Page 15 of 116 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post
    I always wondered how pwerful Magneto or Lorna could be around a Magnatar(google it, is a magnetic star...with crazy powerful magnetic field)
    Aren't they supposed to generate their own magnetism? Also magneto has performed feats which transcend the magnetic fields of a magnetic star the break world bullet being the prime example.

Quote Originally Posted by PolarIceFire View Post
    No lies detected. But even as puff pieces, there still encouraging & fun to read. It's just speculation, like we do on here, really.

I don't think Bobby & Lorna will ever be as powerful as a Celestial on their own, and I would never really want them to be, honestly. They're already OP as it is, and have to be kept fenced-in so to speak, when on teams. My thoughts were that there might be revelatory things of a... DNA nature, say, that could be used to distinguish certain members of mutantdom. The 12's whole point, in fact, was basically being the combined circuit needed...

that could achieve Celestial power levels.

This, to the letter. But you know what, to hell with them! We'll take that intended bad branding, and we'll wear it as a badge, shield, and sword!!! We can embrace it with honor & pride, and use it as source of strength, if we choose to.
    Yeah but when we have omega levels like jean and legion being aloe to bitch slap abstract demons and cosmic gods like nightmare, galactus and erasing limbo elder gods and you start to wonder imare celestial even the upper ceiling anymore? I mean shit we even have Jamie being sooo powerful he can warp the reality in the white hot room a place which is supposed to be the domain of the somnipotent cosmic fire chicken.

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    Yeah but when we have omega levels like jean and legion being aloe to bitch slap abstract demons and cosmic gods like nightmare, galactus and erasing limbo elder gods and you start to wonder imare celestial even the upper ceiling anymore? I mean shit we even have Jamie being sooo powerful he can warp the reality in the white hot room a place which is supposed to be the domain of the somnipotent cosmic fire chicken.
    When was this?
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Basically inferno 2.0 aka the white only event.

Immortal X-Men is going to be like gandolf coming back even whiter than before lol.

I know I have beat this dead horse but Gillen not focusing on storm sounds like a win to me as a storm fan. The guy truly doesn't know what to do with the charchter and I respect that he knows he isn't good with certain Charachters, afterall to sell the book and write a good story you gotta play to your strengths. I heard from his interview that he enjoys and does well with more antagonistic charchters rather than heroic charchters. Those who have ulterior motives and such. All I can say is Good luck to them, but I know for a fact that this book will look stunning and I can't wait to see more Lukas storm art. Mmmmmmmm.
    I think Gillen said in the interview that he was considering focusing on one member of congress in each of the first 12 issues.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Bruh, go read on what a metaphor is before asking me these questions. Or you could take your own advice after all it ain't that deep.
    Exactly. It's a bad metaphor. That's why people gotta stop acting like saying "the mutants" is the same as real world racism when they're predominantly non-POC and not even of the LGBTQI+ community.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post
    I always wondered how pwerful Magneto or Lorna could be around a Magnatar(google it, is a magnetic star...with crazy powerful magnetic field)
    That is the traditional way their powers worked leaching off the electromagnetic fields of celestial bodies. Most writers today don't put in that kind of research into how their powers supposedly worked.

In terms of leaching off a much more powerful celestial body they would still be limited by their nervous system which channels the energy through their body. Leaching too much god level power comes with consequences.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    This marketing gimmick is such a meme now, Marvel should embrace the schlock and double down on it. Moon Knight has a show coming up, where's the Moon Knight vs X-Men event? How about She-Hulk vs X-Men? Kamala Khan vs X-Men
    World War X! Where some concerned humans (Reed, Tony) attempt to shuffle mutantkind off of Earth 'for their own good' and the mutants come back angry and itching for payback!

Gwenpool vs. X! Gwenpool breaks the 4th wall as she effortlessly punks most of the population of Krakoa, miffed that she was told she couldn't live there. At the end, she concludes that she doesn't really like the climate and leaves anyway.

