Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default It's time to discuss Colossus...

I get it. Non-Colossus fans love the beard. X-Men readers who could care less about Piotr "Peter" Rasputin are very upset that Colossus in part of the Quiet Council now. Colossus haterz are still calling him the p-word, and want to ship Illyana and Kate. And some anti-Colossus fans think Peter and Domino are a match like Reed and Sue.

Little weird, but I get it.

So Peter has no say in what he does. This Chronicler fella decides what Colossus is going to do, with his older brother, Mikhail Rasputin, pulling the strings. As Wolverine used to refer to Colossus, "Petey Pureheart" snaps Kayla's back/neck, then buries her underground, deep.

Look, it is not the character assassination that Jason Aaron, Joe Quesada, Scott Lobdell, Bendis, or Bob Harris gave to Colossus in the past. All those writers/editors already did damge to Peter. Now it is Jordan D. White who has gone on record stating he hates Colossus.

I hate getting "meta" into comics, but damn. Colossus is an amazing character who should not be treated like an idiot because editors and creators had a crush on Kitty/Kate Pryde.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omnipitus View Post
    I get it. Non-Colossus fans love the beard. X-Men readers who could care less about Piotr "Peter" Rasputin are very upset that Colossus in part of the Quiet Council now. Colossus haterz are still calling him the p-word, and want to ship Illyana and Kate. And some anti-Colossus fans think Peter and Domino are a match like Reed and Sue.

Little weird, but I get it.

So Peter has no say in what he does. This Chronicler fella decides what Colossus is going to do, with his older brother, Mikhail Rasputin, pulling the strings. As Wolverine used to refer to Colossus, "Petey Pureheart" snaps Kayla's back/neck, then buries her underground, deep.

Look, it is not the character assassination that Jason Aaron, Joe Quesada, Scott Lobdell, Bendis, or Bob Harris gave to Colossus in the past. All those writers/editors already did damge to Peter. Now it is Jordan D. White who has gone on record stating he hates Colossus.

I hate getting "meta" into comics, but damn. Colossus is an amazing character who should not be treated like an idiot because editors and creators had a crush on Kitty/Kate Pryde.
    Agreed.

If you look how far he came by the end of the outback era it’s quite sad to see what most have did with him.

Whedon, Gillen, Wood, and Yost did some decent work with him.

Kitty is an *******.

How is it character assassination when he is being controlled? It's just a storyline.

The people mad about Nature girl's change are more in line with what a character assassination is but Colossus is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    How is it character assassination when he is being controlled? It's just a storyline.

The people mad about Nature girl's change are more in line with what a character assassination is but Colossus is fine.
    I'm hopeful this will lead to some interesting growth for Colossus once he breaks free. He being on the QC and written by Gillen are good signs.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I'm hopeful this will lead to some interesting growth for Colossus once he breaks free. He being on the QC and written by Gillen are good signs.
    Colossus is the George Harrison of the X-Men. He is so much better than (most) ppl realize.

Here’s hoping he gets some real break out moments in the coming year.

100% agree that his current usage in the X-line and mind control storyline are not great for the character.

I don't know about conflating his general misuse with liking his beard or his relationship with Domino.

Yeah, I miss the Outback era Colossus….

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    My biggest concern about Inferno #4 is what it establishes is his situation going for. Because even regardless of him being controlled by the Chronicler in X-Force, the blue glint on his eye when he showed up on the last page of issue #2 while Xavier said 'in him we can trust,' made me worry it was implying that Xavier wasn't above mind controlling or psychically tampering with his mind or memories to get the specific reaction to Moira's existence they desired from him and whatever votes they wanted his support on in the Council. Idk, I could just be reading too much into that but I really do feel like the current era of writers just view him as this super strong dumbass who is particularly vulnerable to being exploited and jerked around by everyone who wants to play puppet master with him and thinks he's easily manipulated.

I'm just over here like hey Illyana, could you magic up some kinda anti-possession/anti-telepathic tampering talisman for your brother, along the lines of how Juggernaut's magic derived helmet protects him from psychic intrusion? Big brother could REALLY use something like that.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Yeah, I miss the Outback era Colossus….
    I often forget, Peter was even apart of the Outback era...

I can't wait for Chronicler to team up with Sketch so they can start creating X-Men graphic novels.

...and yes, poor Peter.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

I thought Gillen > Hopeless > Yost did some decent rehab work with the guy, but then Lemire > Guggs > Percy decided that maturity and self-actualization weren't a good look on him, and here we are. Though if Gillen can pull out another scene that hits even half as hard as "there are no snowflakes in hell", I'll happily read along.

I'm no great fan of Colossus but it's always sad when you see a character fall on hard times.

When it comes to the X-men the expression "there are no bad characters" certainly shines true. What we have is people that for whatever reason steer them down a bad path.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    I'm no great fan of Colossus but it's always sad when you see a character fall on hard times.

When it comes to the X-men the expression "there are no bad characters" certainly shines true. What we have is people that for whatever reason steer them down a bad path.
    This here. I don't enjoy seeing Storm little bro treated like the lesser x-man. It seems colossus never recovered after they had kate abandon him at the alter. Which to me felt like a horrible story. it felt like the whole set up was to make him as needy and regressive as possible just to show kate has finally moved on. When they could have just never circled back since she was already in a full engagement with quill etc and had moved on in many ways during bendis. Then guggeheim just went ham on colossus. He was one of the WORST modern marvel writers imo even moreso than Aaron. Aaron throws things at the wall but when he's on, the man is on guggheim picked the worst and best of nostalgia and then ruined it all.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I DO think the beard is cool and Domino is a great love partner.

I also DO believe writers need to use him in a better way. Killing his new girlfriend, really?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    I DO think the beard is cool and Domino is a great love partner.

I also DO believe writers need to use him in a better way. Killing his new girlfriend, really?
    Not only killing her but having him do the actual deed with his own hands. It's just hard for me to believe all the x-men missed it. Say what one will but one thing about the All New Xmen is they always made time to check in with each other and were usually always the first to call each other out. With NIghcrawler, Storm, Wolverine in the positions they are in its hard to believe no a single one picked up on what's going on with peter. Even in Bob Woods xmen run when Storm/Colossus had tension you could tell it was all love and they had each other back.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/