Page 69 of 116 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1731

I’m looking at these images and realizing… I truly do not give a damn about the Eternals. I thought once the event started to hit my X-Men excitement would get me hype for Eternals by association, but nah I don’t feel a thing. I’ll wait for reviews of the main book otherwise I’ll be checking out the tie-ins for the books I’m already picking up.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I’m looking at these images and realizing… I truly do not give a damn about the Eternals. I thought once the event started to hit my X-Men excitement would get me hype for Eternals by association, but nah I don’t feel a thing. I’ll wait for reviews of the main book otherwise I’ll be checking out the tie-ins for the books I’m already picking up.
    The thing is, historically Sersi used to be one of my all-time fave Marvel characters, like I LOVED her back in the 80s and 90s when she was an Avengers mainstay. But the current Sersi is basically an entirely different character, conceptually, and its not even because they tweaked the characters to be more like the movie (I actually liked the Eternals movie too, and Gemma Chan's Sersi even though I basically regard her as her own brand new character and not the classic Marvel Sersi). They've really struggled to make the Eternals work in the comics, for like, a good twenty years, and have had numerous mini-reboots with them, and so we've gone through so many versions of the popular Eternals by now, particularly Sersi, that I just....don't care anymore. All investment I had in her has been eroded and I liked some of Gillen's Eternals run on its narrative merits, but character-wise I just....don't recognize these characters and they're basically brand new OCs for me.

And Gillen's leaned way too hard into the whole biological robots thing where they're basically genetically programmed to turn into Terminators when a Deviant queefs the wrong pheromones in their direction. Obviously that was always part of their concept to a degree, but the execution of it in the current run just....doesn't work for me and I'm like, they're all basically Jekyll and Hyde archetypes now where one moment they're real live boys and girls, Gepetto, but two panels later, Arnold Schwarzenegger emotes harder than they do. The second they toggle their murder-switches on, my interest in their character toggles off, because I just do not find 'has a physiological immunity to being considered personally accountable for their actions' to be a particularly compelling premise.

Fantastic Member

i know some of it is because of delays and the scedule being out of wack....gillen is hot or miss wth me and .i love schitti on art but hearing some of the early numbers for axe judgment day are coming in very very low .........even with the trailer and the marvel pr machine very very little buzz for this event

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    i know some of it is because of delays and the scedule being out of wack....gillen is hot or miss wth me and .i love schitti on art but hearing some of the early numbers for axe judgment day are coming in very very low .........even with the trailer and the marvel pr machine very very little buzz for this event
    How are you getting wind of the early numbers..do you mean pre-orders or do you mean that prelude issue that was released?

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    The thing is, historically Sersi used to be one of my all-time fave Marvel characters, like I LOVED her back in the 80s and 90s when she was an Avengers mainstay. But the current Sersi is basically an entirely different character, conceptually, and its not even because they tweaked the characters to be more like the movie (I actually liked the Eternals movie too, and Gemma Chan's Sersi even though I basically regard her as her own brand new character and not the classic Marvel Sersi). They've really struggled to make the Eternals work in the comics, for like, a good twenty years, and have had numerous mini-reboots with them, and so we've gone through so many versions of the popular Eternals by now, particularly Sersi, that I just....don't care anymore. All investment I had in her has been eroded and I liked some of Gillen's Eternals run on its narrative merits, but character-wise I just....don't recognize these characters and they're basically brand new OCs for me.

