Page 63 of 116 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113 ... LastLast

I mean even the marvel voices books use characters from x-men because the mainline doesn't have much diversity, it doesn't have lgbt characters they use or have tried to make popular. Why would they think people would want to buy a book with all white characters or see all white males posing on our x-books when we value it's diversity and queer. They don't want to include us but they don't want us to even have the little bit of escapism we have. It's like damn.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I mean even the marvel voices books use characters from x-men because the mainline doesn't have much diversity, it doesn't have lgbt characters they use or have tried to make popular. Why would they think people would want to buy a book with all white characters or see all white males posing on our x-books when we value it's diversity and queer. They don't want to include us but they don't want us to even have the little bit of escapism we have. It's like damn.
    ...Are you seriously claiming Marvel has not tried to use Hecules, Hulkling, Julie Power, Moondragon, Phyla-vell, Angela, America Chavez, Nico Minoru or Karolina Dean over the last decade? That's off the top of my head, but if you want me to dive through the wikis we can certainly do that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    ...Are you seriously claiming Marvel has not tried to use Hecules, Hulkling, Julie Power, Moondragon, Phyla-vell, Angela, America Chavez, Nico Minoru or Karolina Dean over the last decade? That's off the top of my head, but if you want me to dive through the wikis we can certainly do that too.
    Where are they? They claim it don't sell also you ignored my other post it seems which was the actual answer to your question. Where are their books? Please let me know. People claim it don't sell but that kind of diversity is selling in the x-line so what do they do, derail it, get in front of it, put white dudes all over the covers talking about they judging people. We can pretend all we want But i don't feel like going down this repetitive road. We ALL know the truth and no amount of double talk can change facts.

Straight white men believe comics belong to them, even the ones they don't pay for.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Astonishing Member

Where are they? They claim it don't sell also you ignored my other post it seems which was the actual answer to your question. Where are their books? Please let me know. People claim it don't sell but that kind of diversity is selling in the x-line so what do they do, derail it, get in front of it, put white dudes all over the covers talking about they judging people. We can pretend all we want But i don't feel like going down this repetitive road. We ALL know the truth and no amount of double talk can change facts.

Straight white men believe comics belong to them, even the ones they don't pay for.
    Your post

As for your other post, I'll reiterate my point from earlier you never bothered to provide: Where is your evidence that this event is going to go the way you've said it will? Did you get advance copies? Did you use divination and tarot cards to find out? Did you bribe the marvel front office with a life's supply of cocaine to sit in on Gillen plotting everything out? I don't have an issue with people being apprehensive about the event. What I do have an issue with is this never ending drone about how the book must be this newest evil plot from Marvel to destroy the X-men once and for all. Look, if you are going to sideline the book, stop talking about it. If you want to make claims about how everything is clearly against the X-men, use evidence besides a summary box which knowing how Marvel does it's events, is going to be maybe 30% accurate to what is actually going on, at best.

But seriously, if you don't want to read the event, you don't have, but that also removes any obligation to stay in this thread yelling about how the sky is falling.

Your post

As for your other post, I'll reiterate my point from earlier you never bothered to provide: Where is your evidence that this event is going to go the way you've said it will? Did you get advance copies? Did you use divination and tarot cards to find out? Did you bribe the marvel front office with a life's supply of cocaine to sit in on Gillen plotting everything out? I don't have an issue with people being apprehensive about the event. What I do have an issue with is this never ending drone about how the book must be this newest evil plot from Marvel to destroy the X-men once and for all. Look, if you are going to sideline the book, stop talking about it. If you want to make claims about how everything is clearly against the X-men, use evidence besides a summary box which knowing how Marvel does it's events, is going to be maybe 30% accurate to what is actually going on, at best.

But seriously, if you don't want to read the event, you don't have, but that also removes any obligation to stay in this thread yelling about how the sky is falling.
    my original post on page 62,

sure why not. we are always saddled with their problems maybe they can give a few solutions. we dealt with the cloud, the registration, and everything in between. Why is it okay for them to invade our books for answers but never solutions. I mean people complain it takes away from Thor story but did one X-fan ask for an eternals story or mutants to be judged by them. Why isn't it a fair situation on both sides.

How come no judgement day avengers, hulk, thor, Cap, Ironman, but yet they all over the covers invading our books again. But then once again the other has to pick up the slack. then when they get dragged for getting forced on us but not having enough space in their books for mutants somehow we the problem. I truly don't understand how people don't get that.

i read both sides and it's about simple fairness and the optics and how one side of the marvel universe always seems to get all the benefits but never have to diversify, barely welcomes lgbt characters but the franchise that does is always the victim of having our stories overtaken. Why is it different? i really wish one person could honestly answer that for me. We want to enjoy our stories the same way you guys do, we pay for our stories the same way you guys do. I've read many marvel books and the only thing so far about krakoa on the other side has been skepticism and negativity and now here we go again. I just want to know why.
    But like i said i'm done. i've literally said everything i want to say. so i'm good. I'm going to sleep good tonight. lol
    Last edited by jwatson; 04-12-2022 at 06:14 PM.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

sure why not. we are always saddled with their problems maybe they can give a few solutions. we dealt with the cloud, the registration, and everything in between. Why is it okay for them to invade our books for answers but never solutions. I mean people complain it takes away from Thor story but did one X-fan ask for an eternals story or mutants to be judged by them. Why isn't it a fair situation on both sides.

