Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    I am very surprised almost no one voted for Piotr's murder on Kayla at the current X-Books 2021 awards voting so far.

To me is one of the more memorable deaths of this year and a very shocking moment as well.
    Oooo. Ooooo. I did! I did! I just couldn’t remember her name.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

man i loved him as the juggernaut and then like many teams and characters at the big 2 he was regressed back or made to play second fiddle to other characters which is a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    I can't wait for Chronicler to team up with Sketch so they can start creating X-Men graphic novels.

...and yes, poor Peter.
    That would be amazing to see

Reminds me of pixie and squirell girl playing clay figurines of heroes causing AvX

Fantastic Member

Colossus' character assassination isn't from the Chronicler stuff happening now, but from when he seemingly ignored Domino's dying request to not have her memory wiped for reasons that were never explained. AFAIK that was pre-chronicler control and just a shitty thing to do that Percy wrote for no particular reason. To say nothing of the fact that he supposedly went to help Russian mutants except when the gates appeared and Russia tried to kidnap and control their native mutant population to keep them from going to krakoa, except it was all offscreened for no good reason despite being a great character beat and a reason for Piotr to return home and yet identify with the notion that 'home' is no longer Russia, but where his mutant kindred are, which is a theme krakoa and the new era as a whole represents and would be felt all over the world that the writers have barely touched on in general, much less at the time (at the very beginning of Dawn of X). Then there's the fact that Piotr was rescued specifically by Kate and the Marauders and yet there was no reconciliation or interaction at all between Kitty and Piotr beyond 'I don't want to see him hurt anymore' which, great, thanks, but uh kate you still are the reason why he's been hurting for quite a while so maybe take some ownership of that--no, instead Kate's history with *most* X-men aside from Logan and Emma is ignored in favor of Duggan's 'Kate and Emma are BFFs' schtick.

I could say more but like, Colossus has had a bad time of things for years, and Percy has done a terrible job with him, from the very beginning of X-force when he was supposedly a main team member in the solicits and on the covers and then barely seen for months. Even after being the stand out star of the Gala he's relegated to C-tier status because Percy doesn't know how to use him and Jordan D. White doesn't care for him.

Still waiting for better times for him, but I don't expect to see them this year or the next. It'll be a long while before Piotr gets the spotlight in any enjoyable manner.

Peter was so good in the Utopia era. Unfortunately Percy is a hack who can't write morally gray characters in an interesting way, just look at his Beast lol

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post
    Less clothes on Piotr is always a good idea.
    Truth! Makes me wonder why artists rarely take advantage of his sex appeal. He could easily be Marvel's answer to Nightwing.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcansfire View Post
    Peter was so good in the Utopia era. Unfortunately Percy is a hack who can't write morally gray characters in an interesting way, just look at his Beast lol
    To be fair, he can't write purely good or evil characters either.

Colossus suffers from the fact that he has a cool look and most artists like to draw him, but personality wise most writers don't know what to do with him. Claremont understood the character and had him a part of the X-Men throughout his whole run, but immediately after he left Piotr became an afterthought. Lobdell pretty much despised him and got rid of him as soon as he could, and Ellis just committed character assassination on him. Of course he only needed to make it to Morrison who is an admitted fan, but alas Lobdell got to him first and took him off the table. It is incredibly too that what all these creators that hate Colossus have in common is that they are simps for Kate Pride (including the current Editor of the line) and 2 of them turned out to be creeps.
    Last edited by Technopriest; 01-03-2022 at 09:31 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Technopriest View Post
    Colossus suffers from the fact that he has a cool look and most artist like to draw him, but personality wise most writers don't know what to do with him. Claremont understood the character and had him a part of the X-Men throughout his whole run, but immediately after he left Piotr became an afterthought. Lobdell pretty much despised him and got rid of him as soon as he could, and Ellis just committed character assassination on him. Of course he only needed to make it to Morrison who is an admitted fan, but alas Lobdell got to him first and took him off the table. It is incredibly too that what all these creators that hate Colossus have in common is that they are simps for Kate Pride (including the current Editor of the line) and 2 of them turned out to be creeps.
    Hard to argue with any of that.

