Page 56 of 116 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106 ... LastLast

X-MEN #13

Written by GERRY DUGGAN
    Art by C.F. VILLA
    Cover by MARTIN COCCOLO
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    New York, NY— April 11, 2022 — “In the land of the righteous, the wicked will be put to death!”

SOURCE: https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...e-judgment-day

This summer, the Marvel Universe will be judged by a power greater than anything they’ve encountered before in A.X.E.: JUDGMENT DAY, the latest Marvel Comics crossover event. Written by mastermind creator Kieron Gillen and drawn by the epically talent Valerio Schiti, A.X.E.: JUDGMENT DAY will find the Avengers, X-Men, and Eternals embroiled in a deadly conflict. Kicking off after the Eternals boldly attack mutantkind’s new home on Krakoa, this complex saga will pay off various plot threads that have defined these franchises in recent years including mutantkind’s newfound immortality, the Eternals’ discovery of long-hidden truths about their species, and the Avengers intense dealings with the Celestials. The event will have a massive impact on the characters involved and their stories moving forward and fans can get their first hint of the full scope of A.X.E.: JUDGMENT DAY right now by learning more about the event’s issues and tie-ins set to debut in July.

July will see the release of both A.X.E.: JUDGMENT DAY #1 and A.X.E.: JUDGMENT DAY #2 and Gillen and Schiti’s emotional opening issues promise to define the summer. The X-Men claim they’re the planets’ new gods. The Eternals know that position is already filled. The Avengers are about to realize exactly how many secrets their so-called friends have kept from them. Years of tension lead to a volcanic eruption as two worlds burn. Who has leaked the X-Men’s secrets to their latest foes? Why is Tony Stark abducting an old friend? And who stands in judgment over the whole world? As the world shakes, an unlikely group of heroes and less-than-heroes gather to find a peaceful solution. Sadly, the best laid plans of man, mutant and Eternal oft go awry…

Gillen will also team up with artist Guiu Vilanova to explore the root of the Eternals’ fury against mutantkind and the schism it’s causing in their society in a three-issue limited series beginning in July titled A.X.E.: DEATH TO THE MUTANTS. The mutants are Deviants. Eternals are coded to correct excess deviation. The mutants are eternal, Mars colonizers, ever-spreading. Eternals know what they should do. Our heroes don’t want to, but can they resist the murderous designs coded into their body as surely as any Sentinel? And if they can’t, can anyone survive the coming judgment?

In addition, A.X.E.: JUDGMENT DAY will spin off into the following titles throughout July:

IMMORTAL X-MEN #5 will see Gillen and artist Michele Bandini spotlighting one of mutantkind’s most fervent warriors—EXODUS. Bennet du Paris was born in the 12th century. Exodus marched forth with a sword in his hand and a shield in his heart to protect what he believes. It’s now the 21st century. What’s changed? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. And the Eternals who dared attack Krakoa are going to discover what that means.
    Deadpool joins and Kraven’s mutant hunt begins in Benjamin Percy and Robert Gill’s X-FORCE #30. X-Force has taken some lumps, but a new era begins as old-school X-Forcer Wade Wilson makes his grand return! Well, grand for him, necessary for the team, as X-Force needs all the help it can get in the fallout from the Hellfire Gala and the revelations of A.X.E.: JUDGMENT DAY! Find out why Kraven the Hunter is involved in the start of a landmark storyline titled “The Hunt for X.”
    Who are the true inheritors of the Earth? The X-Men and Eternals fight over the answer to that question in X-MEN #13 by Gerry Duggan and C.F. Villa. The mutants are the next stage of evolution. Evolution depends on a mutation of genes – the genes of the offspring deviating from their progenitors. Some would call the X-gene EXCESS deviation. Those people are gonna need to be taken down a few pegs.
    And Arakko sees war yet again in X-MEN RED #5 by Al Ewing and Stefano Caselli. No one who is not an Omega-level mutant has ever taken one of the nine seats of the Great Ring. Together, they are the greatest power Arakko has ever known – and it’s nine against one. So, if the nine are losing…what does that say about the one? Judgment Day has come to the Red Planet – and it’s Arakko’s greatest test since X OF SWORDS!
    Check out the covers now and stay tuned in the coming weeks for more exciting A.X.E. JUDGMENT DAY announcements and reveals! For more information, visit Marvel.com.

