Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    yeah exactly, X-Men is probably one of the most sellingest comic ever...
    Charlie, WTF? "One of the best selling comics ever" would have been sufficient. lmao!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Romy134 View Post
    I haven't kept up with all the books, but was Karma killed and brought back with her prosthetics leg? Why wouldn't she just return with fully? That just seem weird.
    Because the character as written didn't want to. Same thing with Forge. Get over it.
    Last edited by rcaguy; 12-28-2021 at 05:24 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    Erhm but Karma can walk
    Shhhh. Don't confuse these guys with the truth.
    Last edited by rcaguy; 12-28-2021 at 05:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Hickman probably thought he had 40+ issues to resolve everything but when you are dealing with characters you DO NOT OWN and the agendas of their owners-you don't always get the complete story.

For all the complaints how much of that is on Hickman versus Marvel editors and their agendas?

Lets take the mutants that came back to life-while Tag (did he come back?) was not wanted by his family-where is Synch's? Prodigy's? Their families cared about them.

How many would want to stay versus running the first chance they got?
    I think in one of the recent podcast interviews he did Hickman mentioned that he wasn’t interested in doing long runs anymore. Maybe he really was primarily interested in shaking up the X-Men, writing a few stories. and leaving. It’s honestly all way too vague as of now and it’ll probably be a long time (or never) before we get a tell-all interview explaining the whole thing.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Charlie, WTF? "One of the best selling comics ever" would have been sufficient. lmao!
    lol, gotta make a splash in people's minds

BANNED

Success: the entire Krakoa hero base

Failure: the Cuckoos calling Emma mom. WTF

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Success: the entire Krakoa hero base

Failure: the Cuckoos calling Emma mom. WTF
    Look by character continuity 90% of the Krakoans should barely be able to tolerate it, much less not try to outright kill each other all the time. (It’s my personal head cannon that the resurrection queue is so long because Magneto keeps on killing Sinister every single day since Sinister was a lab partner with Mengele at Auschwitz the same time Erik was there). Honestly just pretend that Charles made a get along version of Sublime, infected everyone with it except maybe the Hellions and Sinister, and everything makes a lot more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Doing away with even the PRETENSE of death in comics having an impact is exactly the opposite of adding "high stakes." There ARE no stakes when characters can be casually killed off and then rez'ed again five minutes later, as if they never died at all.
    For me it's the opposite -- he did away with the PRETENSE of death because it's just that, a pretense, and everybody knows it. There are naturally more interesting stakes when you're forced to do away with stakes that no one takes seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Hickman probably thought he had 40+ issues to resolve everything but when you are dealing with characters you DO NOT OWN and the agendas of their owners-you don't always get the complete story.

For all the complaints how much of that is on Hickman versus Marvel editors and their agendas?

Lets take the mutants that came back to life-while Tag (did he come back?) was not wanted by his family-where is Synch's? Prodigy's? Their families cared about them.

How many would want to stay versus running the first chance they got?
    Hickman did have 40+ issues. He wrote 10 issues of HoXPoX, 21 issues of X-Men, 4 issues of Inferno, 3 X of Swords one-shots, 5 Giant-Sized X-Men one-shots, and 4 New Mutants issues, bringing him to a total of 47 issues (plus the opening arc of X-Men Unlimited and contributions to two issues of Empyre X-Men, so maybe more like 50 issues).
    Last edited by Krakoa; 12-29-2021 at 12:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Hickman did have 40+ issues. He wrote 10 issues of HoXPoX, 21 issues of X-Men, 4 issues of Inferno, 3 X of Swords one-shots, 5 Giant-Sized X-Men one-shots, and 4 New Mutants issues, bringing him to a total of 47 issues (plus the opening arc of X-Men Unlimited and contributions to two issues of Empyre X-Men, so maybe more like 50 issues).
    I've never thought about his run length like this.

This fact is making me very angry.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    HOX/POX was 12 issues so yeah definitely about 50 issues… that is INSANE to think about.

how long was Grant Morrison's phenomenal run?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I think in one of the recent podcast interviews he did Hickman mentioned that he wasn’t interested in doing long runs anymore. Maybe he really was primarily interested in shaking up the X-Men, writing a few stories. and leaving. It’s honestly all way too vague as of now and it’ll probably be a long time (or never) before we get a tell-all interview explaining the whole thing.
    I think he said Marvel uses him/wants to use him as the guy who shakes/brings back franchises and then let's others go forward w/ it.
    And w/ how they shafted his X-plans(we know for a fact he wanted to tell his whole story) I can see why

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    how long was Grant Morrison's phenomenal run?
    41 or 42 with an annual and a special I think

His success was New Mutants his failure was everything else related to House of X l but it is fine since I didn't trust him anyway.