How come no judgement day avengers, hulk, thor, Cap, Ironman, but yet they all over the covers invading our books again. But then once again the other has to pick up the slack. then when they get dragged for getting forced on us but not having enough space in their books for mutants somehow we the problem. I truly don't understand how people don't get that.

i read both sides and it's about simple fairness and the optics and how one side of the marvel universe always seems to get all the benefits but never have to diversify, barely welcomes lgbt characters but the franchise that does is always the victim of having our stories overtaken. Why is it different? i really wish one person could honestly answer that for me. We want to enjoy our stories the same way you guys do, we pay for our stories the same way you guys do. I've read many marvel books and the only thing so far about krakoa on the other side has been skepticism and negativity and now here we go again. I just want to know why.
    Who do you think is doing the judging in this event? Who do you think is being judged in this event? Whatever your answer, I’d bet dollars to donuts you’re wrong.

My theory: Judgement Day is a concept that goes all the way back to the early days of The Eternals as written by Jack Kirby in 1975. The Celestials came to earth to observe over the course of the next 50 years their three creations on planet earth: Eternals, Deviants, and Humans. If their three creations were found wanting, then they would be judged.

I strongly believe that this is the endgame for this storyline. Whatever happens in the early issues through July will be what leads the Celestials to pass judgement on the Eternals, mutants, and humans. This judgement will unite the Eternals, X-Men, and Avengers against The Celestials in a battle for Earth’s survival.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Who do you think is doing the judging in this event? Who do you think is being judged in this event? Whatever your answer, I’d bet dollars to donuts you’re wrong.

My theory: Judgement Day is a concept that goes all the way back to the early days of The Eternals as written by Jack Kirby in 1975. The Celestials came to earth to observe over the course of the next 50 years their three creations on planet earth: Eternals, Deviants, and Humans. If their three creations were found wanting, then they would be judged.

I strongly believe that this is the endgame for this storyline. Whatever happens in the early issues through July will be what leads the Celestials to pass judgement on the Eternals, mutants, and humans. This judgement will unite the Eternals, X-Men, and Avengers against The Celestials in a battle for Earth’s survival.
    The amount of correct you are is staggering.

Truth anyhow fam! What you said is reinforced by the sheer number of subvertly race critical YouTubers, writers that forget T'Challa is peer to Tony, Reed, and Doom. They also fake clueless on how to incorporate and original creation like Blue Marvel into their world.

Lol Hilarious
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by Jv565 View Post
    I honestly think the Eternals are going to be presented as the bad guys in this.
    Listen, just because the person who writing this already told everyone that the Eternals are the bad guys doesn’t mean it’s true.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

my original post on page 62,

But like i said i'm done. i've literally said everything i want to say. so i'm good. I'm going to sleep good tonight. lol
    Seeya hahaha
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Listen, just because the person who writing this already told everyone that the Eternals are the bad guys doesn’t mean it’s true.
    And lo and behold I inscribe the words of Gillen onto the side of a hammer, and tossed it to the earth below, with the condition of this

"Whoever wields this hammer shall be gifted the power of Reading Comprehension"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Good grief! Mutants are on top of the MU right now, they have everything going their way. They are the dominant power both on earth and the Sol system, possibly on their way to becoming a galactic power. They are functionally immortal and all previous deceased mutants are in line to be resurrected, yet all that is not enough for some. Some seem to think mutants must be treated with kid gloves, nothing bad must be said or done against them, it reeks of insecurity. Mutants must now always be seen as being in the right and all others are the aggressors. Gillen as stated the Eternals are the villains and he is the writer of a major x-book but some don't believe it. I'm reminded of a old thread on the x-boards called the "x complex", where every perceived slight, insult, shade or storyline that didn't favor the X-men or x-characters were discussed adnuesium. Even when the X-men are at the pinnacle people still see doom and gloom. Yes sometimes the writing will favor the X-men and sometimes it will not, it's called being even-handed and not being biased against one side. Does anyone expect the X-men will be dominant forever both in universe and out, does anyone think that mutants won't face challenges or that Marvel will prioritize them over their other properties? You think going forward that the Avengers, FF, Eternals, Spiderman, Hulk, ect will be written as the villains to prop up the X-men? Those properties have their fan bases as well, is marvel going to throw them under the bus for the benefit of mutants and if they don't is that some sign of Marvel's hatred of the X-men and a ploy to destroy the franchise? I'm sure the complex thread would think so. I have hope that Gillen will be even-handed during this event despite his claims of Eternals being the villains. But apparently that is not good enough for some. The X-men must be unequivocally the heroes of the event and the Eternals must absolutely be the villains. No middle ground or its seen as the X-men getting screwed by Marvel. I don't know how one can cope with being a fan of a comic franchise if they are always defensive about anything bad happening to their characters. It's almost like they think the Krakoa should be put in a velvet box and treated with care.
    This, some people will have a breakdown once they realize Krakoa won't last forever

