Default The new marvel code system...

This new system could one conceivably go to the shop just take pics of all the weeks new issues and not buy them and redeem codes that way. Or could I send my pics of my books to anyone and they submit them even after I have and everyone gets everything.

Seems rife with shenanigans.

Yeah, will someone actually be checking that a photo hasn't been sent in multiple times, having been downloaded from the net or shared? I doubt it.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I suppose each cover could have a unique code, just like the unique code covered by a sticker that was inside the comic books for a while now.

I did scan the cover of Savage Avengers #27 and emailed them and got an answer with the code pretty quickly. Within a day. The code was only 5 characters this time.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 12-28-2021 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by super curry max View Post
    This new system could one conceivably go to the shop just take pics of all the weeks new issues and not buy them and redeem codes that way. Or could I send my pics of my books to anyone and they submit them even after I have and everyone gets everything.

Seems rife with shenanigans.
    What is Marvel doing with the digital redemption codes these days? Are people getting the digital code for the paper issue they just bought, or is it for some other title? I stopped buying paper monthly issues a while ago. I get my new books from Comixology and then maybe buy a print graphic novel later.
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

Quote Originally Posted by Clea View Post
    What is Marvel doing with the digital redemption codes these days? Are people getting the digital code for the paper issue they just bought, or is it for some other title? I stopped buying paper monthly issues a while ago. I get my new books from Comixology and then maybe buy a print graphic novel later.
    If you are buying the digital anyway, it wouldn't effect you. What the new system will be on redeeming codes from comics purchased at your comic shop is anyone's guess. I'm curious if the ones I buy tomorrow will have the same message to scan in the comic you buy and email Marvel.

Personally I like buying the comic at the LCS and then redeem the code as I posted. Sometimes if I'm not sure a new comic is a "keeper" I just buy the digital version or wait until it comes on Marvel Unlimited since I have a subscription there. This way if I am traveling (which I've not done much of lately ) I have a lot of reading material I can access on my IPOD Pro.

BTW I snagged a few Marvel Masterworks volumes for about $1.88 at Comixology the other day, like volume 5 (Roy Thomas/Neal Adams) of the X-Men and 6 (Claremont / Byrne) of the X-Men , volumes 5 (Claremont/Byrne) and 6 (Claremont/Byrne/Austin) of Uncanny X-Men, and volume 2 of Jim Starlin's Warlock. I think they will be having sales all week on a lot of digital collected volumes for less than $3.00
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 12-28-2021 at 09:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    If you are buying the digital anyway, it wouldn't effect you. What the new system will be on redeeming codes from comics purchased at your comic shop is anyone's guess. I'm curious if the ones I buy tomorrow will have the same message to scan in the comic you buy and email Marvel.

Personally I like buying the comic at the LCS and then redeem the code as I posted. Sometimes if I'm not sure a new comic is a "keeper" I just buy the digital version or wait until it comes on Marvel Unlimited since I have a subscription there. This way if I am traveling (which I've not done much of lately ) I have a lot of reading material I can access on my IPOD Pro.

BTW I snagged a few Marvel Masterworks volumes for about $1.88 at Comixology the other day, like volume 5 (Roy Thomas/Neal Adams) of the X-Men and 6 (Claremont / Byrne) of the X-Men , volumes 5 (Claremont/Byrne) and 6 (Claremont/Byrne/Austin) of Uncanny X-Men, and volume 2 of Jim Starlin's Warlock. I think they will be having sales all week on a lot of digital collected volumes for less than $3.00
    Thanks for the heads up!
    I need to snag a few of the Masterworks, myself.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Someone on Reddit suggested this might be related to the printer issues. I don't know if that's true, but I hope it is because this is a dumb, pain the ass system.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

I picked up 4 new comics this week, The Thing #3, Dark Ages #4, Savage Avengers #28 and Fantastic Four #39. Except for the Fantastic Four, the others all had a code inside covered by a sticker as the did before. But I was only able to get the code for the Thing to work. I'm going to try again tomorrow in case this is some strange glitch. I tried to redeem Dark Ages and Savage Avengers about 4 times and gave up, only entering one digit/letter at a time very slowly too.

Anyone else have any problems?

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Redeemed two comics with the new system today. It's a bit more cumbersome than the old one, but it only took 15 minutes for them to send me my codes to redeem. Not certain why they made this change to be honest, but it isn't too bad. Certainly removes the recurring problem of issues just not coming with the stickers.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Spectacular Member

Bit of an old thread I know, but I have been finding this system terribly annoying to use. I get most of my comics in bunches in the post so I have to take photos of each one then send them all off one by one, takes forever!

Though the last set of comics I got all but one had the normal code under a peal off label again, so I'm hoping they are going back to that.

All the comics I bought this week had codes inside and I was able to redeem them right away.

Avengers #53
    Maestro World War M #1
    Dark Reign #4