Page 89 of 116 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 1731

Quote Originally Posted by Jv565 View Post
    Well, some of us read superhero comics for...you know...heroes. I do agree with you though. There is no way to overstate the impact Hickman has had on these books.
    Are you reading X-Men? It's specifically about a public team of mutants based in NYC being superheroes and definitely caters to those looking for straightforward super-heroics.

Knights of X is about saving Otherworld from a villain that has taken over and is hunting mutants. Marauders has a mission statement of rescuing mutants that are being oppressed in their home countries and unable to reach Krakoa (gotta get past this opening arc.)

Books like X-Men Red, Immortal, and Legion of X are for building upon what Hickman started and showcasing the growing world(s) of mutants. For those not interested, the other options are available which I think is great.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Are you reading X-Men? It's specifically about a public team of mutants based in NYC being superheroes and definitely caters to those looking for straightforward super-heroics.

Knights of X is about saving Otherworld from a villain that has taken over and is hunting mutants. Marauders has a mission statement of rescuing mutants that are being oppressed in their home countries and unable to reach Krakoa (gotta get past this opening arc.)

Books like X-Men Red, Immortal, and Legion of X are for building upon what Hickman started and showcasing the growing world(s) of mutants. For those not interested, the other options are available which I think is great.
    I am actually, and I'm really enjoying it. I'm liking Knights too, and though the art isn't fair me, Marauders is cool. Thanks so much for the suggestions though.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    Theres a definite difference between pre and post hickman plan Krakoa so that's where some of the dissonance kicks in. Parts of Krakoa are good and I happily cheer them on. It's given some of the best X-books in recent years. Parts of it are bad and I think even from an in-universe perspective was a terrible idea (Council of unelected, immortal oligarchs with no real checks and balances? Letting peope like Empath use their powers without any issues? The Murder Pit?)
    Empath was killed multiple times because he used his powers in horrible ways. You're half right they are immortal but all mutants are oligarchs in this Era. They share the wealth and don't just keep it to a few. The murder pit isn't good but then it is temporary and voluntary.

Quote Originally Posted by Jv565 View Post
    I am actually, and I'm really enjoying it. I'm liking Knights too, and though the art isn't fair me, Marauders is cool. Thanks so much for the suggestions though.
    Sure thing, and I'm genuinely glad you're enjoying them!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Gotta love the attitude towards any critiscism of this era. Just remember, we aren't the ones who decided what mutants needed was a Nazi on their ruling council
    Sure the xmen are now nazis.... are you done?

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    That’s a bit of a claim without substance to back it up. That’s more of Malcom X than MLK.
    Bruh that was MLK towards the end of his life. Or at least before he was killed. Multiple scholars and articles and even interviews of himself have claimed this. He realised "respectability politics" of white moderates and liberals was not going to do anything. Sympathized with black rioters, became disillusioned with the American dream, fought for redistribution of wealth and many many more very left wing ideals.

Here is an interview of him 11 months before his assassination, there are many more on youtube and you can go read many articles on his more radical political approach.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    Sure the xmen are now nazis.... are you done?
    Sinister is literally a Nazi. He was a concentration camp doctor. The writers decided they should have one of those on a ruling council in charge of a persecuted minority. Way to twist what I said as well. I said they had a Nazi on the council, not that the X-men are Nazis.

Sinister is literally a Nazi. He was a concentration camp doctor. The writers decided they should have one of those on a ruling council in charge of a persecuted minority. Way to twist what I said as well. I said they had a Nazi on the council, not that the X-men are Nazis.
    And the xmen totally accept and love him and adore him because they are now besties with him. I recall emma saying he was a cancer they need to remove as soon as possible, but guess taste as her way of saying he was her friend. Same with everyone in the council even the likes of mystique and exodus seasoned villans who also see him as repulsive trash. They all love him too I guess.

