Page 6 of 116 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    I'm hype for this. Gillen's Eternals has been great so I'm eager to read more of them. I just hope Aaron isn't involved.
    I gotta agree. Gillen is doing great stuff on Eternals right now. I've tried multiple times to get into Aaron's Avengers but it's just not for me. I'm hoping it's only 1 writer, not the current Marvel trend where multiple writers write a few issues each.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

BANNED

Thor alone has K.O. ed Kang many times in the past and that was before his current elevation so unless you figure rickmenders drunk on celestial energy Kang is going to make an appearance current Kang is in deep **** if the Eternals avengers and the X men decide to come after him. Maybe it could be Kang up to his old tricks manipulating events and the 3 teams to capture celestial energy or what not that causes these teams to clash. He wouldn't face them alone without some serious power up.

Quote Originally Posted by Wat View Post
    Thor alone has K.O. ed Kang many times in the past and that was before his current elevation so unless you figure rickmenders drunk on celestial energy Kang is going to make an appearance current Kang is in deep **** if the Eternals avengers and the X men decide to come after him. Maybe it could be Kang up to his old tricks manipulating events and the 3 teams to capture celestial energy or what not that causes these teams to clash. He wouldn't face them alone without some serious power up.
    I think you might of hit the nail on the head here. I don't think Kang will be going blow for blow with these three teams, I think he'll be manipulating them in the background and steal the celestial's powers when they get the A.X.E.....sorry I couldn't resist

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I gotta agree. Gillen is doing great stuff on Eternals right now. I've tried multiple times to get into Aaron's Avengers but it's just not for me. I'm hoping it's only 1 writer, not the current Marvel trend where multiple writers write a few issues each.
    Stick with Gillen. Far better writer, far better stories. Aaron lost me when he introduced the Avengers 1 Million BC and that Celestial vomit BS. Don't get me started that Aaron made the Avengers able to beat a threat the cosmic Celestials couldn't. I don't care how popular RDJ made Iron Man, that's ridiculous. At least Gillen is working that BS story into his Eternals with some of them being rightly pissed off that Avengers are living in the corpse of one of their gods. Work your magic and salvage something of this clusterf, Gillen!
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

I think you might of hit the nail on the head here. I don't think Kang will be going blow for blow with these three teams, I think he'll be manipulating them in the background and steal the celestial's powers when they get the A.X.E.....sorry I couldn't resist
    Lol. That pun perfectly summarizes remenders run.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Stick with Gillen. Far better writer, far better stories. Aaron lost me when he introduced the Avengers 1 Million BC and that Celestial vomit BS. Don't get me started that Aaron made the Avengers able to beat a threat the cosmic Celestials couldn't. I don't care how popular RDJ made Iron Man, that's ridiculous. At least Gillen is working that BS story into his Eternals with some of them being rightly pissed off that Avengers are living in the corpse of one of their gods. Work your magic and salvage something of this clusterf, Gillen!
    Aaron has written stuff that I freaking loved before. His run on Thor was just so good, and I loved his Wolverine: Weapon X series. He does darker stories really well, it's the more punch 'em up stories that I think he gets a bit too wacky on. I think Gillen is an amazing writer though just in general..

Aaron has written stuff that I freaking loved before. His run on Thor was just so good, and I loved his Wolverine: Weapon X series. He does darker stories really well, it's the more punch 'em up stories that I think he gets a bit too wacky on. I think Gillen is an amazing writer though just in general..
    100%

Gillen's Darth Vader run is my all time favorite and it has yet to be matched by anything for me.

Very excited and happy that he's writing X-Books again.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Spectacular Member SavageJudgeDredd's Avatar

I haven't read one of these line-wide events since AvX. I intend to try Secret Wars (Hickman) when I get to that FF run though.

Overall, I like it best when the main books aren't interrupted so much. Remember how Fear Itself and AvX interrupted Gillen's X-Men run way back?

Also, it feels like a lot of these events just disappear from public memory. I was looking into Deadpool and also Cable books, and Cable and Deadpool get split up by Civil War, which is just random. And there's an Axis tie-in somewhere in there too. I can't say I've ever heard anyone talk about Axis, and I did not know Red Skull as Onslaught was a thing!

Long story short, I think these would be fine as a fun summer blockbuster idea, if they just let it be its own series. No tie-in issues if possible, and not in such an intrusive line-wide way. Years later, it just messes up your read through a bit.
    Last edited by SavageJudgeDredd; 01-02-2022 at 06:50 PM.

Usual gripe: Events interrupting a run that hasn't even gotten double digit issues yet.

I dislike that immensely. But there is talent here so I'll try.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

More info released by Marvel.

“The Avengers are done with secrets and demand the Eternals explain themselves! But the Eternals have other plans, as Ajak has made contact with her Celestial god! But will she receive the answers she’s been searching for?”

Wonder if the Avengers found out about the Eternals resurrection process and if so, wonder do the xmen get involved because their secret is revealed as well

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...day-approaches
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    More info released by Marvel.

“The Avengers are done with secrets and demand the Eternals explain themselves! But the Eternals have other plans, as Ajak has made contact with her Celestial god! But will she receive the answers she’s been searching for?”

Wonder if the Avengers found out about the Eternals resurrection process and if so, wonder do the xmen get involved because their secret is revealed as well

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...day-approaches
    Interesting because as of now this seems like it could just be an Avengers/Eternals event. Waiting to see what causes the X-Men to join especially as they'll be freshly starting their relaunch.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    You mean the whole thing with "all life on Earth, particularly superhuman life, was spawned from a sick and dying Celestial's emissions"? Nihilistic as f*** creation myth there. That said, in light of the Celestials being responsible, in a roundabout way, for the existence of mutants on Earth and the potential for nonmutant humans to nonetheless develop superpowers if exposed to an external catalyst . . .
    Aaron's crap about the Celestials and the evolution of Mutants on Earth in his Avengers run (as corny as it was) was quite close (if not for a sick and dying Celestial in the bowels of the Earth retcon See: Eternals: Celestia #1) to what was originally told in The Eternals #1 (1976)

Last edited by Micabe; 01-18-2022 at 09:00 PM. Reason: Pic(s) and Link(s) added.

BANNED
    Last edited by Micabe; 01-18-2022 at 09:00 PM. Reason: Pic(s) and Link(s) added.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    Kang could kill almost anybody if he used his tech to the greatest effect. Like, he could re-create the High-Evolutionary anti-mutant powers net of satellites to keep their powers neutralized, open a portal and throw an antimatter bomb at Krakoa, then unleash a million Nimrods to sweep the survivors...

But the thing with Kang is, he doesn't fight smart. He doesn't want to fight smart. He wants a challenge... deep down he is still that young nerd who dreamed of being a cool adventurer/warrior/hero... he doesn't want to throw a missile at a dragon, he wants to kill a dragon with a sword...
    Damn that's a spot on characterization for Kang

Specially after the timeless one-shot

Nailed it

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Aaron's crap about the Celestials and the evolution of Mutants on Earth in his Avengers run (as corny as it was) was quite close (if not for a sick and dying Celestial in the bowels of the Earth retcon See: Eternals: Celestia #1) to what was originally told in The Eternals #1 (1976)

Kirby was a fantastic designer, but he really wasn't firing on all cylinders with the Celestial/Eternals/Deviants creation myth. Was he reading L Ron Hubbard at the time?

The Eternals suck. Let's all go back to pretending they never existed.