Page 51 of 116 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    Covers lie. As for previews, it seems the Avengers are going to capture and interrogate Sersi in order to learn what's really going on...
    I hope that part's true. I hope Sersi gets to play a sizable role in this. I always loved her.

Quote Originally Posted by Jv565 View Post
    Obviously you're not saying it's anyone here, but since you and I had the exchange, I'll clarify just who I am and where my energy goes in real life. I'm an outspoken member of the BLM movement, and even before that movement, I leant my voice, time, and energy to various organizations that strive for equality throughout the United States. Also, unless Liberace is still living, I'm the gayest person alive. So, yeah, the struggle for equality is both high on my list and a huge piece of my real life.

That being said, I totally agree with you. People who speak about such things should bak it up with action. That's part of the problem I had with the X-Men. I've enjoyed this back and forth. It's been enlightening and civilized, and I hope we can disagree about something fictional again in the future lol.
    Same here. I love good civil conversation and I love you didn't get offended so your words and actions speak volumes. Excelsior! Lol. But I also look forward to more topics we agree on too. Lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Incredible Member

Yeah. Those were terrible things. The thing that made them heroes is that, in spite of all of that, they didn't give up on humans as a whole. They didn't wash their hands and say 'to hell with them'. They stayed and they worked toward a peaceful coexistence.
    And it was long past time that they got off that road to nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Same here. I love good civil conversation and I love you didn't get offended so your words and actions speak volumes. Excelsior! Lol. But I also look forward to more topics we agree on too. Lol
    That’ll be fun too!

They are not, and that's the point. At least, for me, it is. I saw the allegory in it before. I saw the symmetry with the world and what the world is always going through in terms of people and how we treat each other. I want to believe that there's hope that we can be better, that we can do better. I want to believe that we're going to find a way (against all these odds) to put differences behind us and live together as the one people that we are. I used to see that in the X-Men. I used to see the hope for that. I don't see it anymore. Instead, I see a bunch of people who were treated badly and decided to protect themselves from that. While I can't blame them for doing that, I also don't have to like it. The X-Men used to be selfless to me. They used to fight for the people who hated them WHILE they were hating them. It was beautiful, and it was one of my favorite things about the book and characters. They've lost a bit of that these days for me, and while I understand it, it doesn't seem quite as heroic to me either.
    Maybe check out the upcoming Hellfire Gala special, on sale June 29th.:
    "Last summer your host Emma Frost invited you to celebrate Krakoa with some fireworks. This year, it's about celebrating mutantdom's friendship with humanity," Duggan explained.

We've seen a lot of Gala outfit designs for Avengers members, where last year they were just in their regular uniforms. Perhaps they'll be given "guests of honor" treatment.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

Honestly, I don't know if we ever got an answer in the last gala, but why did security keep Deadpool out last time but not Sinister? Yes, yes, member of the council, but you think an effort would have been made to keep Sinister away from human diplomats? Or Franklin Richards, although in that case Reed is too smart to let his son anywhere near Sinister. I get that to some extent part of the QC wants to push the fact they have heavy hitters around (otherwise Apocalypse would never have been a diplomat of Krakoa), but Sinister should be someone they wanted to keep quiet, especially after he tried to take over San Fransisco.

Outside that, did we ever get a follow up on Guardian getting recruited into Orchis? I think someone mentioned he showed up in an issue of Wolverine?

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    Honestly, I don't know if we ever got an answer in the last gala, but why did security keep Deadpool out last time but not Sinister? Yes, yes, member of the council, but you think an effort would have been made to keep Sinister away from human diplomats? Or Franklin Richards, although in that case Reed is too smart to let his son anywhere near Sinister. I get that to some extent part of the QC wants to push the fact they have heavy hitters around (otherwise Apocalypse would never have been a diplomat of Krakoa), but Sinister should be someone they wanted to keep quiet, especially after he tried to take over San Fransisco.

Outside that, did we ever get a follow up on Guardian getting recruited into Orchis? I think someone mentioned he showed up in an issue of Wolverine?
    Not sure if Deadpool being kept out was ever addressed again.

