Page 2 of 116 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I'm kinda shocked Duggan's X-Men would be tied into this, doesn't he only have a set amount of time with this team before the next gala? Seems like a waste to tie into it, just like Gillen handle that in immortal x-men.
    Next gala is nothing but a waste of time,paper and ink.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    I'm torn see, because I find Gillen's Eternals actually really interesting, but everything about Aaron's Avengers just makes me wish I could psionically blow up my own brain just to erase the memories of ever having seen any of it.
    This right here.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Judgement Day, you say?

I mean, we already have Karima sent back in time by Skynet, and the X-Men apparently about to send Logan into the past as their discount-T800, so why not?

Astonishing Member

I’m assuming the Quiet Council and Celestials Priests* unite to destroy the Avengers while they are on the outs with all governments and T’Challa’s in the wind. There’s nothing more Modern Marvel than a mass slaughter of IPs they can’t use in the movies

*because if the QC are dumb enough to ally with Thanos they deserve whatever happens

Mighty Member

Ehh, it's a common tagline. Hopefully it's not connected at all, just the Marvel offices being uncreative.

Also, I don't think it means Judgement Day is happening on that issue. I'm pretty sure the Nimrod/ORCHIS plot will continue way past issue 9.

If this was a crossover event, we'd have already heard about at least 10 other tie ins.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    So is this going to relate to Aaron's crap about the Celestials in his Avengers run?
    Maybe the X-Men, Eternals and Celestials all get sick of Aaron’s Avengers using their cosmic stuff as power-ups to prop up bad stories and decide to wipe them out once and for all.

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    Ehh, it's a common tagline. Hopefully it's not connected at all, just the Marvel offices being uncreative.

Also, I don't think it means Judgement Day is happening on that issue. I'm pretty sure the Nimrod/ORCHIS plot will continue way past issue 9.

If this was a crossover event, we'd have already heard about at least 10 other tie ins.
    It's definitely connected, are you serious?

Eternals #10 (the issue in questioned) was announced as the "lead-in to the biggest Marvel Comics storyline of 2022" and the start of an an "all-out" Avengers vs. Eternals war".

Judgement Day has obvious connotations with the Celestials (the biggest connecter btw the Avengers & Eternals).

And we have an Avengers/X-Men FCBD special, by Duggan and Gillen (also the writers of the two issues shown here), which "will lay the groundwork for a 2022 Marvel Universe event that "drastically alters" the relationship between mutantkind and the Earth's Mightiest Heroes."

The reason we haven't seen tie-ins yet is because this is all still lead-ins. We will see tie-ins when the event is fully announced.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    I’m assuming the Quiet Council and Celestials Priests* unite to destroy the Avengers while they are on the outs with all governments and T’Challa’s in the wind. There’s nothing more Modern Marvel than a mass slaughter of IPs they can’t use in the movies

*because if the QC are dumb enough to ally with Thanos they deserve whatever happens
    You haven't read Eternals, haven't you?

The X-Men destroyed the body of the Celestial Tiamut; the Avengers are living inside the carcass of the Celestial Primogenitor; the remaining Celestials have left, abandoning the Eternals. The Eternals didn't take it well; some of them are pissed...

Most Eternals are too busy with their own infighting to bother the superheroes, but the few most religious ones aren't going to leave them alone: Makkari wants to gather the pieces of Tiamut and the Primogenitor and create a new god, Frankenstein style. Ajax wants to kill the heathens who defiled the bodies of their gods.

Quote Originally Posted by rcaguy View Post
    Next gala is nothing but a waste of time,paper and ink.
    If you can't dress just say that

If Aaron is anywhere near this I'll sit this one out.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    I’d wager he’s moving over to Avengers Forever, which is time-travel/multiverse based; while the stage for whatever event is coming is being set by Gillen & Duggan

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    Sounds good.
    Yeah, real good.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    Amen to that
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Yeah, I'm worried about Aaron's possible involvement. But if Gillen is steering the ship, I'm somewhat excited.
    Duggan can be hit or miss for me. Hopefully we get the one who wrote Planet Size X-men and not X-men Green or the last few issues of X-men.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    I'm torn see, because I find Gillen's Eternals actually really interesting, but everything about Aaron's Avengers just makes me wish I could psionically blow up my own brain just to erase the memories of ever having seen any of it.
    I dropped the Avengers comic quiere sometime ago. I’m not buying again until he is off the Avengers.

What are Avengers sales like, I wonder? Is the book popular?