On Sale 7/6

A.X.E.: JUDGMENT DAY #1 (OF 6)

Written by KIERON GILLEN
    Art by VALERIO SCHITI
    Cover by MARK BROOKS

On Sale 7/13

IMMORTAL X-MEN #5

Written by KIERON GILLEN
    Art by MICHELE BANDINI
    Cover by GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI

On Sale 7/20

A.X.E.: JUDGMENT DAY #2 (OF 6)

Written by KIERON GILLEN
    Art by VALERIO SCHITI
    Cover by MARK BROOKS

[/IMG]
    Yeah this just doesn't read as mutant friendly.

The synopsis, so someone else finds out a truth about mutants and thus another group gets to define them.

Mutants think they are earth's new gods. Only magneto has said that.

Avengers have a problem with secrets being kept but as Emma said "where were they?"

i don't think i see one positive line about the mutant position anywhere in the synopsis. Perhaps the story is different but what is presented in the first post reads like something the krakoa haters wrote up. Where is the mention of mutants, still wary of avengers after axis or civil war, etc. Or the gifts they have given humanity. Or anything that makes them sound somewhat heroic. It sounds like omg, it's your fault your not being killed anymore and didn't tell anyone.

The so-called friends they let be gassed. Maybe the synopsis is the bait and switch.

Oh and Marvel's colonizers? That's rich. They revived a dead planet and now THEY are the colonizers. This is so heavy handed.
    Then you add in gillien calling Exodus a mutant supremacist in his interview and i'm getting major Peanut allergy flashbacks.

You can be a good writer and on the wrong side. The eternals are the only ones referred to as heroes and every line about mutants is trigger. new gods, supremacist, liars, colonizers who are ever expanding as though they weren't on the verge of extinction.

And looking at the covers, these are the character protecting against colonization and feeling lied too. Well.
    Last edited by jwatson; 04-11-2022 at 06:20 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    Oh on this I already knew it was going to be a tie in. Ewing may not want it to, but if the higher ups say so it was going to happen. That’s why I like to enjoy the ride even, if I like to make complaints and b—ch
    When Ewing made that comment, he literally said that he would tie into X-events but not non-X events and made a reference to the word judgement.

Incredible Member

I hope Wolverine skewers Druig's bitch ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    I hope Wolverine skewers Druig's bitch ass.
    Puhlease! lol. this is the one event we will barely see wolverine. lol This is exactly why x lives appeared on the main board first and was originally pimped as though it was connected to timeless imo.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    Me I’m being honest certain titles a look up for free, but I’ll still buy print if there are covers I like I know it’s bad, but Ill do it from time to time. This I’m invested in cause I’m hoping this leads to a more integrated Marvel Universe. Like I wouldn’t want a Avenger as a main cast member in an x-book (except Wanda). Though guest appearances that actually show teamwork and no more heroes vs heroes bs. Even if this isn’t like that I can’t wait to see what happens, just because it’s a story being told and that interests me
    At least you own it. The more i read the more interested i am to see how sinister this ends up if i'm honest. Do i want unity? sure. Do i want it by invading the victims books and trying to write them as the heavy to give sympathy to those who weren't there to help, not in the least. But i'm ready now after mercury post.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

I'm genuinely excited about this, but I'm also skeptical.

