "QC are bad" ship has long since sailed. Krakoa's government is corrupt, that was pretty much the tagline for Inferno.
    There is a difference between a book with characters that do bad things going to extremes to keep their kind safe or set up an safe enviornment and a book specifically targetted to make a group look as bad as possible even going so far as to isolate it's more " moral" characters. I don't need immortal to end up actually being a companion book to eternals. jmho though. i don't buy to hate read which is why i don't say a word about Death of Wolverine because i'm not going to comment on something i have no interest in or flat out decided not to read.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

and that's not even touching on the optics of like PolarIce mentioned and i alluded too, the gays, the blacks, the jews, the other. And then a predominantly white group of eternals who have been around for nothing are suppose to wake up and just what? pass judgement on mutants? Well okay. One thing some x-fans will do is confront it head on with logic and context, so i hope that script tight. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Reading the tea leaves, I sense only a single word:

REDEFINE!

For instance, I've always thought of the recurring, blue skin motif, as a rather curious coincidence. It appears in mutants, Atlanteans, Post-Humans...
    *the Kree!*

Food for thought:

Quote Originally Posted by PolarIceFire View Post
    Just saying, randomness?

Or designed... engineered?

REDEFINE!

For instance, I've always thought of the recurring, blue skin motif, as a rather curious coincidence. It appears in mutants, Atlanteans, Post-Humans...
    *the Kree!*

Food for thought:

Just saying, randomness?

Well I have said multiple times but there are some common thread in all MU. Color blue, but also GREEN, (skrulls, poppupians and many others) interesting enough, gamma mutates orbit more around green(and mean) sometimes Red(hot chili pepper), oddly they also manifest the (smooth)Grey. But never, except for one case, blue. The case in question was Rick "the enabler" Jones who had his dna effed up soooooo hard by multiple sources, as well as being friend with lot of superheroes, amongst them OG Captain Marvel. You know in this Eternals, mutants and other human descended species that I inhabit the planet( hey and the atlanteans!?) A.I., cyborgs and mutated one wonder wher Gamma Mutates and Web singers fit, given their weird mystical/mutated/outchild get our power but are not mutants somehow/we are always clashing with Wolverine oh please keep the canadian away( seriously wtf the common ground of everyone in MU is,,,,Logan? )

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Super ehhhhh on this, but I'm team Krakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    I'm an Avengers and Inhumans fan, and I hate these plots.
    Nonetheless this one in particular is an old recurring one in Marvel Universe, with a sort of "historical" if not 100% canon(but what canon means in a fictional universe run by multiple generations of multiple authors).
    Mutants being the descendants of Deviants(and perhaps Eternals themselves) or even the various deities and demons who SCREW around earth(in all sense of the term) since the begin of times is something that come back in comic pages(usually cosmic ones, sometimes what ifs
    or AU). Once time there was this trend of presenting the possibility that all mutates of Earth (including spidey) were possibly latent mutants whose incomplete xgene was activated /derailed by external sources (much like what was once time assumed happens to scarlet witch and Cthon). So yeah not new thing, infact only surprise is how direct and open they are this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Super ehhhhh on this, but I'm team Krakoa.
    Oh personally I am on "team good guys" vs " "team assholes" and all the groups have their fair share of both( sometimes good guy breaking like assholes and bad guy presenting themselves as good guys)

Astonishing Member

The bulk of the Eternals are led by Thanos, and the only other powerful faction is having a psychotic tantrum that the Celestials favor humans over Eternals; it’s fairly clear who the bad guys are

So are they going to make mutants as descended from deviants? Perhaps that’s how they will introduce mutants in MCU.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

REDEFINE!

*the Kree!*

Food for thought:

Just saying, randomness?

Ehh those CBR article titles are just click baity. Wouldn't really put much emphasis on what the article says.

But hey stranger things have happened and we might get beyond omega iceman and Polaris who are celestial level.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I will add though the "The Mutants." Feels very "you people." like why specifically "The mutants" rather than "we missed some. mutants" it actually does make druig sound hateful. But then i kind of imagine mothers against everything pearl clutching over the idea of mutants being connected to something called deviants or actually being deviants like how many are really going to do the research. Just seems a weird or deliberate choice.
    It's giving "THE GAYS" "THE BLACKS" in particular. Specifically the gays as deviant has been used as an insult for queer people for centuries. Hell the Bible aka God Almighty even calls us abominations lol.