Really hope Gilles makes the most of him, as the Juggernaut stuff was pretty good if a bit short.

Quote Originally Posted by Anchorsify View Post
    Colossus' character assassination isn't from the Chronicler stuff happening now, but from when he seemingly ignored Domino's dying request to not have her memory wiped for reasons that were never explained. AFAIK that was pre-chronicler control and just a shitty thing to do that Percy wrote for no particular reason. To say nothing of the fact that he supposedly went to help Russian mutants except when the gates appeared and Russia tried to kidnap and control their native mutant population to keep them from going to krakoa, except it was all offscreened for no good reason despite being a great character beat and a reason for Piotr to return home and yet identify with the notion that 'home' is no longer Russia, but where his mutant kindred are, which is a theme krakoa and the new era as a whole represents and would be felt all over the world that the writers have barely touched on in general, much less at the time (at the very beginning of Dawn of X). Then there's the fact that Piotr was rescued specifically by Kate and the Marauders and yet there was no reconciliation or interaction at all between Kitty and Piotr beyond 'I don't want to see him hurt anymore' which, great, thanks, but uh kate you still are the reason why he's been hurting for quite a while so maybe take some ownership of that--no, instead Kate's history with *most* X-men aside from Logan and Emma is ignored in favor of Duggan's 'Kate and Emma are BFFs' schtick.

I could say more but like, Colossus has had a bad time of things for years, and Percy has done a terrible job with him, from the very beginning of X-force when he was supposedly a main team member in the solicits and on the covers and then barely seen for months. Even after being the stand out star of the Gala he's relegated to C-tier status because Percy doesn't know how to use him and Jordan D. White doesn't care for him.

Still waiting for better times for him, but I don't expect to see them this year or the next. It'll be a long while before Piotr gets the spotlight in any enjoyable manner.
    I think he's been a sleeper agent ever since he came back from the Russia mission with all those injuries. Doesn't change the fact that he completely dropped the Domino plot like you said, but I think we can assume that Piotr was already under the Chronicler's influence.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I think he's been a sleeper agent ever since he came back from the Russia mission with all those injuries. Doesn't change the fact that he completely dropped the Domino plot like you said, but I think we can assume that Piotr was already under the Chronicler's influence.
    Yeah he definitely was, when i was rereading the issue where Percy had Wolverine chasing off colossus best friends who came to see his walk of shame i noticed on the data page chronicler has a whole section scratched out which i assume is when he wrote initially for Colossus to kill beast but instead colossus did not. Which now makes sense as issues later we found out on panel he was trying to make peter do certain things but apparently it had to be natural so killing kayla was easier than killing beast. Though i don't know how the conclusion could be reached he would be capable of one over the other. If he fought killing Beast who at the time was basically coming after him for a crime why would he kill kayla that basically was a stepford wife.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Well i guess you could make the argument that Peter subconscious in a bid to free him from what he knew wasn't "real" snapped kayla neck but i don't think that is where the story was going.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

It's funny how fans say Whedon and Guggs wrote themselves as Peter to get with Kate, which does not make much sense. I mean how many cahracters did Bendis use as an avatar to get with her? In two universes, no less.

I am going to be picking up IXM regardless, but I hope they do him well.
    Last edited by Omnipitus; 01-07-2022 at 11:50 PM.

I absolutely hate both Guggs and Whedon versions of Colossus. They wrote him as pretty much a simpleton whose only reason for existing was Kate, when in continuity both characters had moved on from that relationship and it should stayed that way, especially Piotr who already had relationships after Kitty. But of course Ellis had to drag him back only to show how a creep like Wisdom was so much better than him (sounds familiar).
    Last edited by Technopriest; 01-07-2022 at 11:09 PM.