Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Default Power of Light (2021) - Storm and Thor Team-Up

It would appear Marvel gave their fans a late but much appreciated Christmas gift. See below for a synopsis of the issue.

Issue starts with Thor flying in deep space when he comes across a planet that has caught his eye. He investigates to find a small group of Skrull where their leader Lyder'is explains they are from the future. He explains they came from a planet that was meant to be a utopia but its emperor Dorrek wanted something far more bleak. Lyder'Is and those wanting to live a peaceful life created an ecological light power time machine but as they attempted to flee they were attacked. They landed in a place they knew thor would soon fly past in hopes he could aid them. The skrull village needed the sun for not only their tech but also sun/rain for their crops but there wasn't environment to sustain either. Thor explains he could create massive storms but he had the perfect person who could assist for their needs specifically.

The issue shifts to Ororo watering her plants. Thor teleports in and asks for her aid which she agrees to help. The story transitions back to the Skrull village where one expresses thor wouldn't come back to help. They then are attacked by the forces they fled. When hope had all but appeared lost to them, the prayed to their diety and then both storm and Thor appeared. They both fought off the forces but when done Thor mentions there is one more act that must be done; thst he brought Ororo here for this very reason.

Though uncertain she could do what was needed, Ororo then flies to the sky creates and atmosphere from nothing and places a mini-sun into the sky creating a self-sustaining environment that will last them for their entire days. Thor and Storm leave with the Skrull thanking them for their help.

It was a really nice team-up and it was cool to see Thor having so much faith in Ororo when she didn't believe she could do what was needed. Overall it was a fun one and done issue. Erica Schultz did a great job showing a balance between the two heroes and I as a storm fan was pleasantly surprised. If you feel inclined to please show her some love if you gave a twitter account!

https://mobile.twitter.com/EricaSchu...51812589604866

read issue here:
    https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1475461747813371909
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 12-27-2021 at 01:30 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

We need a whole Storm & Thor series where they venture out into space and eliminate threats to the galaxy. What better mentor to an new Divine Queen than a Divine King? It just makes sense. The team up was awesome and the feats legendary...

Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post
    We need a whole Storm & Thor series where they venture out into space and eliminate threats to the galaxy. What better mentor to an new Divine Queen than a Divine King? It just makes sense.
    Absolutely!! I would so be behind this book. Marvel if you reading make it happen!!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

We need a whole Storm & Thor series where they venture out into space and eliminate threats to the galaxy. What better mentor to an new Divine Queen than a Divine King? It just makes sense. The team up was awesome and the feats legendary...
    That is a terrific idea and I hope we get it! (Sending those telepathic thoughts to Marvel!)
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 12-27-2021 at 03:17 PM.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Absolutely. I love seeing them team up and they've had cool moments throughout the year.

can I just say storm creating mini-suns need to be trending on twitter lol

"I need your help, Storm, and we must leave quickly. There are..."
    "Say no more. You need my help, it is yours."

What a fun little read. Thanks for the heads up, butterflykyss.

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    can I just say storm creating mini-suns need to be trending on twitter lol

And to think, you had some saying Storm was Thor's pet.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    "I need your help, Storm, and we must leave quickly. There are..."
    "Say no more. You need my help, it is yours."

What a fun little read. Thanks for the heads up, butterflykyss.

I liked that part too. Storm doesn't even question it! A trusted friend needs help and she's there without pause!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Reminds me of Almighty Storm, Skybreaker and All-Mother from Pak's X-Treme.
    tumblr_n9lm41hfh41qeu9hwo1_500.jpg
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

I like Storm/BP as a couple but Storm/Thor could be great too.

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post

And to think, you had some saying Storm was Thor's pet.
    bish this post got me rolling and epic shade lololol

bish this post got me rolling and epic shade lololol
    Lmao! It just had to be said!

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Lmao! It just had to be said!
    im.glad you said it.

Ian im seeing some say Thor could have done all of this has he created a self sustaining sun and atmosphere before? if so when?

im.glad you said it.

Ian im seeing some say Thor could have done all of this has he created a self sustaining sun and atmosphere before? if so when?
    I don't know about the self sustaining climate/weather. He did power the artificial sun of Polemachus though. I recall Arkon noting Thor was able to do this for his people once before he encountered Storm.