Page 99 of 116 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 1731

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Given the current state of marvel i really do have to wonder if one of the perhaps potential other six is a black man. I mean it kind of really just adds to what some say as the war on black men marvel got going on. And im not generally one to subscribe to that, but patterns.

I think miles is the only one doing something right now, and synch, oh and falcon but other than that i can't really think of any marvel are pushing in anything not on the x-line. Tosin maybe? Luke cage was suppose to have something coming out.

I was thinking the same thing, but thought, "Maybe I'm just reaching today." But, it make you question how many Black men are editors at Marvel. What is the role of Black men who make big decisions at Marvel? I mean, we all saw what happened with that Miles as Thor bullshit.
    Mutant and Proud!

Given the current state of marvel i really do have to wonder if one of the perhaps potential other six is a black man. I mean it kind of really just adds to what some say as the war on black men marvel got going on. And im not generally one to subscribe to that, but patterns.

I think miles is the only one doing something right now, and synch, oh and falcon but other than that i can't really think of any marvel are pushing in anything not on the x-line. Tosin maybe? Luke cage was suppose to have something coming out.
    They just announced a new, second Black Panther series (Wakanda) and Sam Wilson has his own Captain America book. Miles has a book as you mentioned, and Bishop and Synch are both on current X-teams. And Sunspot too, who is black (though maybe not colored as darkly as he should be at times).
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

There's a Latina, a Black woman, an Indian man and an Asian man...it's obvious they're trying to be inclusive and globally representational. I'll celebrate that.
    I won't cast aspersions on Gillen or Editorial for what we haven't seen yet.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Seriously this is an Judgement Day thread
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    Seriously this is an Judgement Day thread
    Ok? I'm not the one who posted the image in here. lol and also isn't this touted as being connected to judgement day?
    Last edited by jwatson; 07-08-2022 at 04:54 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post
    I was thinking the same thing, but thought, "Maybe I'm just reaching today." But, it make you question how many Black men are editors at Marvel. What is the role of Black men who make big decisions at Marvel? I mean, we all saw what happened with that Miles as Thor bullshit.
    It definitely is starting to feel a bit intentional at this point. I mean we got to be rachel dozinelled by an head editor to get a main black male character at marvel. Seems kind of weird to me i love women but almost all of marvel new black characters are female. moon girl, riri, shuri, and the list goes on. I mean it's nice some don't have to ever wonder these kind of things but the pattern is hard not to see.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    What if... These people are mutant/eternal hybrids?
    Actually, a better idea. What if they're Hellion's mutant/eternal hybrids? They all reference Eternals, or characters he's (mostly romantically or sexually) connected to in some way.

Kenta is Japanese and has black hair. Surge and Hellion, or Sersi and Hellion.
    Tom is a redhead. Jean and Hellion, or Sprite (aged up) and Hellion.
    Daniela is Brazilian and has black hair. Shark-Girl and Hellion.
    Jada is black and has dark hair. Bling! (somehow; she thought he was hot in an AU) and Hellion, or Phastos/Titanis and Hellion.
    Arjun is Indian and has black hair. Omega Sentinel and Hellion.
    Katrina looks Asian to me. Surge/Psylocke (Betsy-in-Kwannon's-body, he thought she was hot) and Hellion, or Sersi and Hellion.

See, you all thought I was crazy. Yet here we all. This event is going to be a big celebration about his continuity and love life. All roads have lead us to Hellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    What if... These people are mutant/eternal hybrids?
    I’m guessing they’re the humans that die when the Eternals die
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    I’m guessing they’re the humans that die when the Eternals die
    How does it work? Does a human suddenly and randomly die for an Eternal to return, or are they targeted? Forgive me as I'm not currently reading Eternals although I have a feeling I will.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

It definitely is starting to feel a bit intentional at this point. I mean we got to be rachel dozinelled by an head editor to get a main black male character at marvel. Seems kind of weird to me i love women but almost all of marvel new black characters are female. moon girl, riri, shuri, and the list goes on. I mean it's nice some don't have to ever wonder these kind of things but the pattern is hard not to see.
    What about Sam Wilson, Miles Morales and T’Challa?

And it’s not like there are no black male characters on X-team rosters at the moment either (Bishop, Synch, Sunspot and Manifold are in Marauders, X-men and X-men Red right now).
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    What about Sam Wilson, Miles Morales and T’Challa?

And it’s not like there are no black male characters on X-team rosters at the moment either (Bishop, Synch, Sunspot and Manifold are in Marauders, X-men and X-men Red right now).
    I'm really not going to do that and i'm actually a little suprised. You can look at the tapestry and see what you want and that is okay, and i did mention the one franchise that does have diversity that some writers are now trying to turn into less than human/deviants. But okay. ^_-
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    How does it work? Does a human suddenly and randomly die for an Eternal to return, or are they targeted? Forgive me as I'm not currently reading Eternals although I have a feeling I will.
    The machine that is Earth randomly picks a human to kill and resurrects an Eternal.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Ok? I'm not the one who posted the image in here. lol and also isn't this touted as being connected to judgement day?
    Not when you are talking about Marvel comics not choosing persons of colour etc, I come on here to catch up on Judgement Day updates not to scroll through pages of debate that has nothing to do with the actual title thread.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    The machine that is Earth randomly picks a human to kill and resurrects an Eternal.
    I have wondered this also, I was wondering if the person selected was like s somebody terminally ill etc. So it could be anybody, Tom Brady could drop dead in a middle of an NFL match, Joe Biden could die during a White House speech, Dwayne Johnsons heart could just stop during filming of his next movie.
    Do the Eternals then take on that individuals form or do they just take their life essence ?.
    Last edited by PhoenixThanos; 07-08-2022 at 06:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    Not when you are talking about Marvel comics not choosing persons of colour etc, I come on here to catch up on Judgement Day updates not to scroll through pages of debate that has nothing to do with the actual title thread.
    so i assume it didn't take you 99 pages to find that one instance that really drifted your focus from specific updates?
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.