As for Guardian though, he was intrigued enough to start hanging with Gyrich but he wasn't a fan of the idea of dropping a SWORD station on Australia.

This was the last issue of SWORD and that's the last panel we see of Hudson before Brand kills Gyrich. Not sure if Hudson will show up in X-Men Red, I'm thinking probably not.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    But then by the logic what are cap and thor and iron man. Where were they, the heros when mutants were being persecuted. We can't have it both ways where only the other are to show heroism. So what are cap and daredevil and especially the street level heroes who saw the day to day suffering of mutants and did nothing.
    This is a problem with a shared universe in which a large segment of the fandom buys books for specific characters or sub-franchises. If every X-Men comic devoted half it's pages to what Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Spider-Man, the Hulk, Daredevil, etc. are doing to address mutant matters, a lot of *X-Men* fans, who bought the book titled 'X-Men' to read about Jean and Scott and Kurt and Logan and Cable and Ororo, would stop buying said books.

The writers can't win either way. Write about Cap, Thor, Tony, etc. and it pisses off both fans of those characters (since they are often not written particularly in-character, in other people's books), and fans of the X-Men, who wanted to read about the X-Men, in this X-Men book. *Don't* write about Cap, Tony, Thor, etc. and it's all 'wah, why didn't Thor show up and save the mutants?'

There's no win, either way. If the Avengers and the X-Men lived in adjacent universes, with occasional crossovers, it might make more sense for why stuff like Genosha can happen without not a single Avenger even knowing about it, let along doing something about it, or how Belasco can do all sorts of stuff to the New X-Men from across dimensions that the presence of Dr. Strange should have prevented him from doing (since Dr. Strange explicitly prevents extradimensional magical conquerors from popping over and kidnapping a bunch of people). But it wasn't a Dr. Strange story, in which that happened, it was a New X-Men story, and so Dr. Strange wasn't even considered by the writers. (And, as a fan of the New X-Men *and* Dr. Strange, I wouldn't have wanted some outsider showing up and hijacking a New X-Men story, *or* read Dr. Strange most likely being written OOC by writers who had no real experience with his character or powerset.)

It's even more egregious in other comics. Gotham city can be utterly devastated by something Superman or the Flash could address in literal seconds, and it can go on for *months* without either of them spending the half a breath it would take to address it. And Marvel has a few characters with similar abilities. If an alert goes out that something major is happening, Monica Rambeau has an Avengers alert card, and can zip around the entire planet *eight times a second*. There is no reason at all why she can't be at *every* newsworthy event, in every title, from Spider-Man to the Fantastic Four to the Avengers to the Agents of Atlas to the Winter Guard to Alpha Flight, other than 'she was in the shower at the time' or 'she was napping' or something.

Just that none of the writers for any of those titles want to cram Monica Rambeau into their story about those characters, and I suspect that most fans of those characters and teams have no real interest in seeing Monica Rambeau zip in and start throwing energy around.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    This is a problem with a shared universe in which a large segment of the fandom buys books for specific characters or sub-franchises. If every X-Men comic devoted half it's pages to what Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Spider-Man, the Hulk, Daredevil, etc. are doing to address mutant matters, a lot of *X-Men* fans, who bought the book titled 'X-Men' to read about Jean and Scott and Kurt and Logan and Cable and Ororo, would stop buying said books.

The writers can't win either way. Write about Cap, Thor, Tony, etc. and it pisses off both fans of those characters (since they are often not written particularly in-character, in other people's books), and fans of the X-Men, who wanted to read about the X-Men, in this X-Men book. *Don't* write about Cap, Tony, Thor, etc. and it's all 'wah, why didn't Thor show up and save the mutants?'

