Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Any costume where Colossus wears pants is a bad costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Yeah..no

One of the worst costumes in comics..it's fucking embarrassing that it's still around

Wearing a diaper isn't cool man

Just underwear/a diaper, underwear/a diaper on the outside, pirate boots, one piece bathing suits, 60s skirts, 70s pop collars, dumb pointy shoulders, etc...not cool anymore (some of them never were)

Any costume where he's not wearing pants is a bad costume

Time to move on from costumes that have been outdated for 3 decades or more

He can not wear pants, underwear or a diaper. There are other options.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by ColossusFan View Post
    Yeah..no

One of the worst costumes in comics..it's fucking embarrassing that it's still around

Wearing a diaper isn't cool man

Just underwear/a diaper, underwear/a diaper on the outside, pirate boots, one piece bathing suits, 60s skirts, 70s pop collars, dumb pointy shoulders, etc...not cool anymore (some of them never were)

Any costume where he's not wearing pants is a bad costume

Time to move on from costumes that have been outdated for 3 decades or more
    Look I agree with younfor most part, but I think you are too harsh with pirate boots and pop collars. They do not fit every character, and sure as hell do not fit colossus, but I think that for other characters will work fine.
    As for Colossus, with the costume the issue is his power. Colossus like all "elemental body" guys has a very graphical power, that it really capture the attention. The more you show of metallic/diamond/stone skin the better. You have enough make the best balance between, modesty, practical aspect and well, the fact that those guys and gals with the power they have look cooler almost naked. There is a reason that Ben Grimm classic costume is often just a blue trunks, and Emma Frost a.ready minimal clothing had been reduced even more for her diamon form.

If i was colossus i would just wear a thong.

edit: I mean one, clothes always feel restrictive like you can feel you have something on and two, nothing could hurt your berries.
    Last edited by jwatson; 12-30-2021 at 02:29 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    If i was colossus i would just wear a thong.
    Exactly this. If I looked like the Silver Surfer, but *even buffer,* I'd totally dress like the Silver Surfer.

But I'd at least want a costume that shows off his metal arms. Bring on the gun show.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I am very surprised almost no one voted for Piotr's murder on Kayla at the current X-Books 2021 awards voting so far.

To me is one of the more memorable deaths of this year and a very shocking moment as well.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Exactly this. If I looked like the Silver Surfer, but *even buffer,* I'd totally dress like the Silver Surfer.

But I'd at least want a costume that shows off his metal arms. Bring on the gun show.
    Exactly! If i'm colossus i'm distracting evrrrybody coming through like... colossusoutfit.jpg
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    I am very surprised almost no one voted for Piotr's murder on Kayla at the current X-Books 2021 awards voting so far.

To me is one of the more memorable deaths of this year and a very shocking moment as well.
    Couldn't disagree more. Its symptomatic of the fake progressivism too many of the straight white male writers of this era are becoming known for like Duggan and Percy....Percy tried so hard to act like he was hanging a lampshade on the problem of fridging female characters, but without ever acknowledging that nobody made him fridge that character and her death still happened to advance the overall story he was crafting with the male character of Piotr.

And you can't critique or condemn a problematic narrative trope BY DELIBERATELY LEANING INTO IT AND MAKING USE OF IT AT THE EXACT SAME TIME, lmao.

Sorry not sorry but I read that scene and the Chronicler's narration and my jaw just dropped for all the wrong reasons....not because I was shocked at the plot twist but because I was like, is the writer literally serious right now? Does he actually think he just said something profound about the agency of female characters and the problem of fridging them for a male character's story.....by simply fridging this new cardboard character of his that he's spent zero time actually developing and fleshing out into someone we know stuff about and are invested in, all for the sake of the storyline he's crafted around Piotr?

That was an epic fail, Percy. Please invest some time in actually learning about the REASON criticism of stuff like the women in refrigerators trope exists, rather than just paying lip service to the idea that 'I heard this is bad, so I'm doing something important by repeating that this is bad even if I don't really get why.'

Quote Originally Posted by ColossusFan View Post
    It's so frustrating
    I will give you that the Manifest Destiny era costume and modern takes on his classic costumes have been great. Honestly I like them. I just prefer more of his steel body being shown because his power is so neat.

I've seen several redesigns fan-art that have him in pants but shirtless which also work.

I sincerely just hope he gets spotlight after Inferno and it's good stuff for him. I do love the character...and I'll say that I think the best part of the current arch is him subconsciously painting. Anytime they bring his painting skills around is a plus to me!
    Psylocke Captain Britain Rictor Dust Moonstar Hellion

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post
    Colossus like all "elemental body" guys has a very graphical power, that it really capture the attention. The more you show of metallic/diamond/stone skin the better. You have enough make the best balance between, modesty, practical aspect and well, the fact that those guys and gals with the power they have look cooler almost naked. There is a reason that Ben Grimm classic costume is often just a blue trunks, and Emma Frost a.ready minimal clothing had been reduced even more for her diamon form.
    Less clothes on Piotr is always a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by PsionicHero View Post
    I sincerely just hope he gets spotlight after Inferno and it's good stuff for him. I do love the character...and I'll say that I think the best part of the current arch is him subconsciously painting. Anytime they bring his painting skills around is a plus to me!
    And him looking good while painting.

Arms and head exposed is all he needs

New Status quo, new age for Marvel's mutants or whatever..and yet here we are..still stuck in an outdated (and has been for decades), dumb looking, weird 70s diaper get up..it's just pathetic at this point

Looks like something Ronald McDonald might wear if he was into the whole adult baby, diaper fetish thing

Give him back his Manifest Destiny costume (and his dignity), shrink his bracers a little so more of his arms show.. and we're all good..then he can stop being a joke and look like an actual (modern) superhero..instead of a grown man that goes around wearing a diaper (or underwear or short ass shorts or whatever) looking like a fool
    Last edited by ColossusFan; 12-30-2021 at 11:40 AM.

When has he gone commando and how could you tell?

Spectacular Member

Wonder if there is much of an audience for him for people under 40.

Did next to nothing in the comics since Claremont left.

Deadpool movies (didn’t like what they did with him overall) massive opportunity to push the character and absolutely nothing did with it.

I know this thread has colossus all over my mind. lol

colossuscrew.jpg
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.