Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

He’s just a strong guy in a comic series where TK users are basically allowed to do anything at all the writer feels like because “I don’t got to explain ****, it’s Omega “.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    He’s just a strong guy in a comic series where TK users are basically allowed to do anything at all the writer feels like because “I don’t got to explain ****, it’s Omega “.
    Even omega level powers can't stop the omega level plots colossus runs into. Didn't jean give him a good mental bill of health in x-force when she scanned him. i could be remembering wrong.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I think Colossus is such an awesome character and much like you I think he's been handed a bad set of plots due to writers not knowing what to do with him, or using his expense to prop up Kitty.

I know several people dislike the Kitty/Peter relationship as they've gotten older, and that's fine! Let them just be friends - we don't need to keep going back to it. I don't understand why we can't have the two be really good friends to each other.

As someone else touched upon, most people find Piotr 'boring'. He is the big strong guy with a heart of gold, usually equal amounts pragmatic and equal amounts emotional, and willing to sacrifice himself for those he cares about. This to a lot of people is boring, because you can always predict and count on him to do the right thing. So what happens is he gets these really out of character story arcs. Nobody knows what to do with him, but he's an iconic character who finds himself on a team so he's used for marketing, but given next to nothing to do, or he's written terribly.

I sincerely hope after Mikhail is done brainwashing him that we get some development out of that and he doesn't end up being vilified for it.

And I am totally here for bearded Piotr, but any Piotr is good for me as long as his thighs are exposed :P lol.
    Psylocke Captain Britain Rictor Dust Moonstar Hellion

It's because of this "pure hearted" idea of the character that writers think putting him through terrible things is interesting..and it might have been the first couple times..but it just isn't anymore

I'm sure Percy thinks he's being so original (and I'm sure JDW doesn't care what happens to the character one way or the other)..but it's just a slightly different take on the same old ****

He's been a consistent victim of character regression..often being reverted back to the version of the character the current writer is most nostalgic for..and forever being reverted back to an outdated, terrible costume that has no place in modern comics (it's time came and went decades ago..and I know because I've been alive for 4+)

The state and look of the character is a constant source of frustration for me and a constant source of joke material within my group of friends..and I can't even disagree or blame them..it's laughable at this point

It's hard to be interested when your favorite character is a joke and looks like a clown

As far as the beard or Domino?..kind of indifferent at this point..I just want the character to not look and act like he's stuck in the 70s/80s..I'll start caring about facial hair and relationships when we get a Manifest Destiny era style costume and some actual characterization
    Last edited by ColossusFan; 12-28-2021 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ColossusFan View Post
    It's because of this "pure hearted" idea of the character that writers think putting him through terrible things is interesting..and it might have been the first couple times..but it just isn't anymore

I'm sure Percy thinks he's being so original (and I'm sure JDW doesn't care what happens to the character one way or the other)..but it's just a slightly different take on the same old ****

He's been a consistent victim of character regression..often being reverted back to the version of the character the current writer is most nostalgic for..and forever being reverted back to an outdated, terrible costume that has no place in modern comics (it's time came and went decades ago..and I know because I've been alive for 4+)

The state and look of the character is a constant source of frustration for me and a constant source of joke material within my group of friends..and I can't even disagree or blame them..it's laughable at this point

It's hard to be interested when your favorite character is a joke and looks like a clown

As far as the beard or Domino?..kind of indifferent at this point..I just want the character to not look and act like he's stuck in 70s/80s..I'll start caring about facial hair and relationships when we get a Manifest Destiny era style costume and some actual characterization
    This is such a small part of your post, but it's actually my pet peeve when Marvel has seemingly cracked how to modernize a characters costumes and then they still go back to an outdated version.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    This is such a small part of your post, but it's actually my pet peeve when Marvel has seemingly cracked how to modernize a characters costumes and then they still go back to an outdated version.
    It's so frustrating

I love Colossus, but I can’t remember when I was excited about his stories. Piotr is always quoted as being incredibly strong (he can lift at least 100 tons), but in too many fights he is among the first to get knocked out (presumably so that the reader would feel that the danger is real). And he is too often in the background.

I remember when he got back from his injuries in the mutant massacre. He was bigger and stronger than ever, which was often highlighted in the stories, and the artists really knew how to draw him. Big, muscular, sexy … sorry, got a bit carried away there.

I hope that the current story does something interesting with him, but I worry that it will lead to a lot of angst, and then he is pushed into the background again.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    I don't understand this need to assume bad motives every time someone disagrees about something you like or dislike. Liking his beard or him with Domino doesn't make someone a hater of Colossus. Both probably got him a few new fans.

It's almost comical how badly he's been used in recent years. He was actually in a pretty good place before the 2015 Secret Wars. He'd grown a lot and was the most interesting he'd been since the early 90s. The Lemire run didn't really help or hurt him, like so many characters he was just sort of 'there.' Then he regressed to love-sick stalker in the grade-school fanfic which was X-Men Gold and it's been all downhill since then.
    I don't feel like Lemire's take was as bad as Guggs', but having him run off to the hinterlands in the X-Men's latest darkest hour and have to be brow beaten into coming back wasn't great. Like, yeah, Colossus does not have a history of healthy coping mechanisms, but three previous writers in close succession had him acknowledge this and work toward getting into a better place. Then, nah, nevermind that, he's he just gonna sulk off to brood.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I don't feel like Lemire's take was as bad as Guggs', but having him run off to the hinterlands in the X-Men's latest darkest hour and have to be brow beaten into coming back wasn't great. Like, yeah, Colossus does not have a history of healthy coping mechanisms, but three previous writers in close succession had him acknowledge this and work toward getting into a better place. Then, nah, nevermind that, he's he just gonna sulk off to brood.
    In keeping with the Marvel creatives that’s probably time to stop discussing Colossus.

Quote Originally Posted by JJS View Post
    In keeping with the Marvel creatives that’s probably time to stop discussing Colossus.
    Nah. Let us always discuss Colossus.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post
    Nah. Let us always discuss Colossus.

30 odd years since he had a bit of love.

Quote Originally Posted by JJS View Post
    30 odd years since he had a bit of love.
    But he was damn amazing back then.
    He needs a writer who truly gets him. Hopefully this story will lead to interesting things for him.

I remember the wild applauses when I saw X2 in the theater and Colossus turned to steel. He is a bit of a fan favorite.

Right or wrong I'm going to say this fast. I think Colossus is a victim of his writer's jealousy. He's the big, strong, good looking guy with the heart of gold and body made literally of steel. It's easy for me to see why men without many of those characteristics would hate on him. They probably think he's too good to be true, so they put him through hell because of it.

Also I gotta say as a long time X-Men fan (starting with Uncanny #172) the beard takes him from being a perfect 10 to a 14.

Oh god… I hate the beard…

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Oh god… I hate the beard…
    The beard and Domino are about the only palatable things relating to the character in years.