Page 5 of 116 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

I really hope that they won't all be involved because the line will literally be a month or two into the Destiny of X storylines. There's nothing that ruins a "fresh start" more than forced crossovers.

It should really be a rule that books can't be part of crossovers until they've gotten at least one full arc/ trade out of the way.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I really hope that they won't all be involved because the line will literally be a month or two into the Destiny of X storylines. There's nothing that ruins a "fresh start" more than forced crossovers.

It should really be a rule that books can't be part of crossovers until they've gotten at least one full arc/ trade out of the way.
    You have a point. I wouldn't put those books which are new and just relaunched but most of the books like X-Force, Excalibur or X-Men arent different at all. But Immortal X-Men shoudn't be involved because this book really needs time and space which haven't been provided before.
    Last edited by Vishop; 12-29-2021 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    You have a point. I wouldn't put those books which are new and just relaunched but most of the books like X-Force, Excalibur or X-Men arent different at all. But Immortal X-Men shoudn't be involved because this book really needs time and space which haven't been provided before.
    I feel like Immortal X-Men will definitely be involved with Gillen steering the ship. On the bright side since it's partially his event he can probably plan things to flow well.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Wouldn't Kang just wipe the floor w/ them?

Maybe Kang Moira stuff though, Kang wants to control/conquer and here's someone who can and has taken everything from him
    Let's also not forget beast has some of the same Tech kang has. In uncanny inhumans when kang tried to erase them from existence it was beast device that sensed the temporal change and took them out of time so he could save the inhumans. So while kang is very powerful he isn't infallible.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Celestials- We have come to judge earth tell me are humans worth saving

Avengers- Yes we are not perfect but we are worthy

Mutants- ...........

Eternals- .......I mean some of them

Deviants- FADLFAJFOJEWFJOJSFAJDAOF

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Let's also not forget beast has some of the same Tech kang has. In uncanny inhumans when kang tried to erase them from existence it was beast device that sensed the temporal change and took them out of time so he could save the inhumans. So while kang is very powerful he isn't infallible.
    Yeah but he still made Ahura attack the Inhumans through time without causing other alterations to it and he almost succeed if not for Beast. The guy is basically a wizard with time. Still X-men has a pretty good chance. I haven't read much on him much but Kang can basically cheat his way by killing you as a baby but he doesn't take it as it would be to easy. Then he faces you head on which tends to blow up in his face. Still the guy has infinite prep time when you think about it. I really like time manipulation as a power. It's so unconventional you can't just overpower your way out of it unless the opponent makes a big mistake.
    Last edited by Doom'nGloom; 12-29-2021 at 01:43 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I feel like Immortal X-Men will definitely be involved with Gillen steering the ship. On the bright side since it's partially his event he can probably plan things to flow well.
    I don't think I have seen a writer being comfortable writing his book with another bunch of characters setting ground in crossover especially if the book is exclusive. A Quiet Council book is already late to it's dispatch after 2 or 3 years. This book really needs ground before anything.
    Last edited by Vishop; 12-29-2021 at 06:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Wouldn't Kang just wipe the floor w/ them?

Maybe Kang Moira stuff though, Kang wants to control/conquer and here's someone who can and has taken everything from him
    Kang could kill almost anybody if he used his tech to the greatest effect. Like, he could re-create the High-Evolutionary anti-mutant powers net of satellites to keep their powers neutralized, open a portal and throw an antimatter bomb at Krakoa, then unleash a million Nimrods to sweep the survivors...

But the thing with Kang is, he doesn't fight smart. He doesn't want to fight smart. He wants a challenge... deep down he is still that young nerd who dreamed of being a cool adventurer/warrior/hero... he doesn't want to throw a missile at a dragon, he wants to kill a dragon with a sword...

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    Kang could kill almost anybody if he used his tech to the greatest effect. Like, he could re-create the High-Evolutionary anti-mutant powers net of satellites to keep their powers neutralized, open a portal and throw an antimatter bomb at Krakoa, then unleash a million Nimrods to sweep the survivors...

But the thing with Kang is, he doesn't fight smart. He doesn't want to fight smart. He wants a challenge... deep down he is still that young nerd who dreamed of being a cool adventurer/warrior/hero... he doesn't want to throw a missile at a dragon, he wants to kill a dragon with a sword...
    This is bassically what Bastion tried to do in Second Coming, including the time travel element, the X-men are used to this kind of attacks but it would certainly be an epic fight
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

I may or may not read. I'm not really into the Eternals, I've lost interest in the Avengers with Aaron's run, but I am intent to still read some of the X-books. A lot will depend on the actual theme and creative team.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post

That's actually a good summation of why Kang is constantly failing against the late 20th/early 21st century superheroes of the Marvel Universe.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

One thing to consider is that Kang (as Victor Timely) provided the information/tech foundations for the Horton to create artificial life, which Trask then used to create the Sentinels (it’s why the US Government stopped using OG Sentinels directly, the one time they used them against a non-mutant target (Kang), he hacked them easily)

And, of course, we can thank him for Apocalypse, and for the Celestials being annoyed at the mutants over Exitar

I'm hype for this. Gillen's Eternals has been great so I'm eager to read more of them. I just hope Aaron isn't involved.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    I'm hype for this. Gillen's Eternals has been great so I'm eager to read more of them. I just hope Aaron isn't involved.
    Aaron putting The Eternals with the phoenix

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    One thing to consider is that Kang (as Victor Timely) provided the information/tech foundations for the Horton to create artificial life, which Trask then used to create the Sentinels (it’s why the US Government stopped using OG Sentinels directly, the one time they used them against a non-mutant target (Kang), he hacked them easily)

And, of course, we can thank him for Apocalypse, and for the Celestials being annoyed at the mutants over Exitar
    Maybe that's where A.X.E. and Timeless are leading into . . . everybody vs. Kang!
    The spider is always on the hunt.