View Poll Results: Would you support a JL with that lineup?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES!

30 69.77%
  • NO!

13 30.23%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

I'm not a fan of the trope where 'oh hey, all the men got teleported offworld/beaten with a virus so now all the women step up'. I would rather all women/POC characters are out there saving the day and making a difference even under normal circumstances and in spite of the obstacles that come their way.

I would rather writers lean into character's own established history or find commonalities in order to bring them together.

Wonder Woman, Zatanna, Vixen, Dr Light/Kimiyo Hoshi, Hawkgirl/Shayera Hol and Black Canary have all served together on the League. So it's not crazy to me to think they hang out in their off time and even form their own team based on their history. From there they could invite other heroines to participate in their little get together.

Likewise, I've been reading Justice League Detroit and it's got me thinking about the number of DC characters who come from Detroit; John Stewart, Cyborg, Amazing Man, Vibe, Firestorm/Jason Rusch, Commander Steel and a few others I'm probably forgetting or unaware of. It's not unlikely to imagine these guys getting together and deciding to form their own team.

Donna Troy has also been the leader of the Titans when Dick Grayson was away or unavailable. She is also close with Starfire, Raven, Jade, Cassie and Bumblebee. Why wouldn't form their own team and kick ass?

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Donna Troy has also been the leader of the Titans when Dick Grayson was away or unavailable. She is also close with Starfire, Raven, Jade, Cassie and Bumblebee. Why wouldn't form their own team and kick ass?
    Honestly that's kinda how the BoP started. Barbara Gordon put together a team of friends to help her do superhero stuff. It wasn't actually even 100% female.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Honestly that's kinda how the BoP started. Barbara Gordon put together a team of friends to help her do superhero stuff. It wasn't actually even 100% female.
    That was sort of retconned a bit later, as in universe it turns out she tried at least one other solo female hero first, Power Girl. Or rather Power Girl that week she took all of Captain America's super steroids, who then left after one issue because she was mad Oracle had been sloppy with her intel, and people died. Or something like that, it was a long time ago. If you ignore the artistic choices, it actually wasn't a terrible story, showing non-perfect heroes failing for once. But not in such a way it hurt either character. Or disrespected either. So it wasn't bad, apart from Hulk-PG.