X vs X! The mutants of the Age of Apocalypse flee their crumbling timeline en masse, invading 616 and attempting to make a new home for themselves, if necessary, by replacing the local residents!

I honestly expect a Krakoa Civil War in a couple of years.

Astonishing Member

All I'm saying is if Sersi ends up being one of the Eternals for some reason fighting the X-Men, and they haven't yet followed up on what Absolon Mercator's doing in Otherworld and thus don't bring him into this? Huge wasted opportunity to show overpowered transmutation vs overpowered transmutation.

Sersi: *turns everything around Mercator into butterflies*

Mercator: *turns Sersi's butterfly attack and everything else around her into bigger butterflies*

Everyone else, stopping what they're doing to stare at the Sersi vs Mercator 'fight': Uh I don't think you guys understood the assignment.

Sersi & Mercator: No, don't worry, I'm definitely winning.

So if the "mutants are Deviants" theory is true, does this have any implications for the "mutants are destined to inherit the Earth" thing?

Like, when Deviants ruled the world, things were REALLY bad for humans.
    Last edited by LordUltimus; 01-29-2022 at 07:15 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    World War X! Where some concerned humans (Reed, Tony) attempt to shuffle mutantkind off of Earth 'for their own good' and the mutants come back angry and itching for payback!

Gwenpool vs. X! Gwenpool breaks the 4th wall as she effortlessly punks most of the population of Krakoa, miffed that she was told she couldn't live there. At the end, she concludes that she doesn't really like the climate and leaves anyway.

X vs X! The mutants of the Age of Apocalypse flee their crumbling timeline en masse, invading 616 and attempting to make a new home for themselves, if necessary, by replacing the local residents!
    Funny enough, thanks to Gwenpool Strikes Back by Leah Williams, Gwenpool currently resides on Krakoa as a mutant. Wonder if she'll run into Quentin Quire again at some point. That said, a Krakoan Schism/Civil War could be something.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    So if the "mutants are Deviants" theory is true, does this have any implications for the "mutants are destined to inherit the Earth" thing?

LOL! You love the mutants so much.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    I think Gillen said in the interview that he was considering focusing on one member of congress in each of the first 12 issues.
    Oh God no.
    ksganti-htgawm.jpg

Give emma or exodus the storm issue they deserve it! Even Selene... my mother has got no love this entire era two immortal xmen books focusing on just her would be epic.

But on another hand Lukas will be drawing storm.... hmmm I will forget how to read when that issue comes.
    Last edited by Reigna; 01-30-2022 at 01:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    Exactly. It's a bad metaphor. That's why people gotta stop acting like saying "the mutants" is the same as real world racism when they're predominantly non-POC and not even of the LGBTQI+ community.
    Bruh it's a metaphor for in real life minorities and their shiny stars are almost always straight white and mostly Male.
    It kinda is what it is looking at demographics and what sells the most, cause mind you marvel is a business first and foremost. I mean yeah you could say that diversity opens up demographics but do you really think that they would risk it as much as just going with the proven formula? Especially when writers who try to include more sexual and racial minorities into the stories get threatened fixed and harassed for being woke?

Yeah no.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post

At this point I dont even know why the whole we would inherit the earth thing is even a thing anymore especially after planet sized xmen. The mutants just proved they could terra form a planet in literal minutes to hours. And it would be better than earth. Infact in another comic released late last year storm proved she could single handedly do a lot of the things that could go into terraforming a dead world. And she is the weather manipulator now imagine what the reality warping and matter manipulating omega can do alone let alone together.

If the humans want the earth soo bad they should have it the mutants can easily revive dead worlds and can theoretically even create new ones.

Yeah yeah you could say human attachments and stuff but they could commute krakoan gates exist and it can be engineered to allow specific people to enter.

I am just soo tired of the struggle stories and the look at them they shouldn't exist stories. And now they are deviants?

*eye roll*