There's no win, either way. If the Avengers and the X-Men lived in adjacent universes, with occasional crossovers, it might make more sense for why stuff like Genosha can happen without not a single Avenger even knowing about it, let along doing something about it, or how Belasco can do all sorts of stuff to the New X-Men from across dimensions that the presence of Dr. Strange should have prevented him from doing (since Dr. Strange explicitly prevents extradimensional magical conquerors from popping over and kidnapping a bunch of people). But it wasn't a Dr. Strange story, in which that happened, it was a New X-Men story, and so Dr. Strange wasn't even considered by the writers. (And, as a fan of the New X-Men *and* Dr. Strange, I wouldn't have wanted some outsider showing up and hijacking a New X-Men story, *or* read Dr. Strange most likely being written OOC by writers who had no real experience with his character or powerset.)

It's even more egregious in other comics. Gotham city can be utterly devastated by something Superman or the Flash could address in literal seconds, and it can go on for *months* without either of them spending the half a breath it would take to address it. And Marvel has a few characters with similar abilities. If an alert goes out that something major is happening, Monica Rambeau has an Avengers alert card, and can zip around the entire planet *eight times a second*. There is no reason at all why she can't be at *every* newsworthy event, in every title, from Spider-Man to the Fantastic Four to the Avengers to the Agents of Atlas to the Winter Guard to Alpha Flight, other than 'she was in the shower at the time' or 'she was napping' or something.

Just that none of the writers for any of those titles want to cram Monica Rambeau into their story about those characters, and I suspect that most fans of those characters and teams have no real interest in seeing Monica Rambeau zip in and start throwing energy around.
    I agree with you about everything. That was a really well thought out response. Also, I shudder to think of a fan who would be anything short of ecstatic to see Monica Rambeau doing her thing all over the Marvel Universe. That woman needs four books minimum if you ask me.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post

Dr. Strange was in that New X-Men story. First it was explained that O.N.E couldn't go to him because he was a fugitive in the aftermath of Civil War, which is why they needed to go to Amanda Sefton instead. Then when Belasco tore open the barrier between Earth and Limbo there was a cutaway to Strange and Spider-Man with Strange saying the situation was bad and that he didn't know if he could stop the demon invasion in time. That's how you do it most of the time. A brief aside of why Strange isn't available that makes some sense, and maybe using Strange to explain how big the threat is. Second Coming similarly had the Avengers and Fantastic 4 show up to help but be useless because they couldn't get through the barrier Bastion set up around Utopia.

I agree with you about everything. That was a really well thought out response. Also, I shudder to think of a fan who would be anything short of ecstatic to see Monica Rambeau doing her thing all over the Marvel Universe. That woman needs four books minimum if you ask me.
    I agree completely, if there is one character that deserves more love and attention is Monica Rambeu. I do not get why writer seem to have it against her.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Maybe check out the upcoming Hellfire Gala special, on sale June 29th.:
    "Last summer your host Emma Frost invited you to celebrate Krakoa with some fireworks. This year, it's about celebrating mutantdom's friendship with humanity," Duggan explained.

We've seen a lot of Gala outfit designs for Avengers members, where last year they were just in their regular uniforms. Perhaps they'll be given "guests of honor" treatment.
    are those going to be actual outfits they wear or are they just variant covers?

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    are those going to be actual outfits they wear or are they just variant covers?
    I'm thinking/hoping those are the outfits they'll be wearing since they didn't get any variants last year and arrived in their regular costumes.

This has to end well for the x men.

I mean really leave them in peace . Why the mutants cant have nice thing? dear god.

Hope Rogue perma drain Thanos or his great grandfather. for god sake.

The eternals movie didnt succes it was at least a ok

Well hope this end will The Xmen and The Avengers friendship restarted again and maybe a new Unity team. (without the eternals hope they go in the inhuman route)

A.X.E.: DEATH TO THE MUTANTS #1 (OF 3) KIERON GILLEN (W) • GUIU VILANOVA (A) • Cover by Esad Ribić

The mutants are Deviants. Eternals are coded to correct excess deviation. The mutants are eternal, Mars colonizers, ever-spreading. Eternals know what they should do. Our heroes don't want to, but can they resist the murderous designs coded into their body as surely as any Sentinel? And if they can't, can anyone survive the coming judgment?

https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/a-...day-crossover/