Astonishing Member

And the xmen totally accept and love him and adore him because they are now besties with him. I recall emma saying he was a cancer they need to remove as soon as possible, but guess taste as her way of saying he was her friend. Same with everyone in the council even the likes of mystique and exodus seasoned villans who also see him as repulsive trash. They all love him too I guess.
    I said the writers. Stop putting words in my mouth.

Incredible Member The Thunderbird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by imbatman1206 View Post
    This is an important point. Moral relativism will always fail because it is inherently hypocritical, and you can't take the high ground unless you are actually doing what is right, despite the cost and regardless of whether someone deserves it. And this isn't even determining 'deserve' on a personal level, which would make sense. 'We will not resurrect or otherwise help Rev. Stryker or the Purifiers.' Okay. I get that. It still might be heroic if you believe in rehabilitation. But it at least makes sense.
    That would actually make a cool punishment for them. They desire spiritual rewards in Heaven so maybe it would be good idea to keep them from dying so as long as they're neutralized as a threat.

I said the writers. Stop putting words in my mouth.
    Really the writer the same ones that have the charachters say sinister is cancer? Hmmm last I checked aside gillen no x writer actually states that they like sinister or even speak of him in a favorable manner. Hell most rarely if ever write him and when they do it's as a bumbling idiot in over his head but is also very devious and malicious Aka hellions. Didnt hickman emphatically stare through moira that sinister is a bad idea? Or you didnt read that? Hmmm

Astonishing Member

Really the writer the same ones that have the charachters say sinister is cancer? Hmmm last I checked aside gillen no x writer actually states that they like sinister or even speak of him in a favorable manner. Hell most rarely if ever write him and when they do it's as a bumbling idiot in over his head but is also very devious and malicious Aka hellions. Didnt hickman emphatically stare through moira that sinister is a bad idea? Or you didnt read that? Hmmm
    I don’t care what plans or what the writers personally think of Sinister, putting a person who has been a concentration camp doctor on the ruling council of a persecuted minority to be extremely offensive from a meta perspective, especially because they aren’t going to bring it up. It’s a choice I personally disagree with fro a creative standpoint; as is my right as a reader.

I don’t care what plans or what the writers personally think of Sinister, putting a person who has been a concentration camp doctor on the ruling council of a persecuted minority to be extremely offensive from a meta perspective, especially because they aren’t going to bring it up. It’s a choice I personally disagree with fro a creative standpoint; as is my right as a reader.
    Sure well you can send said grievances to the xoffice, whining about that on message boards instead of sending letters to the office is the same as screaming fire into your pillow when your house is on fire. Best to talk to those who can actually do something about it rather than try to say the krakoan era is evil or this or that because of that in message boards. You can ask the question in an x monday interview.

Astonishing Member

Sure well you can send said grievances to the xoffice, whining about that on message boards instead of sending letters to the office is the same as screaming fire into your pillow when your house is on fire. Best to talk to those who can actually do something about it rather than try to say the krakoan era is evil or this or that because of that in message boards. You can ask the question in an x monday interview.
    Do you qualify every complaint about anything on these boards as whining, or just the ones you personally disagree with?

Bruh that was MLK towards the end of his life. Or at least before he was killed. Multiple scholars and articles and even interviews of himself have claimed this. He realised "respectability politics" of white moderates and liberals was not going to do anything. Sympathized with black rioters, became disillusioned with the American dream, fought for redistribution of wealth and many many more very left wing ideals.

Here is an interview of him 11 months before his assassination, there are many more on youtube and you can go read many articles on his more radical political approach.

This doesn’t show him being aggressive or radical as you stated though in my opinion. He was saying that society at large needs a change in its values and systems, but he wasn’t being aggressive about when he made those speeches. He sympathized with rioters yes, as he understood they who riot had nothing and what they had taken from them and saw fit to make the oppressor see how it felt to what was once yours taken, but he still acknowledged the best way forward was non-violence and he said the truth people have a breaking point. Though in his own words he never advocated for rioting. So in my view he wasn’t aggressive or radical sympathetic? Yes. Radical? Not in the least cause it’s not radical to want for what is properly owed.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!