And Gillen's leaned way too hard into the whole biological robots thing where they're basically genetically programmed to turn into Terminators when a Deviant queefs the wrong pheromones in their direction. Obviously that was always part of their concept to a degree, but the execution of it in the current run just....doesn't work for me and I'm like, they're all basically Jekyll and Hyde archetypes now where one moment they're real live boys and girls, Gepetto, but two panels later, Arnold Schwarzenegger emotes harder than they do. The second they toggle their murder-switches on, my interest in their character toggles off, because I just do not find 'has a physiological immunity to being considered personally accountable for their actions' to be a particularly compelling premise.
    I feel like Gillens' Sersi is just a more cynical and world-weary version of normal Sersi.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like Gillens' Sersi is just a more cynical and world-weary version of normal Sersi.
    Doesn't that make sense though. She found out her gods lied to her for millennia and her and her entire family killed themselves out of shock and sorrow. I'd expect her to be a little darker and less flighty after that. Even though, Sersi was always one of my favorites too.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    The thing is, historically Sersi used to be one of my all-time fave Marvel characters, like I LOVED her back in the 80s and 90s when she was an Avengers mainstay.
    Yeah, it was kind of neat that on a team that regularly had dudes like Thor and Iron Man, and ladies like the Wasp and Black Widow, suddenly there was Sersi (and Crystal!), a serious lady powerhouse, who regularly hung with the Black Knight, who, no matter how much I like him, was not even remotely in her tier, which made it all the more fun.

But I also do not feel a burning interest in this Eternal / X-Men / Avengers storyline. There's just too much interesting going on in X-Men Red and Immortal X-Men, and I'm worried that this event is going to flounce into the middle of their narrative and make itself an unwelcome disruption, as events tend to do.

Issue 5 cover and checklist through September: https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...x-men-eternals

So far, the X tie-ins are:

- Immortal X-Men #5-6
    - Wolverine #24-25
    - X-Force #30-32
    - X-Men #13-14
    - X-Men: Red #5-6
    - Marauders #6
    - A.X.E.: X-Men #1

Notably, X-Men #15 isn't listed as a September tie-in but the Miracleman variant article from this week has it as September 28, which would imply X-Men's tie-ins are done then: https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...-marvel-heroes

Seems like if A.X.E.: Judgement Day #6 comes out at the start of October, we might just be getting 2-issue tie-ins for Immortal, Red, X-Men, and Wolverine, with a 3-issue tie-in for X-Force and a 1-issue tie-in for Marauders. Legion, New Mutants, Knights, and X-Terminators seem tie-in free. Not too disruptive IMO.

And it doesn’t seem like the X-Force and Wolverine tie-ins (the Percy books) are really tie-ins at all. Rather tangentially referencing Judgment day while continuing their own stories.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Astonishing Member

I don’t think any of the three fandoms are looking forward to this event

What little goodwill/fans the movie got the Eternals will be eroded same as IvX did the Inhumans, the Avengers fans aren’t looking forward to their characters being beaten up and called scum/cops in some incredibly patronising speeches from certain tie ins and the X-Men fans obviously aren’t eager for the prospect of Arakko and/or the protocols being destroyed

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post

What little goodwill/fans the movie got the Eternals will be eroded same as IvX did the Inhumans, the Avengers fans aren’t looking forward to their characters being beaten up and called scum/cops in some incredibly patronising speeches from certain tie ins and the X-Men fans obviously aren’t eager for the prospect of Arakko and/or the protocols being destroyed
    Don't be so cynical ya'll. I'm willing to bet money after this event each franchise will have
    New readers from every corner and niche of the our universe and the 616

EDIT:Although I used to be an Inhumans fan...
    soooo never mind
    Last edited by BroHomo; 06-16-2022 at 02:06 AM.
    GrindrStone(D)

BANNED

If Marvl wanted to get rid of the protocols or Arrako they obviously can any time they want to. I doubt they will after investing so much money in them.

And a true Eternals/mutant conflict is long overdue.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

These events have no real effect on much after, except Avengers vs. X-Men when they repopulated/brought back all the mutants/mutant births on Earth. It just gives fans with too much time on their hands to be angry at _______ character. Everything in comics now has been reset to being more or less legacy, so people who worry about this are silly.

Can't speak for any other X-fan, but I sure am

Basically any fan that I've seen who actually has been following the press about this event seems into it. As has been stated at least 40 times in interviews and this thread, this isn't a hero vs hero event.