How come the avengers aren't judging orichis. It's kind of funny that it's a shared universe when everyone is reacting to direct mutant problems or rather perceived problems caused by mutants. but no one on the other side, not a single team, not thor, ff, no one knows about orichis and there is no event to attack that problem. hmm. somebody dropping the ball. I mean that's if marvel is about that U.N.I.T.Y. that's a unity.
    Have the X-men told them or asked for help?Not like the X-men help the Avengers w/ their problems, rn they're fighting a multiversal war w/ the phoenix as a big player.

And Spidey whose by the x-men's own words been a good friend to them isn't helped by them either, even when he was being ganged up by Juggernaut and 40+ other villains.

Also Avengers probably aren't attacking Orchis because they'd win, hekc Krakoa has only send a small team of relatively less powerful mutants than they have.

Okay, I'm just going to ask this once: Does this forum want every X-man problem solved by the Avengers? Because there is this constant discourse that they need to do more for mutantkind and that they never help out (They did help out against Bastion iirc, Thor helped during the Mutant Massacre, etc.), yet I get the feeling if every time the X-men faced a front it ended with Thor punching it in the face we'd get new complaints that the mutant characters are getting sidelined for the X-books to feature non-mutant heroes as the expense of the X-men.
    Co-signed

If they did show up and help then they'd be mad that Thor stole the mutants thunder

Registration was a problem for everyone, and mutants don't help other either.Devil's Reign was a great time to show they want to maintain strong bonds w/ other heroes but they just dipped.

As for the reason why this event is happening in mutants books, it's because the writer of eternals is also writing Immortal X-men and wants this event to happen.It's an X-writer that wants this event. this isn't an Avengers event

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Good grief! Mutants are on top of the MU right now, they have everything going their way. They are the dominant power both on earth and the Sol system, possibly on their way to becoming a galactic power. They are functionally immortal and all previous deceased mutants are in line to be resurrected, yet all that is not enough for some. Some seem to think mutants must be treated with kid gloves, nothing bad must be said or done against them, it reeks of insecurity. Mutants must now always be seen as being in the right and all others are the aggressors. Gillen as stated the Eternals are the villains and he is the writer of a major x-book but some don't believe it. I'm reminded of a old thread on the x-boards called the "x complex", where every perceived slight, insult, shade or storyline that didn't favor the X-men or x-characters were discussed adnuesium. Even when the X-men are at the pinnacle people still see doom and gloom. Yes sometimes the writing will favor the X-men and sometimes it will not, it's called being even-handed and not being biased against one side. Does anyone expect the X-men will be dominant forever both in universe and out, does anyone think that mutants won't face challenges or that Marvel will prioritize them over their other properties? You think going forward that the Avengers, FF, Eternals, Spiderman, Hulk, ect will be written as the villains to prop up the X-men? Those properties have their fan bases as well, is marvel going to throw them under the bus for the benefit of mutants and if they don't is that some sign of Marvel's hatred of the X-men and a ploy to destroy the franchise? I'm sure the complex thread would think so. I have hope that Gillen will be even-handed during this event despite his claims of Eternals being the villains. But apparently that is not good enough for some. The X-men must be unequivocally the heroes of the event and the Eternals must absolutely be the villains. No middle ground or its seen as the X-men getting screwed by Marvel. I don't know how one can cope with being a fan of a comic franchise if they are always defensive about anything bad happening to their characters. It's almost like they think the Krakoa should be put in a velvet box and treated with care.
    Traditionally, heroes go through bad stuff to show their values… and writers to show their sadistic tendencies…

Now, I have been told that X-men are not heroes anymore, what are they supposed to do?

But, scratch that, it’s not anymore about the X-men, it’s about the mutants. So what are they supposed to do: being happy on their island? Dancing? Drinking? Being pretty in their costumes? What exciting comic it would be…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

And lo and behold I inscribe the words of Gillen onto the side of a hammer, and tossed it to the earth below, with the condition of this

"Whoever wields this hammer shall be gifted the power of Reading Comprehension"
    Hahaha that's funny.

This thread has gone wild!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!