Page 18 of 116 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast

Gillen as the sole writer increases my confidence in this by a lot. His Eternals is great, and he wrote basically the only parts of Avengers vs. X-Men where the X-Men were treated right (Uncanny and Consequences), so if anyone can pull off a vs., it's him.

Astonishing Member

I’m assuming the Avengers think it’s a case of hero v hero solely because they (and anyone under 600k years of age) don’t know just what a monster Uranos is (considering how the Eternals fuel their immortality; a lot of humans and deviants died before he was stopped)

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Sweet! Both Logan and Cable are there. And Jean is rocking her new costume, which looks dope. Looks like Storm’s X-men Red squad will be part of the fight after all since her, Magneto and Cable are all present.

I will add, not sure why Cable is like two heads taller than Sinister there. Can’t see his feet (very Liefeld-esque), so maybe he’s standing on something. *shrugs*
    How does gillen write cable... I hope it is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    How does gillen write cable... I hope it is good.
    Cable was dead during Gillen's time on the X-Men, since he started right after Second Coming when Cable died and left right before Marvel NOW! when Cable came back. Not sure he's ever written him in any major capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Their trying to be, but considering Uranos is on the Eternals side they won’t have choice but to side with Krakoa

Uranos. Brother of Kronos and Thena/Starfox/Thanos’ omnicidal great uncle
    Interesting. Looks like Marvel’s version of Darkseid. I may have to check out Eternals to learn more about him, but the way he and Nathan are staring one another down looks ominous. I know not to read much of anything into a cover, but would love to see them go toe-to-toe in this event. I’d imagine he’s pretty powerful, so perhaps be careful what you wish for…

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Cable was dead during Gillen's time on the X-Men, since he started right after Second Coming when Cable died and left right before Marvel NOW! when Cable came back. Not sure he's ever written him in any major capacity.
    Yeah, I don’t think he has. At least not to my recollection, which is pretty good when it comes to the character.

Gillen & Schiti? I'm there!
    Jean not in the miniskirt? Awesome!
    Echo with the Phoenix? Ew.
    Avengers living in a cosmic corpse? Ew.
    Avengers getting involved in mutant affairs yet again? Ew.
    Will mutants be revealed as not who the Celestials want to inherit the Earth but actually another form of Deviant? Ew.

'The X-Men have achieved immortality and mutants have taken their place as the dominant species on the planet. The Eternals have discovered long hidden knowledge about their species, including a devastating truth about mutantkind. The Avengers have come into direct conflict with the Celestials and are currently using a fallen Celestial as their base of operations, slowly unlocking its secrets… When the Eternals brazenly target the mutant nation of Krakoa, the Avengers try desperately to de-escalate a potentially apocalyptic war. But this is no simple conflict. The Eternals’ purpose cannot be denied and mutantkind’s future will not be threatened. And after the opening battles, new players and revelations for both sides will emerge as the inhabitants of the Marvel Universe are JUDGED by the greatest power they’ve ever come into contact with. '
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Astonishing Member

It might be that the Machine isn’t harvesting mutants they way it does Deviants and Humans and Ikaris & co want to extract whatever it is to shut down their own resurrection

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    While I'm mixed on another (inevitably forced) vs event, I'm even less enthused about the character choices here. It's so boring.

yes it's just a promotion image but if it's supposed to get me excited, they could focus less on the same 10 characters every event

Imagine being a Captain, but never actually leading the charge in any battles.
    They really won't let Bishop have a damn thing.

Eternals: Let's genocide mutants
    Mutants: Please, we do not want to suffer a genocide
    Avengers: Let's be equidistant, two don't fight if one doesn't want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    They really won't let Bishop have a damn thing.
    Pretty much. Cyclops is here, but when will Magik, Psylocke and Bishop be allowed to do something cool.

All the people saying that the Eternals are the bad guys because Uranos is there are forgetting that the X-Men have Sinister and Mystique on their side.

Now, did Uranos kill more people than those two combined? Probably. But let's not act as if the writers won't keep reminding us of that little factoid to cast a "morally gray" light on the X-Men. And I don't even think anyone outside of, say, Odin knows how depraved the Undying is.

I do like the Avengers are trying to deescalate a conflict for once. So much for them being cops.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Eternals: Let's genocide mutants
    Mutants: Please, we do not want to suffer a genocide
    Avengers: Let's be equidistant, two don't fight if one doesn't want to.
    Avengers: "There's very good people on both sides."

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    All the people saying that the Eternals are the bad guys because Uranos is there are forgetting that the X-Men have Sinister and Mystique on their side.

Now, did Uranos kill more people than those two combined? Probably. But let's not act as if the writers won't keep reminding us of that little factoid to cast a "morally gray" light on the X-Men. And I don't even think anyone outside of, say, Odin knows how depraved the Undying is.

I do like the Avengers are trying to deescalate a conflict for once. So much for them being cops.
    it feels like they've been included here because of all the bitching about them not being involved in IvX.
    though he's not in the promo i wonder if thanos will still be king of the eternals when this happens?

Astonishing Member

Well my fellow Avengers and Eternals fans, time to hide under a rock till this blows over. Based on past events like this, it should be safe to venture forth once again in..2027? Should we do 28 to be safe? Let’s do 28

Is there a release date on this? I'm thinking if it comes out in June, then Immortal will only have 4 issues out. Will I like that Gillen is leading the whole thing, it's still not great to have a new series so intimately tied up in an event.