Whenever the X-Men go up against other superhero teams, it usually doesn't pan out. Inhumans vs. X-Men was sub-par and Avengers vs. X-men was just plain awful. But I kind of understand why the X-Men lost those earlier battles. Their movie rights were owned by Fox and Marvel had an incentive to downgrade the X-Men. Now, with the rights no longer an issue, the X-Men are poised to rise once more. I really hope they get a fair shot this time.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Puhlease! lol. this is the one event we will barely see wolverine. lol This is exactly why x lives appeared on the main board first and was originally pimped as though it was connected to timeless imo.
    Hey, Wolverine doesn't need to be Logan. It can be Laura. It can be Daken. It can even be Gabby. I just want to see that bitch ass Eternal get sliced in two.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post

Whenever the X-Men go up against other superhero teams, it usually doesn't pan out. Inhumans vs. X-Men was sub-par and Avengers vs. X-men was just plain awful. But I kind of understand why the X-Men lost those earlier battles. Their movie rights were owned by Fox and Marvel had an incentive to downgrade the X-Men. Now, with the rights no longer an issue, the X-Men are poised to rise once more. I really hope they get a fair shot this time.
    Sometihng as simple as "the avengers looking to make amends, seek the truth." but nope, these professionals know exactly what they wanted to put out there for expectation. It will either fill it or defy it. But i thank Mercury for doing this post because my armor went up faster than Storm starting a tornado.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    Hey, Wolverine doesn't need to be Logan. It can be Laura. It can be Daken. It can even be Gabby. I just want to see that bitch ass Eternal get sliced in two.
    That's proably the only Wolverines we will get because they need to remain his ties to avengers for those boosts in sales. He really is a snivelling snake that would betray anyone, druig that is. The fact that he was so ready to lick thanos boots and take thanos to see what he dubbed as his grandfather. The real problem for mutants will be dealing with Thanos and if (i can't remember his name.) his grandfather got out. But gillien did lay good ground work with thanos love of death and as said before immortality would be seen as an affront as it's taking something away from his lady love he loves to gift. But my mind is so ready now. I am definitely going to catch up on my eternals issues so i'm ready. I may need to reread some krakoa so i got the issues ready for "oh, only magneto said that" and "why weren't they this upset over mutant graves." And Jane better show TF up and talk about her conversation with death if anything is mentioned about cancer and immortality and mutants.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Yupp. Apart from just not caring about another overblown overhyped and ridiculous Summer event...Not supporting what sounds like "Let's dump on the mutants...A-gain! Because we hate and fear them, and that's what we always do?"

It would be nice if the mutants actually found themselves on the heroic side of the story for a change; to be the heroes the world never want see them as or acknowledge. Instead of yet again being vilified, this time by the Eternals.

And JWat is right...that promo sounds like somebody's been reading too much Twitter shit or latching onto the worst of the CBR X-threads

So no...Fock dat convoluted mess.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    When Ewing made that comment, he literally said that he would tie into X-events but not non-X events and made a reference to the word judgement.
    Yeah peeped this, which is one of the reasons that I’m kinda ugh on this event happening so soon into Destiny of X. It’s not that I think Judgement Day is going to be bad, but events are inherently disruptive. It’s a bit frustrating because the line went on pause for a solid 3 months for this relaunch, only for some books to put their storylines on pause (or at least pivot) for this event.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post

Despite the lackluster and failed cinematic adaptations of our beautiful and bountiful mutants, everyone knows they are more popular and potent than the Avengers and Eternals will ever be. They’re also the new kids on the MCU block. Now that Marvel/Disney owns the film rights, you best believe they will be propped up.

It’s going to be a fun time for us X-fans.

Then again, if that Claremont leak is true…
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Yeah peeped this, which is one of the reasons that I’m kinda ugh on this event happening so soon into Destiny of X. It’s not that I think Judgement Day is going to be bad, but events are inherently disruptive. It’s a bit frustrating because the line went on pause for a solid 3 months for this relaunch, only for some books to put their storylines on pause (or at least pivot) for this event.
    Exactly. And the only reason i got amazon comics (that crap ain't comixology) again was to read xmen red because i was all set on going in on marvel website and unlimited but i got the unlimited and red was not up on marvel.com so i went back to amazon to get it but i'll let that burn out. Get my subscription and everything else i'll just read on marvel unlimited until that runs out next year. so eh. hope who they going for shows them the money. lol

But honestly sometimes it does feel like it's something more sinister. Like some in the industry feel only a certain type should be reading comics. And us other types are mutants to them. lol. Just what it honestly feels like sometimes.
    Last edited by jwatson; 04-11-2022 at 07:24 PM.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

I’m optimistic about this one.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”