Page 22 of 116 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272 ... LastLast

I'm just glad that Aaron isn't the main writer, but I'm worried about his tie-ins. I didn't read anything about tie-ins, but I guess that with such a large cast, it's confirmed.

Besides that, I think that tie-ins could be an interesting place to explore some interactions between Eternals and mutants.

Astonishing Member

In all fairness, the really interesting angle about this crossover that ideally I'd love to be explored is that for all that they're calling mutants Deviants....the new mutant society has way more in common with the Eternals. A potentially immortal civilization with built in resurrection and with control over their gifts rather than being at the mercy of their mutations the way Deviant society is at the mercy of the Change. But a huge theme of the current Eternals comic is how Eternals society essentially has stagnated, and Sersi's faction are seeking a new way of life, and thus there's like....inherent potential for mutants to look at the potential threat of stagnation a society much like what they've just built can hold, while the Lemurian Eternals can look at a society that has so much in common with how they started out, but a vast potential for change and ongoing evolution more akin to the Deviants than the Eternals, but without Eternals facing the biological compulsion to kill that they feel among Deviants when the Change happens, which is a constant danger as long as they live in Lemuria. (Because like, no matter the connection between mutants and Deviants, its clear that the Eternals aren't 'programmed' to react to them the same way they are to Deviants, because they've been around mutants for years without so much as a single issue and hell, Sersi was surrounded by mutants when she attended the Hellfire Gala).

Tbh, I wouldn't be totally shocked if a 'twist' ending is that despite how the event starts, it ends with at least some Eternals like Sersi's faction staying and living among mutants.
    Last edited by BobbysWorld; 02-01-2022 at 07:48 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    In all fairness, the really interesting angle about this crossover that ideally I'd love to be explored is that for all that they're calling mutants Deviants....the new mutant society has way more in common with the Eternals. A potentially immortal civilization with built in resurrection and with control over their gifts rather than being at the mercy of their mutations the way Deviant society is at the mercy of the Change. But a huge theme of the current Eternals comic is how Eternals society essentially has stagnated, and Sersi's faction are seeking a new way of life, and thus there's like....inherent potential for mutants to look at the potential threat of stagnation a society much like what they've just built can hold, while the Lemurian Eternals can look at a society that has so much in common with how they started out, but a vast potential for change and ongoing evolution more akin to the Deviants than the Eternals, but without Eternals facing the biological compulsion to kill that they feel among Deviants when the Change happens, which is a constant danger as long as they live in Lemuria. (Because like, no matter the connection between mutants and Deviants, its clear that the Eternals aren't 'programmed' to react to them the same way they are to Deviants, because they've been around mutants for years without so much as a single issue and hell, Sersi was surrounded by mutants when she attended the Hellfire Gala).

Tbh, I wouldn't be totally shocked if a 'twist' ending is that despite how the event starts, it ends with at least some Eternals like Sersi's faction staying and living among mutants.
    I mean I've been joking that Black Bolt should be sending the Mutants Cease and Desist demands for copyright infringement for months now. It's honestly kinda funny how Marvel just decided to essentially make Mutants like the things they tried to replace Mutants with.

Mighty Member

I can't for a second see Sersi's faction forgoing the deviants in exchange for mutants beyond one being more "ON BRAND" given their much stronger ties with the Deviants who've not gone anywhere. There's an overall lack of history and just no tension there.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    I mean I've been joking that Black Bolt should be sending the Mutants Cease and Desist demands for copyright infringement for months now. It's honestly kinda funny how Marvel just decided to essentially make Mutants like the things they tried to replace Mutants with.
    In what way? There are none of the things that define the inhumans before they tried to replace Mutants. No secret, reclusive society. No caste system. No royal family. No slaves.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    In what way? There are none of the things that define the inhumans before they tried to replace Mutants. No secret, reclusive society. No caste system. No royal family. No slaves.
    The Inhumans haven't had a caste system or slaves in decades.

And Krakoa is a reclusive society, hence the point about no humans.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Yikes! Storm needs to ditch the headpiece... Or are those supposed to be earrings?

And, who signed off on putting that charlatan Echo on the same cover with Jean Grey?
    Last edited by Micabe; 02-01-2022 at 09:01 PM.

Astonishing Member

I do love the Celestial corpse in the background going all Siskel and Ebert on the proceedings.

"Hello everyone, I'm Ge'neal Sisko of the Celestial Tribute and this is my co-host, Ro'gar Ebert of the Sersei Star. We're here to review Avengers vs X-men vs Eternals, and quite honestly neither of us could rate this thumbs up or thumbs down this time"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    I can't for a second see Sersi's faction forgoing the deviants in exchange for mutants beyond one being more "ON BRAND" given their much stronger ties with the Deviants who've not gone anywhere. There's an overall lack of history and just no tension there.
    *Shrugs* Just a guess as to a twist I could see the writers pulling in pursuit of a nonviolent resolution/compromise of some kind, and its not like the Eternals would have to abandon their actual emotional ties to the Deviants in exchange for nonexistent ones with mutants if the takeaway is just that they can learn the things they're trying to learn by living among Deviant society by living among mutants instead.....without posing a threat to them the way they inherently pose to Deviants whether they want to be or not.

Incidentally, all this talk of Eternals, Deviants and Celestials has me thinking about a really old series that had characters I liked....not sure why they would show up here lol nor do I expect them to, but its as good a place to ask this as anywhere else....anyone else remember the Young Gods? Wish someone would bring them back, they had some really interesting backgrounds, perspectives and powers.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    The avengers did that whole fight for the phoenix just for her to be on their side??
    Steve so hypocritical
    Tbf there's a diff. in that Hope couldn't control it and asked Logan to off her, and then needed Wanda to get rid of it finally both thngs w/ Scott's X-men weren't willing to do.Echo has her own bag of problems but she has been able to keep it fairly under control for a while, not to mention they had a tournament to choose who gets it.Writing's dumb in both AvX and the latter but it is what it is

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    Honestly while I like Gillen’s work and trust him to be more nuanced and even handed than most want him to be, I have no faith in this not resulting in a thousand days of night for any fan of both the X-men and one/both of the other groups involved. The only question is, who is the fandom going to pick to replace Wanda for this new decade as fandom scapegoat?
    X twitter's already a hellscape, Comic Avengers don't have much of a twitter presence and what little they do doesn't care for the X rivalry stuff.

Mighty Member

I mean most other comic fans don't bother to care about what X-fans think so it's really just X-fans preening like usual.

It'll be a well written book considering Gillen's excellent at this stuff and has been seeding stuff for a year now

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    I mean most other comic fans don't bother to care about what X-fans think so it's really just X-fans preening like usual.

It'll be a well written book considering Gillen's excellent at this stuff and has been seeding stuff for a year now
    Reading his eternals rn and it slaps, I'm excited for the actual comic but not the discussion around it

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is there any Marvel team/group that hasn't become embroiled in a hero vs hero conflict at some point?

Jean with freckles!
    Freckles or Age Spots?

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Oh No, the Avengers with Starbrand and Namor this sux, I hate the Avengers 1,000,000 BC and anything to do with them.
    Will Thanos be the big bad they face at the end ?, he is currently the Prime Eternal after all.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    The Inhumans haven't had a caste system or slaves in decades.

And Krakoa is a reclusive society, hence the point about no humans.
    Yet there are humans living on Krakoa?
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!