Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Hmmm no tie ins with the Avengers and Eternals titles, please keep Jason Aaron away from this mini-series.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    Hmmm no tie ins with the Avengers and Eternals titles, please keep Jason Aaron away from this mini-series.
    Seems that rather than taking place in the main book itself, the Eternals tie-in is Death to the Mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    That list is only the first half or so of the storyline
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

You'd still expect an Avengers tie-in, even if it's a one-shot and not by Aaron.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    You'd still expect an Avengers tie-in, even if it's a one-shot and not by Aaron.
    Hopefully the upcoming All Out Avengers can crossover leaving Jason Aaron alone in his own sandpit.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member

Honestly, considering the Avengers will almost certainly end up somehow eating the in-universe blame for whatever calamities occur in this event; I’m ok with a lack of tie-ins

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Such a verbal smackdown. I'm so sad to see that series come to an end. It was one of my favorite ongoings.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    The few decades the Eternals feed upon like Skeksis on essence while they let Thanos murder half a universe so they could torture A’lars

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Who's First Last? Is that the inker?

Quote Originally Posted by Jv565 View Post
    Such a verbal smackdown. I'm so sad to see that series come to an end. It was one of my favorite ongoings.
    Verbal smackdown? Sersi comes across as an incredibly arrogant sociopath. If anything, Sersi fans should hate that exchange. It's the kind of villain-speech that's obviously a set-up to her receiving a brutal comeuppance.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Verbal smackdown? Sersi comes across as an incredibly arrogant sociopath. If anything, Sersi fans should hate that exchange. It's the kind of villain-speech that's obviously a set-up to her receiving a brutal comeuppance.
    Actually, you don't need to rely on intuition to know that. The actual comic says she comes to regret it later. And, though I am a Sersi fan, I don't need for her to always be right or always be good to enjoy a scene with her. She's gotten so few of them in the last few decades that it's nice to see her in the spotlight. And I'm not sure I agree with her coming off as an arrogant sociopath. She stated facts. The Eternals have been there long before Iron Man. Theoretically, they will be there long after. More than that, Sersi actually prefaced the exchange by saying she was going to tell him what 90 percent of the other Eternals would say, and not necessarily what she believed. So, there's actually a bit more to it than just what you read there.

Astonishing Member

In the context of ‘letting an omnicidal psychopath of Eternal extraction run loose’, pointing out how long the Eternals have been around makes it worse.

They have let Thanos run loose for centuries/millennia and, before he inconvenienced them, the Eternals didn’t lift a finger beyond Zuras and Dania using it as excuse to torture A’Lars for heresy

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    In the context of ‘letting an omnicidal psychopath of Eternal extraction run loose’, pointing out how long the Eternals have been around makes it worse.

They have let Thanos run loose for centuries/millennia and, before he inconvenienced them, the Eternals didn’t lift a finger beyond Zuras and Dania using it as excuse to torture A’Lars for heresy
    There's certainly a point to be made for that. Though, I'm not sure I'd ever classify the Eternals as heroes. They're much more like chess pieces that are moved around by the Celestials to fit an overarching goal. On the flipside of that, there have been heroes on the Earth for almost as long as there have been Eternals, and it's not like they spend all their time trying to take down Thanos. He hasn't exactly been a secret, and these heroes are every bit as powerful as the Eternals (if you go by their interactions with both the modern day Avengers and the BC Avengers). Come to think of it, the simple utterance of 'No More Thanos' by a certain romani witch could have saved the universe a lot of heartache. So, you know, plenty of blame to go around for that one.