Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Has it been announced if Judgement Day (AXE) is a stand alone series ?, how many issues ? or does it also play out in pages of the regular series of the Avengers, the X-Men and the Eternals ?.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

It's definitely a stand-alone series (written by one writer and drawn by one artist), but likely with a lot of tie-ins, in the tradition of Marvel's big summer event.

Nothing is known about the number of issues yet

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Seeing a non-mutant Phoenix still makes me sad.
    And with Jean just there in the same page lol. I hope they don’t interact.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenXXX View Post
    It's definitely a stand-alone series (written by one writer and drawn by one artist), but likely with a lot of tie-ins, in the tradition of Marvel's big summer event.

Nothing is known about the number of issues yet
    These are my thoughts as well. Standard procedure.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post
    And with Jean just there in the same page lol. I hope they don’t interact.
    They have to interact. It would be a missed opportunity if they don't. In these events there are a lot of background characters. They only focus on a few, and Echo might not make their cut.

Exactly. Jean will rip the Bird away from Echo.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    They have to interact. It would be a missed opportunity if they don't. In these events there are a lot of background characters. They only focus on a few, and Echo might not make their cut.
    I just don’t have high hopes for an interaction between them about Phoenix, because it has to follow the current Post-Resurrection take, that Phoenix is like an abusive toxic partner to Jean and that’s not something I agree with. But well, we will see.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Seeing a non-mutant Phoenix still makes me sad.
    Me to. Sad that the current writer is soooo creative he randomly eFFed up and dumbed down the PF lol
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    Will Thanos be the big bad they all face at the series' end, Thanos is Prime Eternal afterall.
    Yeah that's what I'm guessing as well

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    lol omg Mutants are actually Deviants

To be fair Druig is a liar and current is the lapdog of Thanos I'd hardly trust sh!t he says
    Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Good. It failed too many times in the X-Movies and IF it happens I wouldn't mind MCU using it to propel Echo to the wider audience.
    You mean in that one movie? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    lol on can only hope
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Me to. Sad that the current writer is soooo creative he randomly eFFed up and dumbed down the PF lol

Yeah that's what I'm guessing as well

To be fair Druig is a liar and current is the lapdog of Thanos I'd hardly trust sh!t he says

You mean in that one movie? lol

lol on can only hope
    Well if non mutatn can because phoenix host, is only fair that mutants should play with Galactus or Captajn Universe(for the latter we have precedents. Laura was Captain Universe host in past).
    But why not Emma Frost herald of Galactus? She fit the bill, and would be an unusual Herald at least.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    Has it been announced if Judgement Day (AXE) is a stand alone series ?, how many issues ? or does it also play out in pages of the regular series of the Avengers, the X-Men and the Eternals ?.
    Just to copy my own post from a similar discussion in the X-Books board:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a Marvel Summer Event, not just an X-Books crossover like Hellfire Gala or X of Swords, so it's a bit different.
    The standard way Marvel does these events now is with a standalone event miniseries, accompanied by tie-in issues from regular ongoing books for readers who want the 'more complete' story.

Regarding number of issues, I think Marvel has revamped how long their events were after Secret Empire, which they had a lot of trouble with because they had to keep adding issues.
    If we look at previous Marvel events (published post-Secret Empire):
    Infinity Wars - 6 issues + 1 epilogue issue
    War of the Realms - 6 issues + 1 epilogue issue
    Empyre - 6 issues + 2 epilogue issues
    King in Black - 5 issues
    Heroes Reborn - 8 issues
    Devil's Reign - 6 issues + 1 epilogue issue

So my guess is that Judgment Day would be around 6 to 8 issues, starting in July and wrapping up by September/October.

Regarding tie-in issues, the article seems to suggest that Eternals, X-Men, Immortal X-Men and Avengers will tie into Judgment Day.
    Eternals and IXM are Gillen's books. X-Men is Gerry Duggan's and Avengers is Jason Aaron's.

I would normally say that Al Ewing would definitely tie into this with X-Men Red, but per his recent interview I think his outlook towards event tie-ins has changed drastically so I'm not so sure anymore.
    Still, Storm, Magneto and Cable are on the Dustin Weaver teaser so I'm sure X-Men Red will have some presence.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    It will be easy too. We all know white people excel at taking things from Native Americans.
    Last edited by Dipter; 02-03-2022 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    It will be easy too. We all know white people excel at taking things from Native Americans.
    Quoted for truth.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Good. It failed too many times in the X-Movies and IF it happens I wouldn't mind MCU using it to propel Echo to the wider audience.
    You mean that ONE movie that barely borrows like, two panels? from the original story

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post
    You mean that ONE movie that barely borrows like, two panels? from the original story
    Fox failed it twice. In X-3 and Dark Phoenix.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Noooo. That is not what I meant!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!